Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angayelle View Post
    By refreshing it before the last tick, you actually lose a tick, like you're paying X mana for 11 ticks instead of getting 12 ticks for the same price. Not the most effective way to spend your mana. Now you should be able to disable those message by going into the MageBombTracker module option panel and unchecking the refresh button.[COLOR="red"]
    Thanks a lot for the quick answer, and for your addon too, ofc ! About the concern whether or not we should refresh it, I have to say I never really went deep into it, but when I played my warlock some time ago, I read on some forum that I had to refresh dots before the last tick (and after the penultimate, ofc).

And I think I read something like "Living bomb = you let it finish, Frost = you cast it on cd and nether = you cast it again before the last", but can't remember where (some post of swizzle maybe, or some other mage in here)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    Do we? Because this is not how DOT mechanics are meant to work. Refreshing before the last tick should cause a rollover. Is NT special and not following those rules?
    Aha, interesting. Can you find me some info about this rollover thing ? this is not the way LB behaved so i'm not used to this, if it's the case, then i could add an exception for nether tempest.

Deleted
    Living bomb is different because the explosion causes more damage than a tick from the bomb itself.

Edit : from EJ
    Last edited by mmoca1fe73f950; 2012-08-29 at 02:13 PM.

Aha, interesting. Can you find me some info about this rollover thing ? this is not the way LB behaved so i'm not used to this, if it's the case, then i could add an exception for nether tempest.
    I can't find a Blizzard post on it, but it's how dots were changed for Cataclysm. I'm pretty sure LB would work like that, if it wasn't a DPS loss for us to kill the explosion.

Balance thread on EJ
    Warlock thread here

Edit to add: I'm pretty sure they are being changed even more in Mists too, so it's not just the last tick that you can rollover, but again I can't find shit about it anywhere...
    Last edited by JohnnyQuest; 2012-08-29 at 02:34 PM.

There hasn't been a blue post on the behavior as far as I know. In MoP, it does rollover in that if you refresh right before the detonation, you get the detonation anyway. It doesn't quite rollover like other DoTs because if you clip too early you don't get the detonation at all just as in Cata, so I do think the early bomb refresh warning is fine to have. It is worth marking the locations of the DoT ticks on Mage bomb tracker now though if that is something you might consider implementing. I'd also like some way to emphasize bomb on current target- maybe make that particular bar larger/longer?

Fiddling with Combustion helper (3.1 - I saw both your updates) I think the color changing on a custom ignite threshold when Combustion is available isn't quite working right. I'm seeing lower ignites in general post-patch so turned down the threshold to 18k, but despite my ignite showing numerically to be higher than that on the Combustion helper frame, with Combustion available, it doesn't actually turn green. I didn't have that much time to test yesterday, but I'll play around more tonight and get some screenshots if I can for a ticket, but figured I'd let you know early.

Thanks very much for the update.
    Last edited by Fim; 2012-08-29 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    you should have a green marker on your target bar in magebombtracker module, provided you have it enabled in the option panel (on by default).

Gonna check that ignite threshold thing.

Combustion ticks should do (.12*spellpower + 112.333 + ignite tick/2) damage assuming you have pyroblast on the target.
    Last edited by Aantu; 2012-08-29 at 08:40 PM.

Very nice on the quick updates. Is anyone not seeing ignites after the latest update? Mine always reads 0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miniwheats View Post
    Very nice on the quick updates. Is anyone not seeing ignites after the latest update? Mine always reads 0.
    apparently the ignite value shown at the bottom is bugging, you can though enable damage report to see them in the upper portion. Correcting it atm.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 05:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aantu View Post
    Combustion ticks should do (.12*spellpower + 112.333 + ignite tick/2) damage assuming you have pyroblast on the target.
    isn't that this awesome Aantu again ? gonna check this out.

Deleted
    If you refresh LB before the last tick, but after the panultimate tick... It actually does do 2 things.
    Lets assume your LB does do 8 ticks, you refresh it after the 7th tick.
    - Upon refresh you will have had 7 ticks and force an explosion
    - Your new LB will tick 9 times, 1 for the former LB and 8 for the new.
    - refresh again after the 8th tick for a forced explosion

Intresting thing about Nether is it ticks <1 second, your gonna be hard pressed to refresh that between the Panultimate and last tickwithout losing cast time on Fireball or what not.

Is the mage bomb tracker showing ticks since we want to refresh Nether Tempest on the last tick?

Deleted
    Good luck refreshing Nether tempest just before the last tick, with the dot ticking sub 1 second.

Ok having issues with this version 3.2 - ive gone through the settings and whatnot and i cant seem to get anything but the bomb tracker to work, it seems like combustion/ignite tracking is disabled, and i have checked all the options. any thoughts/suggestions? gonna delete the mod and reinstall fresh waiting for answers

wow now I cant see the mod whatsoever :P like its off screen or something, Im using default UI
    Last edited by Sidewinder; 2012-09-01 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TomDeBaere View Post
    Is the mage bomb tracker showing ticks since we want to refresh Nether Tempest on the last tick?
    too many ticks and too little room to show them graphically, sadly.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Good luck refreshing Nether tempest just before the last tick, with the dot ticking sub 1 second.
    the timer of bombs is 0.1secs steps, you should be able to refresh if you're careful.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Ok having issues with this version 3.2 - ive gone through the settings and whatnot and i cant seem to get anything but the bomb tracker to work, it seems like combustion/ignite tracking is disabled, and i have checked all the options. any thoughts/suggestions? gonna delete the mod and reinstall fresh waiting for answers

wow now I cant see the mod whatsoever :P like its off screen or something, Im using default UI
    did you try using the reset button in all the main options panel and in cauterizecooldown and magebombtracker modules ?

Deleted
    yeah you can refresh anything in a sub 1 second window, just it is pretty hard to do ifyou can just focus on that exclusively.

Other than the DOT refresh you are also working FB, looking for heating up, not standing in fire, etc... Nevermind latency and other stuff.

Deleted
    version 3.3 is up with bugfixes and pyromaniac/heating up warnings