Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695

    [Closed RP] The Beast Within: Hunting The Predator

    Okay. So, for Knep and Men, you guys already know what's going on. My rogue has wandered off, dark voices speaking to him in his head yadda-yadda-yadda, and this is going to be an open-world RP. We have to find my rogue. ( For anyone else that feels like joining, PM me, and I'll find a set when you can 'bump in to us' as we're trying to find my rogue. This RP is going in no particular direction; we're just on a hunt for a fugitive worgen, lol.





    Velirra Dawnstrider, Jorn Wildmane and Christopher Barnley share tea and rest themselves before preparing to go after the Worgen Rogue, Alexander James/Alex Bloodfang, who has run away with dark voices piercing his thoughts. Both Jorn and Chris, druids of the Cenarion Circle, wish to seek out the rogue in case something dark has taken hold of him, while the female Sin'dorei huntress, Velirra, wishes to find him because of a recent assassination he'd conducted inside Fairbreeze Village, within the Blood Elves' homeland, Quel'Thalas. Having been sent by Ranger-General Halduron Brightwing to find him, as a bounty had been placed on his head, the blood elf wants him dead or alive, and will find him. She does not wish to truly kill him, however. After their most recent conversation between the four, with a dwarven priest to witness it, she feels more pity than hatred towards him, and has decided to let Ranger-General Brightwing decide his fate, should they find him.


    "Yes. I'm fine." She took her mug and mimicked Chris, finding the tea rather comforting and soothing. She drank it slowly, savouring every second of it, and felt her strength return with every sip. "I am Velirra Dawnstrider, ranger of SIlvermoon and - at the moment - a bounty hunter sent by Ranger-General Halduron Brightwing, to find the rogue, whom has just ran off. Whether he likes it or not - whether anyone likes it or not - he needs to face the consequences for his crimes. I need him dead or alive. I don't care which, but he will face a trial under General Brightwing's hand." She finished her tea, placing the empty mug on the table and gathering up her scattered weapons. She made sure both her quivers were full, then strapped them on - one on her back ,the other at her waist. She sheathed both her shortswords, flipped her dagger up, and shoved it in her boot. As she shouldered her bow, she stopped, and walked over to the spot where she'd noticed a metal object glinting. She bent down and picked up the worgen rogue's jewelled dagger; the same one he'd tried throwing at her. She held it for a moment, then sheathed it on her belt. Shrugging, she pulled her hood up, hiding most of her face, and turned back to the two druids. "I'm ready." She spared a glance to the dwarven priest, Grimgor. "Are you coming with us, dwarf?"

    ((My last post in the Beginner's RP. This is the 'softie' version of our 'alternate ending' scenario, lol. Funny where this has gone to, huh?))

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Mengucekli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Where i lay my head is home..
    Posts
    581
    ((I Don't think my dwarven priest would go on to find a worgen rogue with two hordies and another worgen. That's off the table for him. Sorry guys, but it really does not fit in logically. I have another character in my mind, maybe add him later? ))

  3. #3
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    ((I had a feeling that may happen. I didn't exactly see it either, not unless you spun it so your priest believed he were possessed or corrupted. But yeah, just send Mexy something and I'm sure you, or anyone else interested for that matter, may find a place in here if it makes sense story-wise.))
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  4. #4
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    ((Sounds cool with me. Whenever you find a good character and want to join us, feel free to PM me. I'll find a spot to fit you in. All right, let's go find ourselves a worgen.))


    Velirra nodded as the dwarven priest shook his head mutely. "Very well. It was worth a try." She turned to Chris and Jorn, still sipping their tea. "Whenever you guys are ready. The longer we wait here, the more distance he'll gain on us."



    Alexander half-ran, half-walked, staggering at times, through the thick jungles of Stranglethorn. His headache had died down somewhat, but for some reason, he found no reason to stop moving. The voice - almost a conscious, almost a dark presence within him - was still there. He felt as if it were watching the world through his eyes; smelling every scent through his nose; hearing every noise through his ears. It sent chills up the young worgen's spine, but he kept moving, not wanting or able to stop. He was moving in no particular direction; just away. Finally, almost thirty-three minutes later, he stopped, and not because he'd run out of breath. No, his endurance was fit and to the maximum, his limits almost unreachable. He just felt . . . Something . . . In him that wanted him to stop, to slow down, to be more smart about his actions. The rogue froze, not mivng, not blinking. He listened carefully, hearing only the natural sounds of the jungle. No footsteps, nobody behind him, following his every movement. He was alone.
    For the moment.
    You're being a fool, the voice spoke, a deep growl within his thoughts. It doesn't matter what you do. You have two druids and a hunter that are about to leave and track you down. You actually think you can hide from them? I have no doubts you can . . . But not for long.
    They won't find me, he shot back. And if they manage to, I'll rip them apart.
    That druid ahd you at his mercy. If you hadn't stopped fighting, he'd have torn you apart. And that was just one druid. There was another, as well as the hunter, who managed to take you by surprise with her venom earlier. You can boast of your 'strength' and 'battle prowess' all you wish, but in the end, you will die a foolish death.
    Alexander growled to himself, his headache returning. He held his temples for a moment. Shut the hell up and let me think for one bloody second.
    He felt the presence retreat, deep in to hsi thoughts, and relaxed slightly as the pain in his temples withdrew as well. Able to think clearly, he began to feel a pang of worry. If they're going to follow me, I'm going to need to be smart with what I do. The druids can connect to the bestial side of me, which means they can almost create a link to show them exactly where I am. The hunter, as well; she's an expert tracker, and has the bloody dragonhawk, too. He thought back to when he'd left the tavern, passing a massive dragonhawk stabled there. The druids, too, can shapeshift in to a form capable of flight. Gah. He lifted his lip in a feral snarl, then quickly ducked in to the mass of trees, running swiftly, making little noise. He'd have to rely on speed, then; his massive form would be hard to hide within the shadows, or any sort of cover he could find. Speed.
    It was almost a race. As that thought crossed his mind, another did as well, drowning out all others.
    Survival of the fittest.
    Last edited by xMexyragosX; 2012-09-01 at 01:19 AM.

  5. #5
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Chris had finished his cup as well, and was now standing opposite Velirra, looking at his friend. Jorn, on the other hand, had closed his eyes, and was finishing his tea more slowly now. Chris recognized the sign that the Tauren was deep in thought, and despite agreeing with the huntress, knew that Jorns wisdom may be invaluable. After many moments, during which both Chris, and from her appearance, Vel, had almost grown fed up on waiting, Jorns eyes opened once again.
    "We must be fast, but we must also be cautious. We have the advantage of flight, we must keep it that way. Even with the jungle's massive size, it will be easier if we can contain Alex here. Chris, you must head to the Explorers League dig site and Fort Livingston at once, to see if they have seen Alex. If not, give them a description, and tell them that if he enters, they must word to Rebel Camp for us while trying to keep him there as long as possible. Velirra, you must check with the guards at Hardwrench, Bambala and Grom'Gol, and see if he was sighted. I will fly quickly to Rebel Camp, and take watch there. He will likely try to make it through that pass before making his way up the mountains, as they are steep and would take a great deal of time and effort to climb. If either of you find any news, send word to me before acting on it. If you find nothing, fly north and regroup with me, we can decide on where to head from there."

    Jorn then set down his half-finished mug on the table as he stood and made his way to the door. Once there, he stopped and turned around to the other two, making their way out behind him.
    "May the Earth Mother watch over our hunt, and may her eternal gaze aid us in it's quick resolution." With that, the Tauren quickly changed form into a sleek and powerful brown and tan hawk, and was soon off, flying over Booty Bay.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  6. #6
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    Velirra approached her companion, Emberfire. The massive crimson dragonhawk squawked at the sight of the elven huntress. Velirra gave her friend a lopsided grin. "Nice to see you, too. Time to go on another hunt, Em."
    She double-checked both her quivers and all of her weapons. Satisfied, she stepped beside Emberfire, and checked the saddlebags and straps, tugging them and tightening them. She nodded to herself, taking a breath, and jumping on to Emberfire, taking her place at the usual spot on the dragonhawk's neck, just behind her head.
    "First stop: Grom'gol. You know the way, don't you, my friend?" Emberfire squawked again, and Velirra grinned to herself. She took hold of the reins, and braced herself as Emberfire took to the air. As usual, she let Emberfire fly herself, holding on to the reins simply for support as the dragonhawk turned in the air and took off in a direction Velirra knew to be one of the quickest ways to the Horde base camp. I've trained her well to know these places, the blood elf thought to herself, scanning the jungle below them carefully, hoping to catch sight of her prey. Her thoughts turned back to Jorn and Christopher. May the sun watch over you and guide your way, druids . . . And may it bring this mercenary and criminal back to my hand.
    Last edited by xMexyragosX; 2012-09-12 at 04:17 PM.

  7. #7
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Chris watched the elf for a moment, as she approached her large companion and prepared it for travel. Just as she was finishing up and preparing to mount the dragonhawk, Chris sighed heavily, and shifted into the form of a black hawk. Taking off as swiftly as his friend had, he made his way to the nearest of his three targets, the Explorers League dig. Blasted dwarfs have never cared for the land. I'll have to be sure to ignore their affronts, I need their cooperation... for now, at least...
    A distance that would have taken several hours on foot, Chris reached the dig site in a little less than an hour. Settling down, he shifted back to his human form, and began questioning the dwarfs. Quickly realizing this would yield no results, he did as he was instructed, and asked for their co-operation in finding the worgen. "In his current state, he is a danger, to both the land, and her people. We want to find him before he causes harm."

    Jorn, at this time, was still making his way northwards. Using the powerful air currents coming off the sea, he pushed his flight speed to a near dangerous pace. Because of their size, the mountians were just becomming visable in the horizon, yet they would still take many hours to reach. Settling in for the long flight, the druid tuned his attention to the natural world, looking to the jungle to aid him in the search for the worgen assassin. Slowly entering the consciousness of the vast green landscape, Jorn began flowing his thoughts and energies through those of the natural world, looking with their eyes, hearing with their ears, intertwining his senses with theirs.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  8. #8
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    Have to get away from here . . . Have to move faster . . .
    These thoughts whirled through Alexander's head as he stalked through the jungle. Though his size made it rather awkward to effectively move without making any noise, he was still a roggue, and still had a natural talent for it. He focused all of his mind in to each step, making sure he didn't step on any twigs or puddles.
    Though the voice hadn't spoken to him for almost an hour, he could still feel its presence, deep within his mind. The realization was as nerve-wracking as it was comforting. On one hand, having someone else watching his every move and never giving him rest made Alexander's neck crawl, as it made him feel like he had an enemy at his back; something he'd been taught to never allow. And yet, on the other, he was never alone, and the being that always accompanied him knew everything about him . . . or, at least, that's what he assumed, anyway.
    Something caught his ear and he froze, holding his breath. His heart was thudding in his ears as he watched his surroundings carefully, his vision excellent in the darkness, though the moonlight still shined through the trees.
    Bloody hell.
    The far-away sounds of flapping wings reached his ears, and he cursed to himself quietly. Should have known they'd start searching for me. Even if the druids aren't, I doubt that hunter'd let me get away so easily, no matter what soft words she spoke to me back at the tavern.
    He hesitated for a precious second, caught up between going for a full-out sprint, or continuing his silent trek. He finally made up his mind, dropping the veil of stealth for speed.
    He took a quick breath and ran, going as fast as his powerful legs could carry him. The trees flew by, and as he ran, he transformed. Where a human had once been running, a midnight-black worgen was now sprinting on all fours, going as fast it was as if he was flying.
    Have to keep moving . . .




    Velirra caught sight of their destination minutes before Emberfire actually landed. She chose her spot carefully; just outside Grom'gol, and yet near the walls of the Horde base camp. Though she did not actually touch the ground, she hovered close enough so that Velirra could jump off safely. She landed in a crouch, bending her knees to make no noise, and stood slowly. SHe could hear no sounds coming from inside the camp, save for the number of braziers that were crackling loudly and comfortingly. Feeling her tension ease, she made her way around to the opening in the wall and entered, but was immediately stopped by the touch of an axe to the back of her neck.
    She froze and shivered as a deep voice growled softly in her ear, "What do you think you're doing?"
    She made no move to escape nor fight back, but she did let her shoulders drop slightly. The cool metal on her neck caused goosebumps to pop up along her arms, but she chose her words carefully. "I am Velirra Dawnstrider, a blood elf looking for a . . . " How to put him? If she said wanted assassin, she orc may or may not let her go, depending if he wanted her to bring her problems to a group of Horde that could care less. If she said Alliance, he'd insint half of his allies pack up and go with her - Something she couldn't have him do, as it would be too obvious and decrease her odds of finding the worgen. Instead, she settled with the most logical answer in her head. "A fugitive from Quel'Thalas, wanted for murder by Ranger-General Halduron Brightwing."
    The orc grunted, still keeping the axe leveled. "A fugitive? From the elven lands? Pagh!" He spat and withdrew his axe, twirling it in his massive green hand before replacing it on his belt. "What makes you think he would be here? We have guards posted from day to night, and nobody has seen a sign of a fugitive . . . And definitely not in here!"
    Velirra turned slowly and squinted in the darkness, trying to make out the orc's features. He had long brown hair, tangled and messy, and one of his tusks was missing. The other was large and white, and his eyes were trained on the huntress.
    "I wasn't thinking he'd be here, though that would have made my job a lot easier. I just wanted to see if anyone here had had a sighting of him perchance."
    The guard rolled his eyes in the darkness, then realized the blood elf probably couldn't see him. So he settled for making his tne as sarcastic and irritated as possible. "Did you hear what I just said, or not?"
    Velirra's ears twitched at his tone of voice. That doesn't sound too good. "So you haven't, then?"
    The orc growled to himself, shoving past her and walking off towards the zeppelin tower; probably his post before she'd wandered in here. Velirra sighed. "I've had more fruitful searches elsewhere."
    When she returned to Emberfire, the dragonhawk seemed jumpy, but her companion allowed her to hop in to the saddle. Seeming eager to be off, she took to the air as soon as she felt Velirra was situated.
    The blood elf looked around and ran a hand through her silky hair. "Next stop: Hardwrench. Let's hope those goblins are in a talking mood tonight."

    ((They are goblins . . . right? I Haven't played WoW for a while, so I'm not a hundred percent sure, lol.))

  9. #9
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    ((Yeah, Hardwrench in a town the goblins build a little up the coast from Booty Bay. You actually passed it... Bambala is a troll outpost outside of Zul'Gurub east of Grom'Gol. My question is, which of my druids did he hear? Jorn would have sensed the transformation, his meditative state giving him an "in" to the natural world. Chris, on the other hand, would probably be oblivious, unless his was close enough to see the movement. Worgen eyesight+hawk eyesight=ridiculously awesome, but still more limited then hearing in the jungle. ))
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  10. #10
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    ((I'm thinking Chris . . . if not, Velirra. Alexander is, at the moment, near the Gurabashi Arena, heading north. Velirra would have either flown above him or past him twice . . . like I said, I haven't played WoW for a long time, and can't really remember the zones very well. The path Velirra took was pretty much straight towards Grom'gol, meaning she would have passed him when he had stopped for that moment, if I remember correctly. He's nearing The Vile Reef though. Knowing Alex, he'll either swim straight through it, or go around to Lake Nazferiti, making for an easier capture.))

  11. #11
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    ((99% most likely Vel. The dig sight is southeast of the arena. btw... northern stranglethorn and southern stranglethorn. I vote for swimming the reef, or maybe the river into westfall/duskwood. Unless maybe your thinking about him escaping again after capture))

    Jorn continued onwards, the mountains approaching ever nearer. Keeping most of himself in the natural flow of energies, he watched over the land as he flew.
    Trees, large and small. Vegetation. Raptors, gorillas, monkeys, panthers, lions, crocodiles. Various minor birds and fish. And insects, lots of insects. Yet no Worgen, not yet, not near by. Strange. Expanding upon his focus in the natural world, Jorn enlarged his awareness of everything on the way north of him, towards to only pass in the mountains containing the jungle. Yet he still found no sign of Alex, no whisper of his being as he ran past the noticing eyes of the natural predators.
    Either he is moving with great care, to not leave any trace or acquire and notice from the land, and as thus is moving very slowly. Or he is going in another direction than the pass. But where might that be? Pondering this though, Jorn continued on, flying straight towards Rebel Camp.

    Chris, on the other hand, was rapidly approaching Fort Livingston. Glad that at least this time he wouldn't be dealing with those who can't keep their heads out of the dirt, Chris settled down outside the main entrance to the small settlement. Quickly shifting into this human form, Chris was greeted with interest for the unique method of arrival. Quickly explaining why he was there, and describing his prey, he asked the people if they had seen such a Worgen.
    Livingston Marshal, the Innkeeper, was the first to reply. "Nay, druid, we have not had a Worgen such as you described pass through here. In fact, we have seen little of anyone but each other, until you showed just now. But the only way north is passing by, unless one swims the inlet on the western side of the whirlpool, or treks through troll lands to the east."
    Chris stood there, pondering for a moment, before thanking the man and the others in the fort. Adding at the end, as he had with the dwarfs, that if the Worgen were to show up, he needed to be notified at Rebel Camp immediately. Then, as he turned to face north, Chris became a hawk once more, and took off into the sky. As he worked his way north to meet up with Jorn, Chris' thoughts went back to what the innkeeper had said.
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-09-06 at 08:13 PM.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  12. #12
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    ((Yeah. Damn that whirlpool. Guess Alex is about to hit a stump of sorts. Silly Vel, haha.))


    Velirra growled. How did we fly over Hardwrench? Why didn't I think of this before we flew over it?
    Blood elf and dragonhawk were heading back the way they'd came towards the goblin town of Hardwrench Hideaway. Vel was becoming frustrated with herself and her lack of thinking. If I want this rogue so badly, I'd better start thinking my actions through a bit more clearer.
    Emberfire's wings beat swiftly and yet made little noise, but somehow, Vel sensed something below them had heard her companio anyway . . . and was let in on their hunt. She shook the feeling off and steered Emberfire down as Hardwrench popped into view. She brought Emberfire to the ground and dismounted, gesturing for her companion to wait. Emberfire gave a squawk of unhappiness but obeyed, hovering where she was.
    As Vel entered, she belatedly realized the goblin town was silent and dead, and that there wasn't a sign of any inhabitants anywhere.
    "Hello?" she called out, her musical voice clear in the silence. She was as startled as the little figure beside her when he cried out in surprise, almost tripping her in panic.
    "What in the blazes-" a high-pitched voice snapped, and she heard the goblin scrambling to his feet, dagger in hand. She looked down at him as he looked up, and he growled, shaking his head. She almost laughed at his oversized ears bouncing with the gesture. "A'ight then, you accomplished your purpose . . . you woke me up! Now wha' in the bloody name of Gallywix do ya want?!"
    "I need some information, if you've got any to give," she replied, crossing her arms and trasferring her weight to her right leg as the goblin dusted himself off and ran a hand over his shaved head.
    "Information? Hmmm," the goblin droned, sheathing his dagger and tapping his chin with a long, green finger. "Depends on what kinda information you're lookin' for. Might have it; might not."
    "I'm looking for a worgen," she said. "He's most likely travelling in his human form. He's at least seven feet tall, with midnight hair and dark eyes. He's dressed in black leather armour and has nasty scar on his left cheek. Have you seen him?"
    The goblin chuckled. "Yeah, musta seen him in my dreams. In case ya haven't noticed, chick, I've been sleepin' for the past two hours. Then again, depending on when your little pal started playing hide-and-seek, he mighta just slipped under my eye."
    Vel sighed in impatience. "No doubt he did, with the level of attention you seem to posess." She remembered why she hated goblins so much. She clearly wasn't going to get anywhere with this one, either. "Fine. Have it your way. But if you do see him, attempt to stop him if you can, and send someone up north, as that's where I'll be." She turned and strode swiftly out of the town, not waiting for the goblin's reply. Her movements impatient and irritated, she mounted Emberfire and let the dragonhawk take to the sky once more.
    Bambala's up near Zul'Gurub. That's my ext stop, and by then I'll be nearing the Rebel Camp. I wonder if Jorn or Christopher have had any luck.
    "Bambala, Em," she said, and scratched the dragonhawk's neck. "Just follow the stench of troll."




    Alex ran as fast as he could, little more than a blur against the trees as he flew through the jungles. He was nearing the massive whirlpool that seperated the northern half of Strangethorn from the Cape, and slowed his speed somewhat, still careful to make as little noise as possible. As he reached the whirlpool, the thundering sound of rushing water pounded in his ears, making him cringe somewhat.
    Wish I didn't have such sensitive hearing right now, he thought, stopping at the edge of the cliff and staring down into the dark, swirling waters. The Vile Reef occupies the western side of the whirlpool. I could swim it, but I'd be an easy target if I was spotted. To the east is the troll lands and Zul'Gurub. I'd be hard to find if I took that way, but then I'd have to take the risk of running into trolls . . . and I doubt they're very friendly.
    He snarled softly at his options. He knew that every second he wasted contemplating them was another second his pursuers gained on him.
    Take the Vile Reef. Then you can swim the river in to the Duskwoods and Elwynn Forest. From there, it'll be simpicity in itself to sneak your way into Stormwind City, snag a gryphon, and fly to wherever you wish to go.
    I thought you'd left me to decide my own fate, he thought in answer to the dark voice. He wasn't really fearful of the voice anymore; he was beginning to grow irriated with it, actually. It seemed to know everything, and yet hadn't proved that logic as of yet.
    He shook the thought off and scanned through his memory, trying to remember what lay along the river. The Venture Co. camp sits on the right side of the river, about halfway through, he recalled. The images in his head almost formed a map of Straglethorn, and he swept his subconscious gaze over it thoroughly. I also run the risk of being caught by Horde guards patrolling from Grom'gol, or soldiers from Fort Livingston, as both towns are at the only entry point to the river from this place.
    Don't forget Nesingwary's Expedition, the voice warned. But I trust in your talents, James. Take it nice and slow, be cautious, and they'll never catch you.
    Huh, Alex thought, curious. Since when did you decide to help me? But the voice didn't answer.
    The Vie Reef it is. He turned to the west, and lifted his snout to the air. Sniffing carefully, he deciphered numerous different presences from the hundreds of scents he caught on, and when he thought it safe, dropped to all fours and started running towards the waters ahead, his sights set on the Reef.


    ((Oh, yes. He won't be that easy to capture, haha. An escape is a definite possibility...))
    Last edited by xMexyragosX; 2012-09-12 at 04:21 PM.

  13. #13
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Jorn was brought back to the physical world as a cold, heavy breeze washed over his sleek feathered form. Opening his eyes, he saw he had arrived at the pass through the mountains, with the small encampment of Rebel Camp several hundred yards below him. I have arrived, and still no sign of him. Very strange. If he managed to make it to one of the towns, there will be no way to catch him easily from the air. I must hope he is still in the forest, or that the others were more successful.
    As he pondered these thoughts, Jorn descended, settling down onto a branch of a large tree that hung over the only trail out of Stranglethorn. He allowed his eyes to scan back and forth over the area in front of him, as his mind wandered back into the natural world. He sensed that the sun would soon rise again, as An'she continued to chase Mu'sha through the heavens.

    Chirs arrived at Rebel Camp several hours later. The sun had long since risen, and he had enjoyed the natural warmth as it shined down upon his black feathers. He had seen Jorn with his enhanced vision, perched in the sun on a tree branch, but passed over his friend for now. First, he flew towards the encampment, and shifted once at it's main entrance. Similar to the stir it caused at Fort Livingston, many of the residents wandered over, wondering what a druid was going at their camp.
    "There is a male Gilnean loose in these lands, one I am seeking. There is something wrong with him, almost as if something other than he is influencing his decisions. I should not have to say, but for our kind, this is hardly ever a good thing. He stands at an abnormally large height, yet he is still young. Long black hair, and a large scar across his left cheek. For the safety of the people, and the lands, I have told Forth Livingston and the Explorers League dwarfs to send word here if they come across him. I and my companions will be along the path, directly south of your camp. If word comes, let us know." He turned, and began walking back out of camp, through the crowd that had began to encircle him. Ignoring their questions, he continued walking to the edge of the camp. Once there, he turned once more, amplifying his gruff voice to be heard over the voice of the others.
    "So you know, my companions here are a Tauren Druid and a Blood Elf Huntress. They will not harm you, they are here for your safety. I entrust if I am not there, you will treat them with due respect." With that said, he turned once more, shifting into a large black lupine-looking cat, and quickly made his way back to the tree where he had left his companion.

    As Chris neared, Jorn laughed to himself as he hopped down from his perch. As he landed, he shifted back to his normal bovine form, and chuckled audibly to the large cat as it began to change it's shape once more.
    "Always one for the powerful, mysterious, and over-done impressions, my friend. Yet, I take it you had no luck, as you went first to the camp before coming to me?"

    "Aye, there was no sight of Alex. They have been told to send us signs of any sightings, and the people at Rebel camp know to come to us should any information arise. However, the innkeeper at Fort Livingston said something that made me wonder. Is it not possible that Alex could use either the river or the ocean to make his escape?"

    Jorn stopped and thought upon this question for several minutes. I had not considered it. The river is well traveled and populated. The pure stamina needed to swim the ocean would be too intense for any regular human. But perhaps, with his Worgen form, it would be possible... He would have to stay close to shore, though, or might be stuck being pulled out to sea...
    "There is a chance, however slight, one we can not overlook. Head west. Fly down the coastline a bit, but return by the time An'she begins moving towards the ocean. If you spot Alex, take note of his direction, and return to me. Hopefully Velirra will arrive by then."

    Chris nodded, then returned to the form of a black hawk and took off, heading towards the coastline. Jorn, in turn, took on his own brown hawk form, and returned to his perch in the sunlight. There, he resumed his vigil, both in the physical and spiritual worlds.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  14. #14
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    Velirra had, almost two hours ago, unsuccessfully questioned the trolls at Bambala, and received no word of her prey.
    Frustrated, impatient and hungry, she began her flight to Rebel Camp. She wondered how the Alliance would treat her, but hoped that Chris had managed to inform them in full detail of whom exactly they would be lending their time to.
    Emberfire flew swiftly, causing a breeze to blow softly through Velirra's hair, toying with it delicately. She held onto the reins with both hands, she cared naught for the sun that had already crested the seas.
    Mark my words, rogue... I will find you.



    Alex had been swimming the Vile Reef for the past hour and a half, his movements graceful in the bright azure waters, his breathing slow and calm. Attributing it to his stamina and strength, he allowed those thoughts to pass through his head, taking careful note of his path.
    I'll end up swimming through the river before I reach the Duskwoods. From there, I'll simply stalk my way through the trees until I reach Elwynn, then make a break for Stormwind and out the hell out of here. Maybe Kalimdor? I could hide out somewhere, I'm sure... or fly to Northrend.
    He toyed with different plan as he swam, occasionally spitting out mouthfuls of salty seawater.
    After some time he reached the river and relaxed somewhat, allowing the current to carry him through so he could focus on keeping to the edge of the river and avoiding patrols. He eventually saw the Venture Co. camp up ahead, and waited for the right moment. Just as he was about to pass it, he took a deep breath and ducked his head under the water's surface slowly, so as to make no splash. He waited as long as he could, feeling the current's movements pull him down the river, before popping back up, gasping for breath. He took a quick glance at his surroundings, and saw the camp a few yards behind him, safely out of his path.
    Eventually he took over again, moving both his arms and legs in powerful, smooth motions, propelling himself through the water. He saw the Nesingwary camp coming into view, but didn't even spare it a thought.
    They're likely still asleep, and probably suffering from hangover if anything I've heard of Nesingwary's son is true. And so he continued to swim, ignoring the hunter's camp completely. He saw the river's path leading into the Duskwoods, and moved over to the edge. Digging his claws into the ground, he pulled himself out of the river and shook himself off, droplets of water flying everywhere. He waited in a crouch for a moment, letting the sun dry his armour off so he wouldn't be weighed down by the soaked leather, then gave his head one last good shake. Satisfied, he dropped to all fours and resumed his sprint, entering the Duskwoods by the river's edge. He used the sound of the flowing water to mask any noise he might make, and ran swiftly, crushing flowers beneath his paws. Off and on he would freeze, sniff the air carefully, then resume running, aware that he may or may not have lost his pursuers.
    I don't know what their plans are, but I'm certainly not going to include letting them capture me.
    Smart doggy. Stick to this path, don't let your guard down, and don't do anything stupid.
    Shut the hell up. He snapped back, growling deep in his throat and increasing his pace.

  15. #15
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    ((Bump!))

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Mengucekli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Where i lay my head is home..
    Posts
    581
    (( Feeling lonely you two? Would you like Thor spice things up here a bit? I would like to join the adventure ))

  17. #17
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    ((Sounds good. I'm just waiting for Knep to reply; we've been a bit slow for the past few days. Just PM me your character and some info about him/her, and I'll find somewhere to put you in. Maybe at the Rebel Camp, someone who has heard of the wandering rogue and wants to help find him? If you happen to be a blood elf, you can join my hunter, too, in lookign for him for the bounty?))

  18. #18
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Chris did as he was told, and flew straight to the coast. As he worked his way down the shore line, he kept one eye to the sky, watching the sun progress. When his time began dwindling, he had made sure to be back to the northern border of Stranglethorn. This way, as he made his way back, he passed over the river as it flowed into Duskwood. Though his eyes picked up nothing, he had a strong feeling something had gone on down there. Swooping down to scan the area, he suddenly noticed large lupine tracks after a few moments of searching. Snarling, Chris took off one more, racing back towards Rebel Camp and Jorn and Velirra.

    Jorn had noticed Velirra and her massive dragonhawk come into view over the horizon. As they approached, he took flight from his perch, to make himself more visible to them and meet the huntress as she arrived. As he began to hover, however, he noticed another figure fast approaching from the west. Turning, he recognized the figure as Chris. Chris made it to Jorn first, several moments before Velirra caught up with the two.

    As soon as Chris entered earshot of Jorn, he spoke to his friend, a series of chirps, squawks, and calls indicative of avian speech. "I saw fresh tracks by the river. We are now behind him, he is now in Duskwood. We must move, now."

    Jorn listened, silently cursing to himself. I put too much faith in the guards and scouts of the Horde and Alliance. As Velirra and her dragonhawk neared, he called out to the animal, knowing it would understand his avian speech, though the huntress likely wouldn't. "Follow Chris, he will lead you and your friend to your pray's tracks." Then he turned his head back to Chris, and opened his beak once more. "Show her the tracks. Follow them. The other worgen in the woods will likely slow him, or he will have to slow to avoid detection. I will meet up with you where the river forks. Fly fast, young one." With that, the brown-tan hawk turned north, and will power flaps of it's wings, took off towards the dark woods.

    Chris, with the dragonhawk and her rider now behind him, hoped the beast would do as it was told, and that Velirra would understand. He took off to the river, flying with all the speed his black wings could muster.

    ((Time to play catch up! I have no problem with a friend joining in, the more the merrier!))
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  19. #19
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    ((This is gonna be good. ))

    Velirra pulled Emberfire's reins gently, tugging the huge crimson, serpentine creature in Chris's direction. Emberfire understood, taking to the air and following the Worgen Druid.
    She had barely heard what Chris or Jorn had said. She could only think of one thing: Her prey was near.
    Fresh tracks by the river. He's reached Duskwood. He's so close. She was ecstatic with a savage satisfaction not usually seen within her calm personality. Vel wasn't one to hold many grudges or seek revenge, but having one of her people slaughtered mercilessly and in one of the most cowardly ways thought possible was something she was not going to sit and do nothing about.
    She cleared her head and took a deep breath, forcing herself to calm down and still her trembling hands. She realized she'd been gripping the reins too tightly and loosened her grasp, wincing slightly as she felt the tightened muscles in her hands relax - albeit painfully.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome Mengucekli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Where i lay my head is home..
    Posts
    581
    Sniff.. Sniff.. They did not realise i'm here.. Not yet.. Pityful fleabags.. Snorting around, giving chase to bunnies.. And humans. I should finish them quickly now.

    Thor was crouching in a bush, west of Darkshire, right outside of a feral worgen camp in the woods. He could see 7 of them rummaging around their last trophy, while one was chewing on the unfortunate goblin merchant's arm. Easy now, a shot of smoke in the middle, then it will be a piece of cake.

    Right when he aimed down his shotgun, he stopped, and turned his head around in panic. To the south. Another one? He carefully sniffed the air. Yes, a worgen, but not feral.. Maybe. One from Raven Hill? Unlikely. I wonder what a fellow Gilnean is doing here, especially right now.

    He could sense the other worgen, probably watching the feral pack like him. But suddenly, his train of thoughts suddenly came to an end, as panic spread adrenaline through his body, because of this distraction he was looking away from the pack, and he realised one was missing right now. He heard a crackle at the bush right at leftside of him, and he murmured calmly "Clever girl.". Feral worgen leaped with ferocity towards him from the bush, while he was trying to turn his shotgun to it. Thor, realising it was not possible for him to take aim in a split second, held his rifle with both hands and shielded himself with the rifle instead. Worgen pounced on him with brute force and a vicious roar. He turned his face to a side while it was roaring, to prevent its saliva from covering his face. "Curses!" he yelled and with incredible force he raised his arms with rifle to throw the feral beast off himself. He kicked the beast in the groin while pushing it towards, that gave him the oppurtunity to get up.

    The other feral worgen heard the rumble and rushed towards Thor. "Hard way then it is!" he laughed, and shot the jumping worgen that he pushed earlier. Scatter shot of shotgun effectively tore open the chest of worgen in close range, throwing it a few paces back, growling in anguish. His enraged fellows rushed forward to meet Thor. "Well then!" he yelled, dropping his rifle, and he draw his pistols with both hands. He aimed carefully, calculating the distance and speed of his targets. Then a tempest of whirling bullets broke out, leaving Thor partially in smoke, and continious fire from pistols rained bullets down on feral worgens. Feral beasts fell one after another, getting hit at their vital points. As the thundering sound of pistols quitened, smoke dispersed quickly and Thor looked at his targets.

    What the hell! One still stands! Adrenaline hit his mind -he knew he had few choices but to draw his sword and meet the last feral beast in melee combat, in which he was not sure of victory. It seemed to have gotten a wound in the shoulder, but managed to survive his bullet storm. He must have taken cover behind others while running. Clever. Murderously clever.

    He hung his pistols to his belt and drawed his sword. So be it.

    (( A hand here would be very appreciated ))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •