Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    ((Don't worry about it, was off in forced tanking so guildies could try out the changes until 3am, slept in until 12, then got to help my father as I'll be off to college soon. So yeah, no problem, I'm sorry. :P))

    Head spinning, Chris's consciousness came back suddenly, sending him into a fit of coughing. The action almost forced him back to unconciousness, however, as the motion strained the ruptued muscles and flesh of his mangled neck. Even his chest was screaming with pain, which he realized was from several deep cuts after putting his hand on his chest. Tasting the magical blend of herbs common to a healing potion, Chris looked around, eager to find out what happened and who has saved him. As his eyes fell on Alex, however, his heart stopped.
    Him. No, it can't be! Chris snarled as he lept to his feet, his memories of the fight back, and ready to defend himself. The sudden raction, however, sent a shockwave through Chris as his forgotten injuries bit back with force. He collapsed into a heap, darkness drawing around him again, threatening to send him back to unconsciousness.
    Crap, I can't even defend myself like this. I'm completely at his mercy... Chris remained, crumbled in the sand, head between his arms, fighting unconciousness. Moments passed as such, where all he did was breathe, slowly, in, and out. Seeking to regain his inner balance, he concentrated on the sound of his breathing. In and out. In and out. Push and pull. In and out. Life and death. In and out. Rage and discipline. In and out. War and peace. In and out. Balance...
    Now calmed, and no longer aggressive, Chris lowered his guard further, recognizing that if he wasn't dead yet, Alex was likely seriously wounded himself, or at least not willing to attack. Letting go of his mind and body, Chris tried to insert himself into the flow of nature. Slowly, he began to feel the natural energies as they surrounded him, encompassed him, reinvigorated him, lending the young druid the strength of nature. Using the natural energies, Chris tried his best to heal himself, repairing the worst of his wounds from the fight. While his skill in the restorative arts of nature was low, he managed to heal the worst of his wounds, keeping himself alive for the moment. Opening his eyes once again, Chris realized his body was bathed in a light green glow. Slowly getting up, he still felt his injuries, and they still pained him, but he was no longer completely crippled by them. Also, as he noticed, his bleeding had stopped. As the green glow started to fade, Chris began feeling weary once again, but at least the pain didn't return.
    Turning back to Alex, Chris noticed the other worgen was looking intently at him. Giving the assassin a smile and small wave, Chris took a few unsteady steps, bracing himself in case he would collapse again. Managing to feep his balance and composure, Chris then turned his attention back to Alex, who was obviously in pain. Despite his overall feeling to just leave Alex there to die, or maybe even doing him the favor of ripping his throat out for a quick death, Chris moved to Alex's side, remembering back to the fight.
    Chest cuts, ripped shoulder, broken ribs, maybe even internal rupturing and bleeding. Sigh, am I really going to do this? Chris shook his head at himself, as he in-tuned himself with the same natural flow he had shared with before. Finding it easier this time, he worked the same magic on Alex, healing the worst of his injuries, making him relatively stable again.
    "There. Now we are even, Alexander James."

    Jorn flew through the waters in the form of a sea lion, using his powerful muscles and tail to propel himself at a rapid pace. Yet, even when he reached where he believe Chris and Alex would have fallen, he found no trail of the two. He began there, spending countless moments swimming around, trying to find any hint of either of the two worgen. Eventually, his sensitive nose caught on to the scent of blood, the blood of a beast, yet by then it had become so dissipated there was no way to trace it.
    BAH! It's likely the currents has shifted this blood from it's original place as well. At least this might mean the two made it out of the water and didn't drown, else their wounds would make locating them easy. If they are together though..... Oh Chris, damn you, hang in there! Jorn used all of his power to propel himself in a rapid ascent to the water's surface, breaking from the waves with enough speed to leap out of the water. Now in the air once more, Jorn took on the form of a brown hawk with tan markings, and began to fight the air currents to get above the crushing sea breeze. On his way up, he noticed the crimson dragon hawk he had found earlier, and made his way towards the beast and it's master, the huntress. As he approached, she noticed him, and brought the dragonhawk to a steady hover while Jorn caught up the the two. Jorn used a trick taught to him by his old elven teacher to use the natural energies to translate his words, allowing almost any natural being to understand their meaning.
    "There is no signs of either of them. Likely they managed to make it to shore. We will have to begin our search on the local beaches. And we must hurry, there was blood in the water, not enough to show they were still there, but they had lost much of it."
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-08-31 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Smartphones.... ugh!

  2. #22
    Mechagnome Mengucekli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Where i lay my head is home..
    Posts
    583
    Slowly floating below, Grimgor saw a figure in the dark waters, struggling to stay at the surface. Then, all of a sudden, figure dived in. Grimgor continues approaching as he knew none may be back in the surface anytime soon. Much to his surprise tho, the dark figure came back up, holding another one with his arm, and started swimming for the shore. He decided to follow them and see if they would be okay.

    Soon both managed to reach shore, lying on the cool and wet sands. Grimgor got furious with himself, for troubling himself with the well being of those beasts. "They are fine." he mumbled, and started elevating himself back to the balcony. On his way back, he met with the hawk and dragonhawk with rider, and pointing at the direction he said loudly: "Dogs on the shore.", then he continued climbing up at the balcony.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    695
    Alexander tensed as Chris approached him, a strained grin on his face. Don't try it, druid, he thought, clenching his left hand in to a fist. You touch me, even with my wounds, you're dead. Regardless if you've healed yourself, or not.
    He, however, found himself too weary to fight back as the druid approached, hands outstretched. Still tensing, Alexander felt a fresh flow of blood run down his arm. Yet, as the druid neared, instead of attacking, he began casting the same healing spell he'd used on himself. Alexander watched in shock as Christopher healed him of his injuries. He could almost feel his ribs reattatching themselves inside his chest, one of them sliding out of his lung, which he could also feel being stitched back together. His right arm went numb for a few moments, and as the druid finished, stepping back, he looked at his arm, and saw no wound through both fresh and dried blood.
    "There. Now we are even, Alexander James," Chris said, his eyes meeting Alexander's.
    The rogue struggled to his feet, both hands clenched. He was still in a bit of pain, but not as much. He could focus, and he could think clearly, his thoughts not muddied by the severe loss of blood. "You attacked me. All I had to do was deal with that bloody little hunter, and you interfered. Why did you do that?"


    Velirra nodded as Jorn spoke. "Indeed. I noticed the blood, but could find no sign of them. And, believe me, my night vision is excellent. Yet I see no rogue or druid. The shorelines sound like a good place to start. You lead; I'll follow."

  4. #24
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Chris almost laughed hearing Alex's reply.
    "Why interfere? We went over that before. Also, if you don't remember, if Jorn and I hadn't interfered from the beginning, you would have been halfway to Quel'Thalas by now." Chris turned around, looking around at their surroundings, taking in all he could find.
    "It seems we washed into a small alcove along the coastline. Jorn is likely looking for me, and elf for you, but from this location these trees would block their view from the air. I don't have the strength currently to fly, especially since my wounds are not completely healed. And neither of us has any weapons, other than my already low natural energies. So if the beasts who left those tracks over there..." Chris motions to a large collection of raptor prints a little ways down the beach "come back, we will be in trouble.

    Jorn remained hovering in mid air next to the huntress and her dragonhawk, considering what options they had.
    "Neither would have had strength to go against the current. That current is right now running to the south, so that is the direction we will have to go. As for your vision, I am glad, though with any luck the sun will soon rise. That is, unless morning comes with one of those sudden tropical storms common to this part of the world." With that said, Jorn motioned with his beak for the elf to follow, then turned and began descending towards the nearest coastline. He flew low enough to take in every detail with his hawk eyes, but not get caught in the thermal pockets of air that riddle coastal areas.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  5. #25
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    695
    ((Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I had to replace my computer, but my laptop isn't coming in until the 6th, so I had to use my parents'.))


    Alexander nodded thoughtfully, still weary. "Hmmph," he murmured, almost a growl. "Whatever made those tracks, I could easily rip in half. No need to worry about that. I have no wish to let the blood elf find me, either. Being sent to Quel'Thalas to face trial under Brightwing's hand isn't on the top of my 'To Do' list. No; for now, I'll worry about keeping my hide safe, and finding food. I don't know what you're planning to do, but you can follow me if you want. Survival is my niche." He gathered up what he'd dropped, and reached down in to his boot. Withdrawing a small dagger, he checked its sharpness. Satisfied, he started to head off in to the jungle.

    Velirra nodded at Jorn's observation. "The only thing I must point out, is that if they washed ashore, and one of them had some way to heal one another's injuries, even slightly, they'd most likely be heading off to find food and shelter." She paused, thinking her point through. "That's what I'd do, anyway. Either way, it'd probably be a good start. All I want is the rogue, but I'll help rescue your friend as well. After all, I owe him my life, as do I to you. You both saved me, even though my victory was supposed to be certain." She shook her head. "My trainer always told me to expect the unexpected." She chuckled, her tone musical and soft in the silent night. "Guess I went against that one very important teaching." She gave him a lopsided grin in the darkness, allowing Emberfire to fly her own path; which, coincidently enough, was on Jorn's tail.
    Or, rather, his feathers.

  6. #26
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    ((Don't worry about it, no harm, no foul.))

    As Alex began walking towards the woods, Chris quickly found himself laughing. Oh, how naive he is. Though, perhaps I should take it as a compliment, he thinks he is fully healed by my hand.
    "I hate to break it to you, but it is not in my ability, nor energy, to completely heal you. Your wounds may be stabilized, but your body is still weakened, and too much strain will likely tear them open again. I imagine 'ripping' a pack of hungry raptors 'in half' would put you in a position quite at the lizards mercy. In fact, I doubt you could even take on your worgen form without putting too much pressure on your body. So before you begin your trek, think on that for a moment. What we need now is a safe location and food. The latter is easy, we are surrounded by edible materials, even if not as good as meat. The location, however, could prove tricky. I suggest we work our way into the jungles a bit, keeping together as to hope to intimidate any nearby wildlife." Before turning to leave, Chris decided to leave a marking, something he and Jorn had begun to use long ago to tell one another of the other's location. Chris entered the flow of nature one more time, calling forth a small, black flower in the shape of a bell in the middle of the beach. Satisfied, he turned to Alex, and began moving towards where the other worgen had stopped, then into the jungle.
    "I suggest we move swiftly, yet carefully. I have a feeling our luck will soon have a turn for the worse."


    Jorn took into consideration the words of the huntress. Yet he knew Chris, if he were to move out of visibility, he would leave a sign. He proceeded to make his way about a mile south, along the coast line. Feeling the dragonhawk's warm breath on his tail feathers, Jorn scanned the near-by beach, noticing nothing of his friend or Alex. As he passed the mile mark, he waited a few more moments before stopping.
    "It seems our luck is worse than I hoped. It is beyond reason that they could have made it this far so quickly. As such, they must have washed up in one of the many small alcoves off the sea, hidden from our view when flying along the coast. We will have to check each individually, and pray to get so lucky as to find them soon. Something is stirring, I can feel the waves of natural fury rising. A storm is coming. We must move quickly. May the Earth Mother guide our search."
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  7. #27
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    695
    Velirra nodded. "As you say, druid. Shall we begin our search? The more time spent hovering here speaking, the more of a chance we could lose both." She turned Emberfire and gave the dragonhawk a nudge with her heel. Emberfire squawked and began flapping her wings - one whole, the other scarred - off to the west.


    Alex looked over his shoulder, watching Chris carefully make his way through the trees, following the rogue mercenary.
    Alexander contemplated Christopher's words. On one hand, what he says is true. Maybe I am still weakened from my wounds, even if healed by him. But his energy wasn't any better. He thought back to the healing potion he'd drunk before the druid healed him. I mixed more than just typical healing herbs in to that potion. My alchemy might not be as good as thers, but I can tell different plants apart. With what I added in to that potion, I should be fine . . . At least, for a little while.
    "Oh, our luck may take a turn for the worse, as you say," he said, breaking the silence, his deep voice hoarse. "Yet I pride myself on my luck. I am a rogue, after all, and with the few disadvantages that I have - small, yet still they prove to be an obstacle - I need it. Besides, surviving in a jungle filled with hungry predators that both outnumber me and overpower my own strength is what I do best. I'm no hunter, but I have my fair share of survival skills." They continued walking, and he found the numerous thick, tangled vines to be rather irritating. He drew his dagger and slashed downwards, cutting a swath through the thick vines. Grunting in satisfaction, he did this everytime he found himself blocked by them.

  8. #28
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Jorn searched, cove by cove, unable to find any signs of either of the Worgen. Patience. We must have patience. Chris will surely have left a sign if he moved off. He called out to the huntress, wanting to be sure she didn't overlook anything. "Make sure to check for any signs of them being there, especially anything out of place amongst the beaches." Not waiting for a reply, he turned to continue on the search, hoping to find something soon.

    Chris was greatly displeased as Alex began cutting through the vines, his twisting into a grimace. Absolutely unnecessary, a waste. Survival skills my furry Worgen tail, he is only skilled in displeasing the wilds and making us easier to find. Realization dawning through his anger, Chris almost laughed. Then again... that benefits me, much more so than he. We may as well be leaving beacons for the others to follow. Having his body simply follow the assassin cutting through the jungle, Chris allowed his mind to slip into a meditative state, wading through the natural energies of the forest, and began to heal and rejuvenate. Yet in the midst of this, Chris felt an underlying natural energy was beginning to pool, one that set Chris' hair on end.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  9. #29
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    695
    Alexander was beginning to tire, but found that they couldn't stop. He didn't care if the druid wanted to be rescued by his friend, but he had no intention of letting the blood elf catch up to him. She catches me, it's either a fight to the death or a long, uneventful and probably painful trip back to Quel'Thalas.
    He was about to notify the druid of this when he stopped, his left foot still in midair from his step. He looked down, and a grin spread across his face. He slowly backed up, setting hsi foot down, and turned to Chris. "Hungry?" he murmured, pointing to a nest of raptor eggs with his dagger. The eggs sat, deserted, almost as if they were meant to be taken. He noticed, in the darkness, a few more nests, but some had few eggs, while others had none at all. "Couldn't hurt to take this one."
    Not caring for Chris's reply, he bent down to pick one up, then froze as a hissing noise announced itself somewhere in the trees. He held his breath, noticing large shadows flitting through the trees, and he sat there, his fingers inches away from one of the eggs. "Oh . . . That's trouble."



    Velirra continued to hunt along the beaches upon Emberfire, her sharp vision picking out . . . nothing.
    She was becoming frustrated. I will find this rogue, no matter what I have to do. While I care if Jorn's friend is injured or dying, my sights are set on finding Alex, and I will do so.

  10. #30
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Chris noticed Alex stopping, and instantly he dragged his consciousness back from the natural world. About to ask what on earth the Worgen meant by his question, he was cut off by the sound of hissing. Looking around, his sharp eyesight noticed the shadowy figures moving along between the trees. How in the bloody hell? But, their energies weren't showing up... Quickly pushing his mind back into the natural world, he felt the energies around him, yet the raptors were not clearly visible amongst that on the rest of the jungle. Oh, this is bad... Trying to make as little sound as possible, he whispered to the frozen assassin.
    "They know we are here, obviously. You lead us into the middle of one of their breeding grounds. They will attack us once they have us surrounded. And somehow they have learned to mask their ties to the natural energies in the area." Chris stood there for a moment, considering their options.
    We can not run, they are faster.
    We can not stand and fight, they are too numerous and us hurt.
    I can't focus on their natural energies.
    Somehow, we need to scare them... sound? no, they are too confident... fire? yes, but how... wait... light...

    Chris allowed a hopeful tone to enter his voice as he whispered once again.
    "I hope you have some explosives on you, else you are going to get to do that ripping you were talking about. I have one idea, but I need several moments for it to work."

    Jorn searched through cove after cove, beach after beach. He did not enjoy taking on the form of a hawk for extended periods, and as such his patience was beginning to wear thin. This is getting us no where. Chris! Where is that sign! Your not a complete idiot, I know you left one if you left the beach!
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-09-06 at 03:42 PM.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  11. #31
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    695
    Alexander was equally silent, frozen and paralyzed with a feeling he was unaccustomed to feeling: Fear.
    As soon as the word 'explosives' was mentioned, he slowly reached int his belt and pulled out a small satchel filled with gnomish grenades. He held it out towards Chris, well aware that the raptors were moving swiftly to surround the pair.


    Velirra felt her normally-eterna patience dying. She growled to herself, scanning the same beacheads over and over, yet finding nothing. I'm no druid. If Chris left a sign, it'd be for Jorn and him only. She tugged Emberfire's reins, pulling the dragohawk away from the beaches to face the direction Jorn had flown off to. "Let's see if we can't find Jorn. Maybe he's had more luck than we have."

  12. #32
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Quickly grabbing the explosives, Chris cursed as he realized Alex was actually frozen with fear.
    Damned assassin, all bark and no bite. I don't even know how to use these stupid things. Bloody gnomish technology has never been something I had any intention of using. Bah!
    Chris took a moment to clear his head, wondering how he was going to do this...
    I'll only have one shot... Earth Mother, if your out there, lend me a hand, will ya? Thanks.
    Pooling his natural energies, Chris expanded his spirit outwards, seeking to gather as much natural energy and light as possible. Then, he threw the satchel straight up in the air. Ignoring the raptors, who decided to all charge the two now, Chris concentrated all the energy into a beam, and fired the bolt of natural energy as a moon beam through the bag of explosives. In that split second before the explosion, Chris changed form into a bear once more, and threw himself on top of Alex, knocking the Worgen to the ground under his bear form. Then, all went bright and loud.

    Jorn was starting to get rather angry as he continued back north, almost back where the search had began now. In his impatience and anger, the hawk almost ignored the dark shape on the sand. Almost. He had seen it, but merely overlooked it. Until he realized what it was. Deathbell. That Worgen, he was here!
    Jorn made a beeline to the beach, recognizing the shape of Velirra and her Dragonhawk starting to move in behind her. He landed next to the flower, shifting back to his more comfortable Tauren form, awaiting the huntress and her companion. As they arrived on the beach and Velirra dismounted, Jorn noticed she was looking towards the flower. "Deathbell. Easy to grow, and most wildlife knows to leave it alone. A calling card Chris and I have used, long ago. They must be..."
    At that moment, a loud explosion in the forest deafens the Tauren, interrupting his speech. As soon as he regains his balance, the Tauren looks to where the noise came from. Not wasting a moment, the Tauren took off, quickly changing once more to the form of a large Cheetah, and sprinted off into the jungle.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  13. #33
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    695
    The explosion, which shattered the silence of the night and Jorn's words, caused Velirra to drop into a crouch in caution.
    Alex.
    Immediately, Jorn shapeshifted into a cheetah and ran off in the direction of the explosion. Velirra waved to Emberfire to take to the air and ran after Jorn, drawing energy from his form and taking on a bestial aspect. Her speed of footing increased to match his pace, and her heart beat in a slow, steady rythm as she sprinted beside Jorn. She felt Emberfire's presence above her, comforted by the fact that her lifelong companion was watching their backs from the sky.



    The exploson shocked Alex . . . almost as much as being crushed by a four-hundred something pound bear did.
    The breath was knocked out of him, and he felt feeling return to his limbs as the fear was brushed aside. Along with that sensation, the burning in his chest also returned, as he realized this was the second time a similar thing had happened to him.
    Damn druid, he thought, his attempt at getting it out into words a horrible failiure. He struggled undereath the massive bear, but to no avail. He wondered if Chris's plan would scare the raptors away . . . or attract more.

  14. #34
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    As the aftershock of the earth-shattering explosion recided, Chris felt a dull pain on his backside. Shifting back to his human form as he rolled off Alex, he put a tentative hand on his back. His clothing had singe marks, and his skin ached as if it had been left to chap. Realizing that his bear form would be displaying a bald spot of singed fur and skin for a while, Chris let loose a low moan. Well, at least we are alive. And not seriously injured. The raptors are likely long gone now, and blind with loss of their night vision.
    Looking around, he noticed the raptors had fled from the explosion. Chris let loose a low, cracking laugh.
    "Well... *cough* they weren't... *cough* expecting that. *cough*" Deciding to simply remain there, Chris just sat in place, seeking to allow his hearing and sight to return after the explosion.

    Jorn hardly slowed as his lean frame loped through the jungle. He found what seemed to be a hastily made path, with vines cut in two. Following the trail, Jorn hardly noticed the passing wildlife, startled by the volatile event.

    ((I'm thinking Jorn and Vel, even at their speed, will take about an hour to make up for the large lead Chris and Alex had. Maybe a bit more. Those were some pretty volatile explosives. ))
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  15. #35
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    695
    ((Haha, yeah, those grenades he had were some of the strogest out there. As you can probably tell by now, Alex has a tenacity to come prepared, haha. All bark and no bite... love it. :P))


    Alex moaned as Chris got off him. He rolled onto his back, eyes closed, and rubbed his face wearily. "Will you quit doing that?" he grumbled, sitting up and glancing at the druid. "At this rate, I'll have no bones left for all the other nutty things out there to break."
    He glanced around them, realizing the raptors had fled. "Hmmph," he growled, rolling over to the nest he'd originally planned to take the eggs from, and noticed they were crushed and charred. "You ruined our breakfast, too." He sighed, shaking his head and searching for his dagger. He saw the blade glint in the moonlight, and reached for it, grasping it by the handle and pulling it from its blanket of vegatation. He dusted it off and wiped it on his leg, then sheathed it on his belt. "So . . . what now?"


    Velirra kept her pace up to match Jorn's, breathing steadily and nimbly dodging uprooted vines and larger rocks. All she could think about was that her assassin was within her grasp, and she would soon have him in bonds. She could tell that they'd been moving at a swift pace; their path of choice and method of getting through it hinting at it.
    You're mine, now.

  16. #36
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Chris, now with his senses returned, took a moment to observe the surrounding area after the explosion. Taking in what he could see and feel, Chris shook his head and stood up before turning to Alex.
    "Oh, quit your whining. If I hadn't, your flesh would likely be burned through so you could see your ribs. If you want to stick around, I'm sure you can find a half-cooked raptor or two for your breakfast. I, however, am going to keep moving. Other predators will likely come by to see what caused such a disturbance, and I have no intention of finding my self surrounded again." With that, Chris turned towards the north, and continued his way through the jungle, walking with speed and grace from having traveled the wilds before.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  17. #37
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    695
    Alexander, not realizing Chris had already begun to move, looked around, seriously considering the druid's words. "Huh... raptor meat does sound pretty tasty right no- Hey!" He looked around, then caught sight of Chris's figure moving north, in the shadows of the trees. "The bloody hell?!" He spun around and sprinted after the druid, his stomach growling. When he caught up to Chris, he slowed his pace a bit, then growled to himself. "With any luck, an explosion of that magnitude would have likely scared off anything else that may have been looking for an early-morning breakfast. I don't know about you, but I need to eat... and soon. I feel like I haven't eaten for days, which is likely a cause of the exertion we've gone through in the last couple of hours, as well as the healing process on the shore." He paused as they walked, examining his left forearm, which appeared to be slightly burned. The leather glove had a couple marks on it, but other than that was in good order. "I don't know much about magic, but I suspect that, because of your lack of energy, the spell you cast upon me used some of my energy to make up for what you didn't possess." He quieted as he realized Chris was ignoring him, walking quickly and gracefully through the jungle. His attention seemed focused elsewhere, so Alex found himself with nothing more to do than simply follow the druid in silence, though he burned with impatience and hunger.

  18. #38
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Chris continued on, ignoring for the most part Alex's complaints. After they had made he had traveled about a mile from the raptors breeding grounds, he slowed down and began to allow himself some time for thought. He is right about the energy, though. But he doesn't know I've been slowly recovering my own energy from tapping into nature. Even so, a starving Worgen is not the type of companion I wish to keep...
    Chris began to look around, searching for something amongst the foliage. Several minutes later, Chris found what he was looking for, and smiled.
    "If your that hungry, try one of these." Chris reached his hand into a small tree, and withdrew from it a small yellowish-green fruit. He tossed it to Alex before continuing onwards in his trek. Noticing the other Worgen wasn't eating, he stopped next to another tree he had spotted after grabbing the fruit for Alex.
    "It's not poisonous, if that's what your worried about. I just prefer these." Chris slammed his fist into the trunk of the tree next to him, letting looks a loud, deep booming sound. The whole tree seemed to rattle slightly, and suddenly there was a new sound. That of a mass of objects passing through the leafy canopy. Looking up, the Worgen could both see a multitude of yellowish-orange balls falling from the sky right on top of them. Chris pressed himself against the trees trunk to avoid being hit in the downfall, and then reached out a hand to grab the first fruit that fell nearby.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  19. #39
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    695
    Alex caught the fruit effortlessly and glared at it with contempt. He sniffed it cautiously, then snarled to himself, taking a bite. It was sweet - much to his surprise - but not quite what he was searching for. Nevertheless, the rogue wolfed it down with the speed of a starved mountain lion, catching three more from Chris's tree. Those disappeared, too, and he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.
    "Hmmph," he said, burping loudly. He looked up and shielded his eyes with his hand, noticing the sun was starting to rise over the seas. "I'd have preferred something a little more relevant to meat, but... hey, it's food." He bent down to retrieve another one, and scarfed it back quickly. "So, what's your plan, then?"

  20. #40
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    Chris smiled as he slowly ate his fruit, enjoying the tropical flavor an the juiciness of it. As he gathered a few more up, he considered what to do. His idea had been to mainly get away from where the predators were most likely to be. But now with the sun coming up, such dangers were greatly reduced. After eating a few more of his fruits, he had made up his mind.
    "I would continue north. It's nearly impossible to tell where we are exactly in this jungle, but going north should take us to to river. Not only is it a great guide, but also the closest source to fresh water this area has. Outside of the juices of these fruit, that is. And that beats wandering around, hoping to run into a trail or friendlies. More likely we would find either troll, or Horde, and I doubt either would hesitate to attack us on sight." Chris then picked up several more of the brightly colored fruits, placing them into various folds and pouches along his leather clothing. As he was satisfied with his gathering, he turned once more north, and added, almost as an after thought. "Also, animals are more likely to be found near the water. And many of the beasts around here would make for a quite delicious meal."
    Then, he was off again, making his way through the jungle, taking care not to disturb it or leave any trail.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •