Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    hmm, neat - i'll have to check that out.

Is dream of cenarius affecting wild mushroom bloom? if yes then shrooms might became a nice sourse of burst healing sometimes.

Does dream of cenarius have a cd? or every time i cast wrath or healing spell i will gain the buff?
    and i have a question about how it works. As healer for example i always cast heals that this talent require does this mean that i will always have the increase damage buff for moonfire? and if i cast wrath will i gain also the buff for my next healing spell while i have the moonfire buff on?

Quote Originally Posted by ELEDIN View Post
    Is dream of cenarius affecting wild mushroom bloom? if yes then shrooms might became a nice sourse of burst healing sometimes.

Does dream of cenarius have a cd? or every time i cast wrath or healing spell i will gain the buff?
    and i have a question about how it works. As healer for example i always cast heals that this talent require does this mean that i will always have the increase damage buff for moonfire? and if i cast wrath will i gain also the buff for my next healing spell while i have the moonfire buff on?

There's no CD on Dream of Cenarius. Each time that you cast a wrath for example, you refresh the buff (it lasts 30sec if I recall correctly). And yes, you pretty much always have the dmg buff increase for moonfire (you get 2 stacks, so 2 buffed moonfire) per direct heal (nourish,regrowth,healtouch).

Deleted
    Nice guide thx mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    Some other points in your guide:
    1. There's a better off-hand Inscribed Red Fan
    2. There's a better trinket Price of Progress

There's also a mistake in Symbiosis section. Holy and Disc priests get Cyclone, not Roots.
    Thanks for continuing to give feedback. Those are mentioning the link I shared that has a complete compilation of gear, but those make it difficult to reach the haste caps, which was the purpose of the specific list I gave.

Quote Originally Posted by Zens View Post
    I have a question on the Tier 1 Talents. I have read at other places that "Displacer Beast" is kind of bad. Well to me it actually looks as the most appealing one. If bound to macro to cancel the prowl aura It is basically a Blink and a 25% runspeed (from cat). On most situations I do not need to run permanently (so no Feline swiftness needed) or displace every 15 seconds. Typically I just need to move out of some stuff or get fast to some area. The nice thing is that I do not need a target at my desired position (which I dislike about Wild Charge). Well, I will be in cat form, but using vudho the first spell I use will automatically cancel cat form and 30 second cool down as compared to 15s does not seem too bad considering I do not need a target. Further if I would need in a boss fight so often I would probably directly go for Feline Swiftness anyway. Just my thoughts about it, let me know what you think.
    I think you have good, valid ideas. Many people who are considering it such a bad talent are thinking in terms of PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Which spec are you considering this for? Because cat form does not have a baseline speed increase for resto or boomkin, only for feral (and possibly guardian - not sure) At least not in my experience thus far.

The only speed boost I have is 8% to boots.
    Armory: Fumsy

Deleted
    An error You have not mentined Glyph of Blooming

Glyph of Blooming is not good for PVE; it's designed for PVP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumsy View Post
    Glyph of Blooming is not good for PVE; it's designed for PVP.
    Designed for PvP yeah Not good in PvE no there is some situations where it's really good.

Would you mind giving some examples?

I was going to test it with tank healing. Specifically because of this situation:

SotF is a significant buff for LB, and if you were tank healing I would be using that talent. BUT, direct heals refresh LB and remove the 50% haste buff. With glyph of bloom you you can be free to cast direct heals and retain the 50% LB buff.

Though, I might add rejuv lines up better with SotF (if you are not clipping LB), but I am not certain on the math of which is superior.

Edit: I did the rough math with MoP log numbers at it looks like buffing LB would be about a 500 HPS increase and 14000 overall HPC boost versus using it on rejuv. It takes LB from 17 ticks to 26 ticks (at 3352 haste raid buffed) and rejuv from 5 to 7 ticks. Though the HPC would likely be very close if you clip LB to keep SotF/LB always up.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 01:03 AM ----------

In lieu of my post I noticed your spreadsheet for SotF needs to be updated with the new base ticks of LB @ 15.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 01:21 AM ----------

Under professions, it should be noted that JC can also add 320 secondary stats in addition to primary. This may be important early with spirit or later with haste BPs.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 01:34 AM ----------

Also, your pre-raid gear for the 6652 beak-point leaves me asking how much testing you have done on the beta? My healing core (25s) is at ~10,000 spirit and still looking for more, especially longer fights. I personally am at 10,200 and the 3042 BP.

Don't you think it is a bit hasty to proclaim:
    If you are having mana problems using this gear, you probably need to reassess your healing efficiency.
    Can you seriously tell me you are able to GCD cap on rejuv for significant periods and have tested all the beta encounters, including 25s?

I am personally stacking spirit and sticking with the 3042 BP, experience and testing tells tell me that an extra tick of WG/Efflo is completely overshadowed if you are limiting your rejuvenations. I have yet to find an HC encounter (even normal) on MoP where I did not wish I could cast more rejuvenations.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-09-02 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    Would you mind giving some examples?
    Blooming on healing debuffs on spine is a strong example.
    Dungeons is also a very good example.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-09-02 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks for continuing to give feedback. Those are mentioning the link I shared that has a complete compilation of gear, but those make it difficult to reach the haste caps, which was the purpose of the specific list I gave.
    That trinket is insane on beta at the moment, might be better than most heroic raid trinkets, because of the proc. Just switch that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    I am personally stacking spirit and sticking with the 3042 BP, experience and testing tells tell me that and extra tick of WG/Efflo BP is completely overshadowed if you are limiting your rejuvenations. I have yet to find a HC encounter (even normal) on MoP where I did not wish I could cast more rejuvenations.
    I will be going for this myself as well. There's completely no point in going for WG/SM soft caps, if you drop your spirit to 7k or even lower. You will not be able to heal any heroic encounter that was tested on beta except maybe Garajal and Stone Guard due to their mechanics.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

[Edit] I feel it's high time I remove this post and reduce the load on this thread. Gl all. The reformatted guide is still available elsewhere if needed, but I suspect that it won't be.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2012-09-08 at 01:31 PM.

at_Keiyra

If I remember correctly I saw it when speced resto, the cat form buff also states an enhanced movement speed, but I need to check it again to be sure.

Cat form is baseline 135% speed. It isn't affected by speed boost from meta gem, boots enchant or the feline swiftness.
    However, Travel form is affected by feline swiftness, it makes it 174% which is close to a mount speed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Blooming on healing debuffs on spine is a strong example.
    Dungeons is also a very good example.
    if spine debuff stay so long that you can put 3 lf and let them bloom then you have bad healer in your raid (for 10 player, with 25 don't even think about it)

Deleted
    Swiftmend:......... This periodic effect now also benefits from spell haste, but the individual ticks cannot be critical effects. It's a smart heal that heals a ton more then old SM and heals the lowest targets 1st. If there are only 2, all that healing goes to 2. If more, it heals up to 3 at a time but if 25 are in it every tick goes to the lowest person. If just the tank, it's still a great spell.
    I would like to correct you regarding the indvidual ticks of Efflorescence(after the patch this part is also called swiftmend) that these ticks now is also able to crit.

Other than that I would like to say that I'm very pleased with this guide and the effort you put into making this! :>

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the set dropped into the WoWHead Profiler. It currently does not support the MoP version of gems.
    Why would anyone gem pure haste gems :/? i really doubt its worth it.
    Last edited by ebah; 2012-09-03 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    Why would anyone gem pure haste gems :/? i really doubt its worth it.
    i agree with you, maybe gem to 3050 , but to 6k seems too much on pre raid oO

On beta im with around 8k spirit ( non trinket procs) and im with low mana almost all the time ( okay its rind finder ppl heal bad and etc) but it seems near 10k will be much more confortable , did not test these wg breakpoints tho , maybe the hps increase save us some mana but i dont think it worth pre raid wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    I will be going for this myself as well. There's completely no point in going for WG/SM soft caps, if you drop your spirit to 7k or even lower. You will not be able to heal any heroic encounter that was tested on beta except maybe Garajal and Stone Guard due to their mechanics.
    Me too. Especially since we now have other ways of boosting WG if absolutely necessary (than simply adding a tick as we did in the past) from SotF and Dream of Cenarius. On a fight like Garalon, you could probably have a buffed WG for every stomp with DoC (without getting into whether it's actually the best talent in that tier for the encounter).

I will be attempting to maximize my RJ usage and from what I can see, high spirit seems necessary to do so.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-09-05 at 01:30 PM.