Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Satrina Buff Frames Replacement?

As much as I love this mod, now that 5.0.4 is out it's getting a bit long in the tooth and causing a bunch of LUA errors. Since I doubt it's going to get updated anytime soon, I need to find a replacement. Ideally I'd like it to work in a similar manner to SBF. Any suggestions?
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

as mentioned in the elkano thread, raven is a very good replacement with a lot of customization, I've been using it myself for quite a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use CT_Buffmod

http://www.ctmod.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    yep seems to be working

Thanks for the update. SBF still gives loads of LUA errors but it's calmed down a bit at least. Unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem that SBF isn't being worked on, it's just being kept alive on life-support.

I tried Raven but it's just not comparable to SBF. Thanks anyway.
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Raven works quite fine, although its not quite the same layout options as Satrinas.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The CT Buff Mod previously listed and Elkanos are up and working, looooove them.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Thanks for the update. SBF still gives loads of LUA errors but it's calmed down a bit at least. Unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem that SBF isn't being worked on, it's just being kept alive on life-support.

I was thinking the same but so far i have found Raven quite good. The configuration side of SBF was easier to use but Raven is quite powerful. In fact i got a target debuffs icon frame set up in minutes! Something that never seemed to work with SBF.
    Don't let the dated config screens put you off trying Raven

Raven is very easy to configure, best so far.

Have you taken a look at Aura Frames? not sure if its what you are looking for but i figured id suggest it

i like icon buffs and debuffs...i used Bison for a long time then moved to SBF and when that stopped working in the start of Cata( i think?) i moved over to Aura Frames and havent looked back

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post

Having used SBF for years, I can tell you that Raven does everything SBF did and more. It is a far superior addon and I am glad someone elsewhere suggested it. I was tired of fixing SBFs LUA every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    I use CT_Buffmod

http://www.ctmod.net/
    CT Mods still exist? Oh lord..
    oh, honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know the entire story, but someone told me that CT Mod is actually made by one of the (or at one time) actual Blizzard developers. It's quality source. Their mapmod has been my favorite for as long as it's existed.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    replace GetNumPartyMembers() with GetNumGroupMembers() in the .lua

and it will work
    Last edited by S7orm; 2012-08-31 at 09:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing with some CTmod addons since classic, I can especially recommend their mailmod, one-botton empty mailbox. Couldn't live without.

Quote Originally Posted by Keju View Post
    I don't know the entire story, but someone told me that CT Mod is actually made by one of the (or at one time) actual Blizzard developers. It's quality source. Their mapmod has been my favorite for as long as it's existed.
    That would explain why it exist since vanilla, haha.
    oh, honey.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    Been playing with some CTmod addons since classic, I can especially recommend their mailmod, one-botton empty mailbox. Couldn't live without.
    all mail addons have an "open all" option, postal also print the total gold collected when you close the inbox and print the item + buyer on every collect
    Last edited by S7orm; 2012-08-31 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    I've moved to Raven and it works very well.

Can CT Buff Mod create specific frames/locations for individual buffs/debuffs (by name, spell id, whatever) as SBF can?
    I use some other CT mods (most notably bar mod... old habits are hard to break), but can't see any option for this in CT Buff.
    If not... is Raven the answer? SBF did everything I ever wanted and more... and I'm really struggling to find a decent replacement (or preferably, update).