Orc Mages and spell hit

Hi all,

First off, I'm an orc mage. I was reforging post patch 5.04. down to 15% hit, and noticed that I was only needing 14% from gear to cap! I took off all of my gear and all of my buffs and low and behold, I had a 1% hit chance by default. This seemed really odd to me.

I looked for something to explain this, and saw that I have the racial Axe specialization, which gives 1% expertise to fist weapons, 1h, and 2h axes. I know that expertise now also counts as spell hit for classes. Could it be that we get this 1% even if we don't have an axe/fist weapon equipped?
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

Wands are counting as one of those weapon types

Deleted
    Perhaps they made a mistake and gave it to Orcs instead of Trolls ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are in fact a species of Draenei!!!!