Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarx View Post
    Uhhhhhh, what abilities does everyone use differently in shadow dance compared to stealth........ Ambush, sap, cheap shot, garrote, evis, snd, recup, shstep, focus macros. Both bars are exactly the same, when you really think about it.
    Please note that this is a thread from when the two bars were merged in 5.0. The first page should provide plenty of explanation as to why you might have different bars (why would you have evis on your stealth-non-ShD bar?).

@ All: This thread is from August, when 5.0 merged the stealth and shadowdance bars. Please note that MOST posts you may try to respond to, have posters who probably don't remember posting it. Since the issue is still current, if you need to discuss how to align abilities differently for dance/stealth, go ahead.

The following is a response to a 3-month old question, but it's still current as content goes, so we can run with it:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    /cast [stealth] cheap shot

/cast [nostealth] kidney shot

first one's for when you're stealthed, second one when you're not stealthed.

I don't understand why people use the different action bars. Even on feral or pre-MoP warrior, I use bar 2 and stance-contextual macros. That way I know what everything does always.

Well, there's several reasons.

First is the fact that the default UI mostly insists on it. So if you are left addonless, you are exceptionally crippled (or if your barmod dies for some reason).
    Second is the fact that it's a lot of macros for functionality that we shouldn't be that hurt on. The following things are all stealth/dance only and take a button:

Cheap Shot
    Ambush (smooth replacement over backstab for sub, its own thing for others)
    Garrote
    Sap
    Premeditate
    Pick Pocket

That's four macros in a tight macrospace that the bars offers you for mostly free, with some extra drama if you want premed manually (and optimally you do).

Third is the fact that such an approach SHOULD work. It should be fine to do this.

My current dark secret is that I can't hemo in dance. This rarely matters- a good dance isn't versus an opponent who is skipping merrily away, but versus one who is silenced or stunned. But there are the times when I want it. And I'm not really sure how to fix it without throwing everything against the wall and putting it back together. I use a context sensitive macro in that the button I normally use for evasion when unstealthed is, during dance/stealth, a macro- it's evasion during dance, and pick pocket during stealth. Obviously evasion out of stealth is dumb, but equally obviously pick pocket is of no use in pvp at all, so the macro lets me not have to change a bunch of stuff every time it is time to arena.