Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Shadow dance bar is now stealth bar?

I was watching a stream(EU player) and apparantly Blizzard removed the old shadow dance bar and made the stealth bar the dance bar and the stealth bar. If you dance you get the stealth bar.

What this means is that we'll have to have Kidney shot on our stealth bar, or on our upper bar, same with other spells.

Can anyone confirm that It's actually like this?

If it really is like this, does anyone have any idea about why Blizzard would do this? I don't see any reason why this would happen. Take away an entire bar? When we already have all the bars stacked?

READ POST 41 BEFORE POSTING. -Muga
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-01-05 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently warriors bars no longer switch when they change stances either. totally not cool. I guess im going back to bartender to do this for me.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

SD bar has always been the stealth bar for a long time now......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallschick View Post
    No, dance bar is not the stealth bar. They were separate, but appearantly not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fallschick View Post
    yeah definitely not, seeing as I was just working on my dance bar the other day.

15+ Year Old Account
    ShD bar is definitely now the stealth bar...I'm using it in-game right now. It's making things a little confusing as my stealth bar was not the same config as my ShD bar. I thought that they might have done it to reduced the barlag somehow, but with the testing I just did on the dummy it's still very possible to get barlag when switching to the stealth bar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    ShD bar is definitely now the stealth bar...I'm using it in-game right now. It's making things a little confusing as my stealth bar was not the same config as my ShD bar. I thought that they might have done it to reduced the barlag somehow, but with the testing I just did on the dummy it's still very possible to get barlag when switching to the stealth bar.
    There is bar lag with both stealth bar and shadow dance bar. If you want to avoid bar lag put ambush/andsoon on upper bar.

There is no logic behind removing our dance bar. It's a huge nerf and a pain in the ass. Every rogue in the World of Warcraft has to redo his binds, and serious pvp rogues will have to make redicilous macros to get enough space, or download a baraddon that lets you keybind the new bars.

There is bar lag with both stealth bar and shadow dance bar. If you want to avoid bar lag put ambush/andsoon on upper bar
    tested and confirmed this has to be a bug must be fixed it really is a nerf otherwise
    Of course they did touch the class, a lot, in awkward places. But they basically denied it.

New bar system is completely different from what it was before.

Pre-5.0.4 the main action bar was paged and every stance/stealth/druidform had its own page for the skills - it triggered when you switched stance; stealòth and shadow dance page were the same.

Now in 5.0.4 the are no more pages - it's more like the main action bar is a combo of macros that changes every button depending on stance. Still stealth and shadow dance are treated as the same "stance" for this purpose.

As a side note, when you enter a pet battle or get int a vehicle, you get a dedicated actionbar for that while others hide - it's highly recommended to update your action bar addon if you have any.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

i haven't tried my sub. rogue yet but that that is definately a pain since my bars SD and stealth bars are configured different

hopefully they will way to still allow us a different bar at least for SD
    Last edited by s810; 2012-08-29 at 11:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a disaster. I can't believe they did this. They have fucked us over big time with removing the shadow dance bar, and for what?
    Last edited by Imbashiethz; 2012-08-30 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    This is a disaster. I can't believe they did this. They have fucked us over big time with removing the shadow dance bar, and for what?
    I don't really see how this is screwing you over when it all it takes to fix the issue is to macro in what you what to occur during dance or if you do not use keybinds just place what you want to use while dancing on another bar. The sky is not falling and this is not a slap in the face to the class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I don't really see how this is screwing you over when it all it takes to fix the issue is to macro in what you what to occur during dance or if you do not use keybinds just place what you want to use while dancing on another bar. The sky is not falling and this is not a slap in the face to the class.
    Unessecery and a change they never said anything about. Every rogue in the game has to remake their binds. An entire bar is gone.

Wut? Ever since Shadow Dance was implemented, I had heard almost nothing but complaints about Shadow Dance having it's own bar. Now it's the stealth bar, and people are complaining.

Holy fucking Jesus Christ on a flaming llama, Blizzard just can't win. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Wut? Ever since Shadow Dance was implemented, I had heard almost nothing but complaints about Shadow Dance having it's own bar. Now it's the stealth bar, and people are complaining.

Holy fucking Jesus Christ on a flaming llama, Blizzard just can't win. Ever.
    They fixed a horrible mistake by committing a worse mistake... Which is absolutely retarded, frankly.

The problem with the Shadow Dance bar wasn't... Well, that it had its own bar. It was the fact that that bar was untouchable...! To put skills on it, you had to use Shadow Dance, THROW AS MUCH STUFF ON IT AS POSSIBLE IN 6 SECONDS, wait for the cooldown to reset, do everything again.........

Incredibly horrible and roundabout way to do things. Now, if it was possible to somehow access this bar OUTSIDE of Shadow Dance, everyone would be happy.

But no! Instead, they simply remove it. I'm sure "it demanded currently unavailable tech" to do things the proper way... Or whatever other half-assed excuse they'll throw at us.

I really dont get people that actually have a problem with this change. If you dont want KS on your stealth bar shocking news, you dont need it on your stealth bar! Put it on another bar and keybind it! Crazy I know, but it works!

My shadow dance bar has always been my stealth bar? At least, i think it has been.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Apparently warriors bars no longer switch when they change stances either. totally not cool. I guess im going back to bartender to do this for me.
    That is the case, and I must say, I'm not a fan of it.

Yeah... there's a lot of things I need on my shadow dance bar (eviscerate, kidney shot, kick, etc) that I would never use in stealth and a lot of things on my stealth bar (distract, three different sap macros, and now shroud of concealment, shadow walk) that I would never use in shadow dance.

Now I don't have enough room for both sets without horribly awkward keybinds. Blargh.
    Last edited by kindath; 2012-08-30 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    I hadn't any problem whatsoever with new bars - hell i didn't had even moved buttons.

Imho it's an adon problem or a bad button configuration.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.