Korea Players to get MF and XP Bonuses at PC Bangs, Monks Stunlock Inferno Diablo, Meet Svetlana Quindt, Community Thoughts on the Paragon System
Battle of Theramore: One Week at Level 85 and Patch 5.0.4 Class Guides / WoWDB Addon
Mists of Pandaria Digital Deluxe Mount and Pet Released
If you bought the Digital Deluxe version of Mists of Pandaria you should receive your mount, pet, and achievements when logging in after Patch 5.0.4.
There are few more interviews from Gamescom that have some interesting bits of information. If you want to read the entire interview, check out Millenium and Judgehype.
- The Sha of Anger respawns every two hours and will drop PvP and PvE gear, similar to Tol Barad bosses. You should be able to do this boss once a week.
- Salyis's Warband will only respawn once every four to five days and drop items you can't find anywhere else such as mounts and pets.
- Proving Grounds (solo instances to try out new specs, train yourself and earn achievements) are not forgotten, just something that has to be done right. There is no specific announcement date yet, but it is something they might come back to after Mists of Pandaria is released.
- Playing with lower level friends is something that would still be nice to do, and part of the tech needed was added with challenge modes. This is not a high priority for the moment, so there is no specific announcement to be made about it.
- The goal for Mists of Pandaria is to deliver the next major content patch right as players are finishing up the first one. They should be spaced out more evenly with a shorter time between patches, maybe even a little more content than in previous expansion patches.
- There are no current plans for a system of veteran's rewards for older players.
- Mists of Pandaria won't be bringing back any old bosses.
- There won't be any server merges, as cross-realm zone technology will be applied to the problem.
- The legendary questline will start in Patch 5.0 with Wrathion who traveled to Pandaria. After completing the questlines, you will be rewarded with a powerful gem that will let you upgrade specific items dropped from raid bosses. The questline will not finish here and will continue with Patch 5.1, after the Horde and Alliance really settle in Pandaria. The questline available after the release of Mists of Pandaria will end with a cliffhanger.
- PvP/Arena spectator mode is a functionality that developers would like to add but no real plan for now.
- Pet Battles could be available on mobile platforms one day. Blizzard thought about it but developers are currently focusing on the extension for PC and Mac. We will have to wait to know more.
Patch 5.0.4 Class Guides
There were a lot of class changes in Patch 5.0.4 and Icy Vein's class guides are a good place to start catching up.
These guides give a more in depth overview of the changes and new status of each class than the some of the guides in our Patch 5.0.4 preview, so they are worth a look if you already read some guides yesterday!
Known Issue: Master Looter in Raids
Account-wide Mounts, Pets, and Achievements
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Guild Wars 2 Hits 400,000 Concurrent Users and First Level 80
Guild Wars 2 was released on the 28th, but before release time even rolled around the game hit the 400,000 concurrent users mark from just the people with early access! More than one million copies were pre-ordered, giving the game a successful start.
We also recently saw the first Level 80 character, Surfeuze! GW2Guru has an interview with him talking about how he accomplished this speedy leveling.
If you want more frequent updates, check out GW2Guru or find some other players to play with in our Guild Wars 2 forum. If you are looking for maps or anything else that can be found in a database, check out GW2DB!
World of Warcraft Exclusive Look (2001)
SamuraiSmurfette provided us with scans of one of the earlier looks at World of Warcraft from a 2001 edition of Computer Gaming World. Enjoy a look back almost 11 years ago at what WoW was planned to be during the earlier stages of development. If you are interested in the rest of that issue, or any others, you can find them over at Computer Gaming World Museum.