Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    400k before release, 1million preorders so far. 1.4 million at an absolute minimum is the current number, its safe to say

the 400k is including preorders. Honestly the numbers feel weak. Yes 400k at the same time but the game is NEW and just came out. I expected atleast 1m.

10+ Year Old Account
    That mount is ridiculously huge for a blood elf, imagine it on a tauren lol.

The old article on pre-release WoW had 1 thing that caught my attention: ritual magic: a large spell would require multiple casters to get together (they gave example of a portal to travel). I don't know Vanilla, did they ever introduce that? Would be so cool . But I guess it won't be happening.
    The old doomguard spell took 5 people to summon, and 1 would die. Then you had a rampaging doomguard running amok until you enslaved it.

Other than that only ritual of summoning is close i suppose, requiring 3 people total.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Lol all this hype got only 400k players ?! Anyway I hope they fix 5.0.4 bugs before the patch hits EU servers.
    CONCURRENT users. They sold over a million Pre-Purchases.

That.... is one ugly mount....

GW2 again on the front page not sure what to say : /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    the 400k is including preorders. Honestly the numbers feel weak. Yes 400k at the same time but the game is NEW and just came out. I expected atleast 1m.
    Isn't that just the guys who paid to play the game 3 days early?

400,000 is still very weak imho i was expecting 2 million atleast with all the HYPE it had.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Why are so many people mad about Guild Wars 2's success?

It's funny that when you go around everywhere, you see comments of people trying to take jabs at it or downplay its success. I don't even play the game but am so glad that it is blowing away all expectations when it comes to the numbers. Go ArenaNet!
    NO offense dude but how hyped it gotten should have been atleast a million or 2 400,000 is weak today

Quote Originally Posted by Swirling Black Lilly View Post
    The old article on pre-release WoW had 1 thing that caught my attention: ritual magic: a large spell would require multiple casters to get together (they gave example of a portal to travel). I don't know Vanilla, did they ever introduce that? Would be so cool . But I guess it won't be happening.
    They did. Mage portals and tables, warlock summoning.

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    400,000 is still very weak imho i was expecting 2 million atleast with all the HYPE it had.[COLOR="red"]
    You're either trolling, or have no idea what you are talking about. 2 million CONCURRENT users? World of Warcraft has roughly 800.000 concurrent users at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever there is explosions, you'll find me there!
    I actually still have that magazine.

Deleted
    People doesn't seem to know what "concurrent" means.

ArenaNet and NCsoft have also announced that over one million copies of the game were pre-sold, not counting the one-day pre-orders. Of course, that number will rise as folks purchase the game now that it has launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    Oh man that time capsule from 2001... how far WoW has come since then.
    Right, because the Orc, Human, and Tauren models look so different 11 years later...

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Any americans who can tell me wether or not you actually get RBG titles on alts too?
    No. I'd post a screenshot for proof, but I don't post here often enough to do so apparently. I checked several of my alts, including both Horde and Alliance, and none of them could use the RBG titles except the toon that earned them. But Realm First! titles were shared, including Death's Demise and The Celestial Defender; even my Horde could use them (they were earned on an Alliance toon).

Deleted
    No server merges because "x-realm zones will fix it?"
    What a fucking surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    GW2 again on the front page not sure what to say : /
    MMO news on the front page of MMO-Champion. Is there something im missing...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really cool read, thanks.

That blizzards no no list made me lol.

Anyone else see on the map image they already have places like tol bard and what ever kal tiras was going to be.
    Last edited by furydeath; 2012-08-29 at 03:21 PM.

Hahah So great looking through the old CGW/2001:

Duke Nukem Forever: January 2002..
    EQ: Shadows of Luclin: ... 2001
    Masters of Orion3: 2002
    WC3: 2002
    WoW: Eventually (funny that this was before they trade-marked "Soon")
    BOY do I wish I could go back to those years. So much I would have changed... SO much I would have done differently.
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebilawikkah View Post
    Right, because the Orc, Human, and Tauren models look so different 11 years later...
    Troll... unless you're just some kid looking for attention, you can clearly see, unless you're blind too, that ALL the models have changed a lot. Mind you that there is a difference between models and skeletons. Skeletons have not changed significantly in the past 7, maybe 11 years, but the resolution for the model skins has improved a lot for all races. Second, the female human model is completely different from what I can see in that article.

The more important thing to see here aren't the graphics, but just the overall change the game has endured. The little amount of Vanilla I played 6 years ago is really hard to recall seeing as how I played an average of 5 hours a week and didn't really immerse myself in the game until much later in Burning Crusade, but this article has only made good memories crawl back to me about how unique the game was compared to a lot of the other games around for its time. It also made me think about why people always end up coming back to WoW after crashing and burning from their hyped up other MMO. People may end up just recalling this memory and linking it to every expansion, maybe every patch that Blizzard releases and wants to challenge Blizzard to see how long they can hold their interest based on how unique and exciting the new content is. The reason some people get disappointed with newer content is that they keep comparing it to a standard of uniqueness they had for it in 2004, but in reality its really hard to achieve the amount of unique qualities that came with the game when it was very first released. Just look at the dates in the article here: 2001 and from the article you can see some of the screenshots of the world already which means for the next 3 years Blizzard had worked very hard to bring you the outstanding game that it was in 2004. They have continued working this hard on newer content but they were given far shorter time frames to work within. How do you think the game would measure up today if they put the amount of work and time into each and every patch and expansion that they did with the release of the game, granted that we might only be as far as Wrath of the Lich King today?

15+ Year Old Account
    what i thought was interesting was the page that said "two humans and an orc standing around goldshire looking cool." like the original idea was to be able to get rep between alliance and horde and team up.