Page 1 of 3
LastLast

75-80? How did you do it?

How did you do it? I got most of the 70-80 zone done with hearts and now I'm left with the two zones near Orr which I dont think has any hearts at all and not sure if the DE's there are soloable. Also I haven't leveled crafting and want to hit 80 first.

10+ Year Old Account
    80 first has already happened and you should do crafting to lvl from 60-80

Not world first 80 lol.. Hit 80 first and then do crafting second.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it why people rush to max level. I mean, what's so fun being max level and then having to wait for other people to get there too?

Because I want to. I want to hit max level and reexplore zones and work on getting skill points for legendary and dungeons and wvw. It's how I choose to play. The world doesn't disappear at 80. I can go anywhere.
    Last edited by Kevie; 2012-08-29 at 07:31 AM.

Not sure why you want to wait until 80 to level crafting, it will give you a good amount of levels.

Deleted
    No lifer found , seriously dude take a chill pill ...

People enjoy the game differently, please don't insult others. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-29 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    No need for the hostility. If someone wants to play the game in a way that's different to you, that's all right.

Acceptance, man.

Deleted
    go WvW and level there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    I don't get it why people rush to max level. I mean, what's so fun being max level and then having to wait for other people to get there too?
    Because for some people that is where the fun is. The competition to be the world/server first. Why do you PvE or PvP? It's the same question.

I don't get why so many people just replied to hate on the way I want to play the game instead of answering what I asked. Thank you those who did. Why is it such a big deal I want to hit 80 and then do the stuff you guys are doing now + more?

I just got server first on Dragonbrand. Leveled 70-80 with cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevie View Post
    How did you do it? I got most of the 70-80 zone done with hearts and now I'm left with the two zones near Orr which I dont think has any hearts at all and not sure if the DE's there are soloable. Also I haven't leveled crafting and want to hit 80 first.
    In GW2 the best approach is actually a multi-facet approach. You hit DE, WvW, craft, dungeons, personal story and work on map completions. Usually at the end of the map I sit down and craft for 20 minutes with all the mats I've collected during that time and gain an extra 2 levels per zone. Right now I'm 10 levels ahead of the zones I am in so I'm pretty sure by the time I'm in the 70-80 zones I will already be 80.

You may have to go back and hit DE's or WvWvW... or worse yet farm for mats and craft... That sucks but I think that is all you can do.

Does crafting scale with leveling? Like if I started it at 75 right now would I get more exp then I would if I started it at lvl 1?

SO basically there's no PvE content (hearts) after 70,75? :/
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-08-29 at 09:00 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does crafting scale with leveling? Like if I started it at 75 right now would I get more exp then I would if I started it at lvl 1?
    The same, constantly. IF you want, go back to the noob area 1-15, farming base mats. Guess, you will grow from 70 to 80 in the same way if you was a level 1, growing to 10 level more.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-08-29 at 09:32 AM.

Wait.. I don't understand. The first part of your post sounds like your saying I will only get say 125xp per craft but then you say I'd lvl as fast as if i was going from lvl 1 to 10. Which is a lot quicker then 70-80.

Basically if I went and picked up cooking would I

a) only get like 125xp per craft?

or

b) like 1000 or whatever the lvl 70 equivalent of 125xp is
    Last edited by Kevie; 2012-08-29 at 09:38 AM.

Are you special or something? Haven't you learnt by now that not only does a gamer have a life he has many!

Deleted
    Its his choice, learn to accept others like to rush to the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait.. I don't understand. The first part of your post sounds like your saying I will only get say 125xp per craft but then you say I'd lvl as fast as if i was going from lvl 1 to 10. Which is a lot quicker then 70-80.
    You have always the same amount of exp, for every level. If you're 70 and you want to start to craft, just go back to the noob area. Farming, and crafting, will make you hit 80, with the same amount of time like when you was 1, growing to 10.. Say thanks to the downleveled system. Some use this trick to make his life more easy hitting 80.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-08-29 at 09:40 AM.