Cross-Zone phase broken?

So I was just playing on my main and realized that goldshire is cross realm zone and I found out it has my friends server.

We were dueling and laughing and then they phased out.. and now I dont see anyone from any realms. And no matter what I do I cannot see them again.

This happening anywhere else? it was so fun while it lasted q_q

Deleted
    They already implemented cross-realm zones? o_O is that the beta or live?

Deleted
    They implemented it on some servers. They will add more as they fix things.

It was Azuremyst - Hydraxis - Kalistroz or something - Ysera

You can also enter a friends phase server by getting invited to the party. But for some strange reason it stopped working.

Could be a stability issue or something. I don't expect it to work flawlessly for at least a week, most likely more. It's a pretty significant system, and rather new too. There'll be some ironing to do still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Could be a stability issue or something. I don't expect it to work flawlessly for at least a week, most likely more. It's a pretty significant system, and rather new too. There'll be some ironing to do still.
    Aye, it would be good to wait a few weeks before coming to any conclusions. After a while it will be know how it all actually performs, and why it performs as it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I heard it, cross realm zones are designed to fill up zones that are underpopulated. When players from the same realm start showing up, the other players go away.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    As I heard it, cross realm zones are designed to fill up zones that are underpopulated. When players from the same realm start showing up, the other players go away.
    But they also said that they will manually decide which zone gets phased with other realms and which doesn't. I understood that as no automatic shifting, but that there is a guy who flips the switch after they get internal feedback about the zone population. Ofcourse, I could've misunderstood it completely.

Is there any way to find out which zones this is turned on for right now?
    Last edited by Sylla; 2012-08-29 at 08:15 AM.

Cross Realm Zones are still new, do they are going to be a bit buggy. I got together with a friend from another server by flying out to Durotar, and it worked, but then later on while flying them on as my Sandstone Drake, we both crashed. After that the cross-realm server said it was down, so figured it's still working itself out.