1. #1

    WoW Optimization problem?

    Hi,

    So my optimizer has been running for 35 minutes now, and its still on 0%, I know it says under normal circumstances it can take up to 60 minutes, but I know it will take longer for mine as the location where I live, but I'd still expect to have atleast 1% done by now,

    Do I just need to wait longer or is there a problem with it?

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Mine's taking extremely long, been 5 - 10 Minutes and only at 2%.

  3. #3
    wait. it's working, people were asking the same questions yesterday on US. Some were on 0% for up to an hour I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

  4. #4
    Ah thats fine then, I dont mind waiting as long as I know its working

    oh also, if I should close it down for any reason and restart it later tonight will it continue from the point I closed it? like it does when you close down a patch download?

  5. #5
    Delete WTF and Cache folders, and run the launcher like an Admin.
    Worked like a charm for me.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Ah thats fine then, I dont mind waiting as long as I know its working

    oh also, if I should close it down for any reason and restart it later tonight will it continue from the point I closed it? like it does when you close down a patch download?
    It states "Please do not close the Launcher or run World of Warcraft" on the information so I guess it wont


    "If I lay here. If I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

  7. #7
    Oh wow lmao, in the space of time I went from typing that last message to making a cup of tea and coming back, its finished 100% and started the 8GB download,

    ftw

    Cheers all for the help and replies

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraitorian View Post
    Mine's taking extremely long, been 5 - 10 Minutes and only at 2%.
    It speeds up at various points. Took me forever to get to 15% but then went to 40% very fast. Same thing happens at other points in the process... It still takes ages and seemingly a lot longer than the 15-60 mins that is suggested though.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2012-08-29 at 11:49 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    It speeds up at various points. Took me forever to get to 15% but then went to 40% very fast. Same thing happens at other points in the process... It still takes ages and seemingly a lot longer than the 15-60 mins that is suggested though.
    Took mine 5 minutes, if not less.
    However, I'm re-installing WoW right now, hoping to resolve error 132 that popped up after playing the game for a while.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Oh wow lmao, in the space of time I went from typing that last message to making a cup of tea and coming back, its finished 100% and started the 8GB download,

    ftw

    Cheers all for the help and replies
    i thought we already did the prepatch from background down loader im confused.com

  11. #11
    Gonna close this since the OP's "question" has been answered.

    Those of you who have similar issues, just be patient, the "Optimizer" will hang at 0% for up to an hour, but once it starts going, it doesn't take long.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •