Deleted

Netbook internet problem

Hello,

I recently bought a new netbook and I have problems connecting it to the internet. It connects at first, but every time I shut it to down, it refuses to reconnected again. I see the network but I only get to limited connectivity. The only solution is to reset the router every time when I want to connect. I have 3 more devices connected to the router so I'm pretty sure it works properly. Any ideas how to fix this ?

Deleted
    Why not just right click on connection icon and click "Troubleshoot Problems"?
    Also do you have the latest wifi drivers for the thing? Not the crap drivers from Windows Update.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could assign the netbook a static IP address, that may work. Also if youre just closing the lid rather than turn it off it could be an issue with sleep mode. A lot of computers dont wake up right from sleep which is why I wish they would remove the sleep/hibernate feature from computers. Its worthless and one of the first things I disable on every new PC I get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Why not just right click on connection icon and click "Troubleshoot Problems"?
    Also do you have the latest wifi drivers for the thing? Not the crap drivers from Windows Update.
    1. Troubleshoot problems never help, all it does is turning off the Wifi switch & on.
    2. Windows Update is fine at updating drivers, besides the standard wireless drivers should be more than enough.

It honestly sounds like a faulty wireless card to me, tried a different wireless connection?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    1. Troubleshoot problems never help, all it does is turning off the Wifi switch & on.
    2. Windows Update is fine at updating drivers, besides the standard wireless drivers should be more than enough.

It honestly sounds like a faulty wireless card to me, tried a different wireless connection?
    You think the "Troubleshoot problems" is a scam of some sort? It doesnt just turn off the wifi switch it resets the network stack and restarts the wifi drivers and alot more as is explained in the progress info.

Also Windows Update drivers are always out of date, The latest driver for my wifi card released in 2006 on Wndows update was from 2007, The official site latest driver is 3 months old so theres a big gap in WU driver age.

90% of issues on computers are driver or config issues, What makes you think its a hardware fault before even trying the most common solutions?

10+ Year Old Account
    You think the "Troubleshoot problems" is a scam of some sort? It doesnt just turn off the wifi switch it resets the network stack and restarts the wifi drivers and alot more as is explained in the progress info.

Also Windows Update drivers are always out of date, The latest driver for my wifi card released in 2006 on Wndows update was from 2007, The official site latest driver is 3 months old so theres a big gap in WU driver age.

90% of issues on computers are driver or config issues, What makes you think its a hardware fault before even trying the most common solutions?
    I agree. I dont think Ive ever seen a bad wireless card get a 169 IP address (limited connectivity) and I work on them at work quite a bit. Its almost always a software issue. Usually a corrupted driver or TCP/IP stack or a firewall that is corrupted/configured improperly. A bad wireless card will usually not function at all and wont show up in device manager.

Deleted
    Drivers are up to date, and I don't think it is from the wi-fi card as it did the same when I tried a cable connection. Seems to work fine now though, hoping the problem won't come back.

10+ Year Old Account

AMD cpu have been crap for the last few generations so is better to go with Intel.

Gave me the impression that you were talking out of your ass, pardon.

OP, tell us if the problem reoccurs.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-08-29 at 02:48 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Yea sometimes it can just take a few seconds to connect if the signal is poor. I get it all the time in the office with router at other end of building.