Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Having trouble tracking Sacred Shield with addons, anyone able to assist?

Hey folks,

I'm having trouble tracking Sacred Shield properly with addons. Currently when you use Sacred Shield you gain 2 buffs, 1 is the 30 second duration buff, and the other is the absorb shield. I'm trying to track the 30 second buff, but both Power Auras and Need to Know keep tracking the absorb shield instead - I've even tried adding the spell ID for power auras but still no luck. Anyone managed to get around this issue yet?
    Last edited by mmoc4dea626edb; 2012-08-29 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Class Timers is the only one I've used so far that picks up on both buffs from Sacred Shield.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

If you are using Vudho, try to enter Spell ID (wowhead.com), instead of buff name and should be ok.

Deleted
    I'll give Class Timers a try then, thanks for your help.

15+ Year Old Account
    i've tracked sacred shield with needtoknow and sometimes it picks up the 6seconds tick but most of the time it'll pick up the 30 second buff. I just put the bar bright yellow so when i dont see it anymore i just hit it again.

i know this might not be the best case scenario for you but protection paladins aren't GCD locked anymore and i find many times the opportunity mid-combat to refresh sacred shield.

as a last resort, i hit the key sporadically before every trash pull. it doesn't cost any mana to boot
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

Bad players are always going to deflect their failures onto someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vuhdo, I love you for a reason!!

Open your options, Go to Panels, click on HoT Icons.
    From there you can add Sacred Shield to the list.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    Vuhdo, I love you for a reason!!

Open your options, Go to Panels, click on HoT Icons.
    From there you can add Sacred Shield to the list.
    Awesome cheers, was trying to figure it on vuhdo myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't Sacred Shield have a really obvious visual? I use that pretty bubble as my tracking hehe, when I don't see it, I refresh it.

I imagine once clcpbt gets updated it will track it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Doesn't Sacred Shield have a really obvious visual? I use that pretty bubble as my tracking hehe, when I don't see it, I refresh it.
    It's not very obvious on a tauren. :<

ElvUI class timers Tracks both of them, atleast it does on my setup.

Grid unfortunately tracks the 6 sec buff, not the spell. What i've done is go to status, enable the buff and then tick "Show if mine" and "Show if missing". That way if i see it pop on my grid, I know that I have to cast it. It's not that optimal but works for me at least for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Not always. Fights like Ultraxion where I'm stacked with everyone or stacked with the melee it can be difficult to see if its on myself. I end up just refreshing it off cooldown, if there isn't an available HP generator to hit.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Had problems with this myself, and searched on Google and came in this thread. No answer yet, but I managed to figure it out myself, so here it is.

If you want to use the 30-second buff with NeedToKnow, you only have to enter the spell ID instead of the name, which is 20925, and voila! Will probably work with Power Auras aswell (although you might have to add some brackets around it, like this: [20925] )

Deleted
    My power auras show the 30 second buff

Deleted
    I have got it set up to show the 6 second buff (so I know when each absorb resets) and then will show a second icon counting down from 10 when its due to expire.
    Have done that both within Vuhdo and Healbot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Had problems with this myself, and searched on Google and came in this thread. No answer yet, but I managed to figure it out myself, so here it is.

If you want to use the 30-second buff with NeedToKnow, you only have to enter the spell ID instead of the name, which is 20925, and voila! Will probably work with Power Auras aswell (although you might have to add some brackets around it, like this: [20925] )
    I actually looked the spell up on Wowhead and neither spell ID I tried worked, but this one did. Thanks. :D

Weakauras has worked great for me. This is my export.

Code:
    dqtddaGEGq7cs1Rbk2NOuMPOunxbA2qDtGOBlu7uuTxYULSFkQ FcH(lGFJyOIsgmvvdxqheI6yqY5KQQwOqwmvLLJ0tvEmvEoOjc emvkmzPmDvUiqvxg11fzJav2QuvSzkY2HGdRQptv(oqQPbK8nP Q0OffNxaNuQSmPkNMs3dszBaLEMuvzyqKfkzO9Yqd8htRhB2p4 WFmR1vhtn9ooyNJuWGD59bWGqDzamYqjGU027OCZS)LXY4MwxD m1074GDosbdISpl2EbaY6XFZwarygc5gi5QzlpDAqnuOdk07l6 O0I1AAnzOHjFtgAjidaTGiRiTeKbWmcmwrAo8dHYqdAlpmRLfY zhzqOlxNwcYao8dHksJsWSm0It4ZkdD60sqgagYo5tlbzahj23 FksdgYozObTLhMvokT4e(SYq5OuKY7PiD60PfartMG8P8E90OS NLugbcznRJuA2M2EhLBM9Vmwg30oQ1ZJPYqdEVdma2YerdEVdm AF6iomPy5tdgYyCxtR)GThy7NMhLKcDysXYNgb0fIfoGI0QpMb SLjI2NOVMhLKcbCKuDAiPLGmqQSNI0sL908OKuOw9XmugkhL2E hLBM9Vmwg3uEpnWFmTESz)Gd)XSoTeKbQpMvKwQye460(0r0CK uDAiPzleykKvKw9XS2EhLBM9Vmwg30QpMbiHm9pcvdn00CKuDi gY0)iuTSP5rjPqahjvhIHm9pcvdn00PvPydQ1ZJPqLJsRzHH4p qNJuAD1XutVJd25ifmiY(Sy7faiRh)nBbeHziKBGKRMT80PHGY rbkKqsNe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adornus View Post
    Weakauras has worked great for me. This is my export.

Code:
    dqtddaGEGq7cs1Rbk2NOuMPOunxbA2qDtGOBlu7uuTxYULSFkQ FcH(lGFJyOIsgmvvdxqheI6yqY5KQQwOqwmvLLJ0tvEmvEoOjc emvkmzPmDvUiqvxg11fzJav2QuvSzkY2HGdRQptv(oqQPbK8nP Q0OffNxaNuQSmPkNMs3dszBaLEMuvzyqKfkzO9Yqd8htRhB2p4 WFmR1vhtn9ooyNJuWGD59bWGqDzamYqjGU027OCZS)LXY4MwxD m1074GDosbdISpl2EbaY6XFZwarygc5gi5QzlpDAqnuOdk07l6 O0I1AAnzOHjFtgAjidaTGiRiTeKbWmcmwrAo8dHYqdAlpmRLfY zhzqOlxNwcYao8dHksJsWSm0It4ZkdD60sqgagYo5tlbzahj23 FksdgYozObTLhMvokT4e(SYq5OuKY7PiD60PfartMG8P8E90OS NLugbcznRJuA2M2EhLBM9Vmwg30oQ1ZJPYqdEVdma2YerdEVdm AF6iomPy5tdgYyCxtR)GThy7NMhLKcDysXYNgb0fIfoGI0QpMb SLjI2NOVMhLKcbCKuDAiPLGmqQSNI0sL908OKuOw9XmugkhL2E hLBM9Vmwg3uEpnWFmTESz)Gd)XSoTeKbQpMvKwQye460(0r0CK uDAiPzleykKvKw9XS2EhLBM9Vmwg30QpMbiHm9pcvdn00CKuDi gY0)iuTSP5rjPqahjvhIHm9pcvdn00PvPydQ1ZJPqLJsRzHH4p qNJuAD1XutVJd25ifmiY(Sy7faiRh)nBbeHziKBGKRMT80PHGY rbkKqsNe

Import not working,

Error decompressing: Decompression error at 153/618

Quote Originally Posted by Vetti View Post
    My power auras show the 30 second buff
    can't manage to make power aura track the buff except if its on myself

any ideas?