Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    You're not sorry? You know why? Because I'm not sorry, just sad. You can be sad, you can be mad, but don't be sorry for this.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 02:45 PM ----------

Wait, what? Omfg why am I at work? D:
    Oops. Spoke too soon. I can access it but nothing is able to be seen in it as yet.

Deleted
    And its down.

The trade post I think really isn't the biggest thing in the game right now so, I am fine with it being down for now.
    Excited

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls191 View Post
    The trade post I think really isn't the biggest thing in the game right now so, I am fine with it being down for now.
    actually it is, we crafters want to craft. simple reason we want to craft is even crafting gives a decent amount of exp

I have to agree, even though TP is not the most important thing, it is slowly starting to get frustrating to not have it......
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    All I know is...WHEN the Trading Post goes online for real there will be a shit ton of mats for sale at cheap ass prices.

That is where I will be, with my 30 gold, just waiting to soak up everything to use to my benefit. Mwahahaha!

OT: Yeah, it sucks... lol

P.S. - For those wondering, the reason I have 30g is because I have yet to do crafting and have sold EVERYTHING I have found; as well as sold through in-game mail. BTW...does anyone wanna buy 107 Tiny Fangs? I have to find out who the hell uses them. As far as I am aware even the crafters that it says in the note that SHOULD use them still have yet to find a recipe to actually do so.

Lol do you really believe this? I'm willing to bet there won't be hardly any mats on the AH because most of the mats are useable by all professions and take up zero bag space, so if each person wants to level all of the professions or 2 on a couple characters they are not going to give up any mats... And why would you since they take up no bag space..

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    actually it is, we crafters want to craft. simple reason we want to craft is even crafting gives a decent amount of exp
    Almost everyone is crafting some people are doing every profession where are these magic mats on the AH going to come from? Any leftovers will most likely be sent to an alt... Even if the AH comes up tomorrow it will be a month before you see any mats on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    I have to agree, even though TP is not the most important thing, it is slowly starting to get frustrating to not have it......
    It's actually a very important thing. For any serious crafters it's a huge handicap. I'm not able to make/play any alts because I had to give them all bags and stuff them with all the items that I can't fit in my bank any more. Pretty soon I'll be out of room altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyctattoo View Post
    Lol do you really believe this? I'm willing to bet there won't be hardly any mats on the AH because most of the mats are useable by all professions and take up zero bag space, so if each person wants to level all of the professions or 2 on a couple characters they are not going to give up any mats... And why would you since they take up no bag space..[COLOR="red"]
    The Collectibles tab only stores up to 250 items of the same type. It's not infinite.

Deleted
    I wasn't bothered at first, I expected Launch issues and knew it would be fixed asap.....but its really dragging now and hindering crafting. Curious to see how this will effect economy once its fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    BTW...does anyone wanna buy 107 Tiny Fangs? I have to find out who the hell uses them. As far as I am aware even the crafters that it says in the note that SHOULD use them still have yet to find a recipe to actually do so.
    Used for Inscription items for Recipe discovery in Armorsmith and Weaponsmith in the sort or 25-50 region I believe. Pretty sure I've gone through a load of them.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2012-08-30 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't really sure which thread to post this in and if it's even been posted elsewhere. Here's an update from Anet with the most common issues as of today.

This is the current status of the most important issues we're tracking with Guild Wars 2 live service.

Account security - We're seeing an uptick in reports of account theft and attempted account theft. We believe hackers are using databases of email addresses and passwords stolen from other games and web sites, and pre-existing trojan horses, to search for matching Guild Wars 2 accounts which they attempt to compromise. To prevent this, we have temporarily disabled the "reset password" feature, and we're working to bring email authentication online. To protect yourself, please ensure that you use a unique password for Guild Wars 2 that you don't use for any other game, email account, forum or web account.

Email authentication - Email authentication is a feature that notifies you if someone tries to log into your account from a location you've never logged in from before. Thus, even if someone guesses your game password, he can't log in unless he also guesses your email account password. You can make email authentication even more secure by using an email provider that supports two-factor authentication, such as Google or Yahoo, and taking advantage of that. We're currently preparing email authentication and intend to deploy it in a phased rollout, starting on Thursday, August 30.

Parties, guilds, etc.
    - Parties, guilds, and other social features are periodically failing. This causes issues such as party members not appearing on the map, and party members not staying in the same overflow servers as they travel between maps. This happens particularly during times of peak usage. We're working to fix related problems and mitigate this issue with each subsequent update.

Worlds - Many worlds are filling up. We're keeping the number of worlds constrained so that worlds stay well populated even after the initial surge of high concurrency. However, we will add worlds as necessary. As of Wednesday, August 30, all German language worlds are full and all French language worlds are at high usage, so we're adding two new German language worlds and one new French language world.

Overflow worlds
    - During this initial surge of high concurrency, and especially while many characters are low-level and thus playing in the same starting areas, it's common for players to be directed to overflow maps. If you want to play with a friend, but you’re not on the same overflow map, you can form a party together, then right-click on your friend's portrait in the party list and click "join". Note that this functionality is sometimes intermittently unavailable due to the "parties, guilds, etc." issues noted above.

Trading Post - We're working to bring the Trading Post back online. To help test, we've temporarily made it available to a random 15% of players, while we work to resolve remaining capacity constraints that will allow us to open it to everyone.

In-game mail - We detected a potential abuse of the in-game mail system and have temporarily disabled in-game mail to prevent any such abuse. We'll reenable it soon, hopefully in tonight's update.

Botting - We'll start substantial banning of bots on Wednesday, August 29. Since we're currently seeing widespread casual, unsophisticated botting, we will start with 72-hour bans for first offenses. In the coming days, as we address the casual botting problem, we plan to switch to our normal policy of permanently banning anyone who runs a bot.

Forums - Our most important priority at the moment is to ensure that the game runs stably and flawlessly. So as to not create additional demand on our infrastructure and on our programming team, we made the decision not to open the forums until the initial mass influx of players has calmed down a bit.

Next software updates - The next update of the game server and back-end server software will take place tonight at midnight Seattle time. The game may be unavailable for approximately 20-60 minutes while we perform the update. We expect this update to have fixes for email authentication and in-game mail. Our continued work on the Trading Post is not tied to game updates, so we will continue to test Trading Post updates throughout the day.

Source

Deleted
    This order also indicated their priority of importance. Trading posts really aren't their biggest problem right now.

And honestly, I'd wish people would stop complaining about broken stuff during launch week. If you're gonna complain about broken stuff then don't play during week one. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

You know launch weeks are always messy, for every MMO in history. Did you expect GW2 to be an exception? If so, then you're a bigger fool than I thought.

So tomorrow is my last day before vacation... would not have seen the TP for all that time

Pretty annoying I agree.

Sheesh, every time a major online game launches people act like it's the first time a major launch has had technical problems and downtime.

Why not just wait a week before you start playing if stability is so important to you? I'm sure the game will still be there in a week!

Also now that mail is down we cant trade... at all... :/

I've been handing it better since I decided to use alts to hold some of my stuff, however, it is REALLY annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Worlds - Many worlds are filling up. We're keeping the number of worlds constrained so that worlds stay well populated even after the initial surge of high concurrency. However, we will add worlds as necessary. As of Wednesday, August 30, all German language worlds are full and all French language worlds are at high usage, so we're adding two new German language worlds and one new French language world.
    This is great news. It was actually amazing how stupid some recent MMO launches have been about this, of course way more players will be spending time in-game during launch than eg. a month later, or a year later. Having players whining about queues(overflow in GW2's case) on launch doesn't mean you should press the panic button and release 100 more servers *cough* BioWare *cough* that will then be deserted when the initial enthusiasm starts to settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    This is great news. It was actually amazing how stupid some recent MMO launches have been about this, of course way more players will be spending time in-game during launch than eg. a month later, or a year later. Having players whining about queues(overflow in GW2's case) on launch doesn't mean you should press the panic button and release 100 more servers *cough* BioWare *cough* that will then be deserted when the initial enthusiasm starts to settle down.
    The overflow system was a brilliant idea by ArenaNet. I've been able to play uninterrupted with no waits. Hell, sometimes I stay in overflow if I'm in the middle of a dynamic event quest chain or (like it was on my server) a quest was bugged.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2012-08-30 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ayimera View Post
    I've pretty much started salvaging all the blue gear I get and make because I have no room and just keeping masterwork drops for potential market sale. Sometimes I wonder if it would be a better trade-off to just vendor the items for copper.
    I've been salvaging masterwork drops or giving level 40 swords to level 12 guildies because my bank is full and I have no room to do anything with them. It is rather frustrating.

I'm also required to farm second tier matts (small claws/scales, thin blood) instead of just buying the 3 more 'sets' I need off the AH to finish that tier of crafting. Don't even get me started on tailoring stuff. I have started a centaur genocide to try and get jute.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did,
    They repetitively asked us to try and break the auction house during the stress tests saying they needed more tests done on it.
    Personally I had no trouble finding sellers and buyers for my raw mats and weapons.
    Jade quarry massive population ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    It's actually a very important thing. For any serious crafters it's a huge handicap..
    A handicap in the sense that I'm forcing myself to go back to lower level zones for the sake of gathering resources. So, I can still craft, it just takes a little longer than it otherwise would.

This has, probably, indirectly benefited me, in the sense that I'm not completely broke from splurging on mats from the TP.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 04:10 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.