Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Kael'thas Sunstrider (the eye) no longer able to solo?

Hello everyone, im a deathknight, ive been soloing Kael'thas Sunstrider for ages, without problems, im at my 35'th run, and today after the patch, i get Mind controlled all the time. Cant realy blame bloodworms, cause i had those before as well. i got mc'ed before sometimes as well, but now, 5 tryes 5 MC's..

Annyone else having problems here after the patch?

Deleted
    Not too useful feedback, but hes still fine as Hunter. We've always had to deal with MCs though.

They did buff his HP though, with all old bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2012-08-29 at 02:51 PM.

You have blood worms. Blood worms act like pets. You will get MC'd because there are *other* targets around. and then the fight will reset because you're the only *player* in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermirl View Post
    You have blood worms. Blood worms act like pets. You will get MC'd because there are *other* targets around. and then the fight will reset because you're the only *player* in the fight.
    if you read my threat, it did not act like this before the patch, not unless i get croud controlled, and my blood worm isent. Now it will mind controll me and go for my pet.

I had blood worms before the patch as well, i know a change when i see one. And this change sucks :/....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    They did buff his HP though, with all old bosses.
    I must have missed something. How much were they buffed? Are their damage the same? Afaik they were challenging already at the correct level, don't see why they would buff old bosses suddenly.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Something was probably changed in the coding of the bloodworms.

Deleted
    I am guessing before the patch you would make him reach the next phase before he started doing the MC, but after the health buff you cannot do that. You will probably have to go spec out of bloodworms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    You will probably have to go spec out of bloodworms.
    Hahahah good one.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

i had some issues with him too; was on my hunter and running with a druid tank friend for whatever reason, and the druid kept on getting MC'ed. it seems to have been changed so that it can hit tanks now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did him yesterday as a dps warrior and he never mc'd me so it's bloodworms.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I did him yesterday as a dps warrior and he never mc'd me so it's bloodworms.
    It certainly is the bloodworms, also if you have gurthulak the tenticles can also cause you to become mind controlled.

All bosses, including Kael are not supposed to cast Mind Control on their primary target. If you have agro you should not be getting MCed no matter how many bloodworms or whatever are present.

If this is happening then you should report it as a bug.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-08-30 at 12:32 AM.

Hi, I am a DK as well when I first stated soling him he would MC me aswell cause of the blood worms.... how ever yes I speced out of them for the fight but now we cant... You are rite he will never MC the tank ever.... except when he blinds you and you spin around for like 10 seconds you not a tank at that point... it happens in a flash it might not seem like that's what happening but it is your getting CCed and hes attackign a bloodworm and resetting. it takes a really good mental timer or dbm lol to time the CC so u can AMS it and keep going.

Deleted
    I noticed he was wasting my voidwalkers like paper earlier as well. Guess i'll just go with a full self healing Grimoire of Sac build and tank him to death. Pyroblasts still seriously fuckin hurt though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the nether beams in the last phase are bugged as well, they never disappear even when KT is despawned.

Edit: they eventually disappear it just takes like 5-10mins
    Last edited by Turkeyburger; 2012-08-30 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyburger View Post
    Looks like the nether beams in the last phase are bugged as well, they never disappear even when KT is despawned.
    This. What is this about? Think it will ever be fixed? Its not even doable in a 25 man with that, let alone solo....

I have to say that is clearly a bug, it never de-spawns like it used to making the fight undoable...

The MC bug has always been around hasn't it? Its just now that blood dks are forced to have bloodworms that its a problem :S. This cloud thing makes it impossible for pretty much every class though so dont need to worry atm. Hope they fix it soon :S
    Last edited by Palatinus; 2012-08-30 at 01:26 AM.

The beams are trivial, They always have been I dont know how you guys solo it but when neather beams are out fly far away and let him come to you problem solved.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=35859/nether-vapor

Not the beams he casts.

The vapor doesn't despawn, you could just run away from him over and over again to try and move him out of the vapor, but thats very trival and you'd never expect a 25 man raid group to be able to keep doing this locked in his room, it just wouldn't happen if the vapor never despawned. Its always despawn in the past. Besides, it doesn't despawn once you die/he despawns, so yeah its gg.

For anyone that has done this since 5.0.4, did the vapor despawn for you? Maybe its a non-recurring bug?
    Last edited by Palatinus; 2012-08-30 at 01:38 AM.

OP is right the fight is fucked up. He isn't supposed to MC the highest aggro target but he does anyway. Don't expect a fix anytime soon, Blizz doesn't give 2 shits about old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Get a primatic elixir and you won't have trouble anymore.
    Alternatively, do it as Frost.
    Not sure if it's doable as frost, kael'thas not only had 600k more hp, he also hits a lot harder with fireballs and also the cast time has been decreased; as frost death strikes still don't heal that much, death pact, lichborne and ams may not be enough for pyroblasts + fireballs in p4.

And as blood it's impossible, can deal like 800k max before MC, bloodworms have 10% from each attack to spawn, no way to deal 1,5 mil before a bloodworm spawns.