Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Tried on my fire mage today. I was easily doing it before the patch, came close today but it's a colossal cluster fuck now.

I killed him today on my elemental shaman, but he's bugged. Nether vapor never despawns which means if you are melee its gg, I almost died because I got 5 stacks of that, so fireballs were hitting for almost 50% of my HP.

Maybe nether vapor only bugged that time, I don't know.

Yeah not sure how you weren't having this problem before but it is definitely the bloodworms, they will get you MCed no question. I take it there's no way to not have bloodworms up now? Well, welcome to being unable to easily solo KT like every other class :P

I definitely noticed the low dungeon HP boost, I was soloing Botanica on my Prot Pally, pulled half the dungeon as usual and got my ass kicked! Okay partly because I hadn't gotten the hang of the new Prot rotation, but still!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    All bosses, including Kael are not supposed to cast Mind Control on their primary target. If you have agro you should not be getting MCed no matter how many bloodworms or whatever are present.

If this is happening then you should report it as a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by sockzz View Post
    OP is right the fight is fucked up. He isn't supposed to MC the highest aggro target but he does anyway. Don't expect a fix anytime soon, Blizz doesn't give 2 shits about old content.
    No, it has always been like this. A friend of mine on a Blood DK gave up soloing him when he realised he'd have to keep speccing out of bloodworms every week lol.

Hard to say what KT's behaviour is "supposed" to be given he isn't "supposed" to be soloed. Just because it doesn't work this way with other bosses (AFAIK) doesn't mean it's broken :P
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-08-30 at 04:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I would not be at all surprised if something like this actually does get fixed.

With the level cap (and, respectively, our own power) increasing, the interest to solo this particular boss will be greatly heightened. I was actually planning on giving it a go come MoP. The only reason I could possibly see for them NOT to fix the bugs on this encounter are to "encourage" more people to use the BLack market Auction House (as I'm actually shocked I have not seen that tin foil hat theory tossed around in this thread yet).

They know we like to solo old content. It's something to do. While the mechanics of certain encounters do feasibly eliminate that possibility (such as, for best example, Malygos), most older content bosses lack the complex necessity for group play (such as, for best examples, most original raid content). Kael'thas is another great example of the latter, though the list of classes that could do it at 85 was only a handful.

With the realm of possibility greatly opened up further, I do think that they will look into it and correct the issues on it at some point. Of course, this also depends on if anyone int his thread is even bothering to report the bugs they have experienced in the first place.

So, if you haven't...you're doing it wrong.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The MC seems the same as its always been.

The nether vapor on the other hand is completely bugged and destroys an actual level 70, 25 man raid from doing this boss....so should really be fixed >.<

Deleted
    His Mind Control is definitely bugged. As a demo warlock he'll MC you even if you tank him, just because the random Wild Imps have procced, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    But he's easily doable as a petless (Sacrifice) Destruction lock.

Quote Originally Posted by sockzz View Post
    OP is right the fight is fucked up. He isn't supposed to MC the highest aggro target but he does anyway. Don't expect a fix anytime soon, Blizz doesn't give 2 shits about old content.
    Because it is part of the encounter. The fact is he has pets up and he is now targetable for Mind Control. Stop hating on Blizzard, that bandwagon is getting pretty full.

Still soloable as blood, done today, read on us forums that it should be doable summoning all you have at start of p4 just nuking, and so I tried.

First try, I got him, I had sanguinar still up, 20k and a tentacle was killing him, so I summoned army, then ghoul, ofc full dps gear 403 item level (if before it was doable with both dps and tank gear but easier with dps gear, know that this change makes dps gear NECESSARY), usual dps tricks, DRW + ERW, not interrupted any fireball for more vengeance and less chance of MC, got him in p5 before he cast MC; if he had cast MC, he would've killed bloodworms and ghouls, but he doesn't despawn till he killed all, and MC only lasts 30 sec, so you *could* get out from a MC if you have all pets out.

Then in p5 normally it's gg as blood, but due to nether vapors bug this phase was very hard, had to use path of frost glyphed to avoid fall damage of like 100k, run when nether vapors were getting too close, once I got disoriented and got 1 stack of nether vapor, very annoying, so I also tried to time AMS to prevent arcane disruptions.

Kited him a bit more, had to use ghoul sacrifice due to the bug of the fall damage and killed him before nether vapors overwhelmed me (I did him in the room, they were almost everywhere).

Also doable as fury warrior with second wind, for anyone interested, phase 4 is a NIGHTMARE, defensive stance + souldrinker LFR and NO-tentacle weapon to avoid the instant mind control (used ataraxis normal, best I had), let him cast 1st pyroblast, not enough dps, and interrupted second, always.

This way he cast 2 series of pyroblasts in p4, and I always interrupted as many fireballs as I could unless he was about to cast pyroblasts.

Got him to p5, tried to kite (did him outside the room), but after having heroic leaped out of a 100k fall damage, he did it again before heroic leap was ready, so died to 90k fall damage, else p5 should be doable, it also seems easier to avoid 100k flame strikes now, both in p4 and p5, so absolutely for next try I'll use the glyph which reduces heroic leap cd from 45 to 30 sec, necessary for p5 with these bugs...
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2012-09-01 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I must have missed something. How much were they buffed? Are their damage the same? Afaik they were challenging already at the correct level, don't see why they would buff old bosses suddenly.
    No, they weren't challenging in their current state for level-relevant players. That's largely because players are far more powerful than they were in Vanilla/BC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No, it has always been like this. A friend of mine on a Blood DK gave up soloing him when he realised he'd have to keep speccing out of bloodworms every week lol.
    No, it didn't. He would never MC the tank.

You could play a pet class and as long as the player had aggro, he would never MC you.

Now, he MCs you if there is ever another target out, even if you're tanking. Imps spawned by demo talents, doomguards / infernals / warlock pets, all of them will cause him to MC you. Makes it a colossal pain in the arse for certain classes and specs.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I killed him today on my elemental shaman, but he's bugged. Nether vapor never despawns which means if you are melee its gg, I almost died because I got 5 stacks of that, so fireballs were hitting for almost 50% of my HP.

Maybe nether vapor only bugged that time, I don't know.
    Haha happened my warrior when I tried killing him... I wiped a few times on different phases and I had tons of those around the room and luckily managed to kill him in time, was super annoying after the patch indeed... He hits with fireball pretty hard, casts it often and our interrupt is once in 15 seconds and not 10 anymore... But I managed :P

10+ Year Old Account
    had the nether beam bug and the MC bug.

hopefully blizz will do something to make it nice again. gotta try 2 get that pretty bird.
    Hi

Yep, killed him as a Retri Paladin eariler but it was swamped with all kinds of bugs. Even the tentacles spawned by Gurth'alak will immediately cause him to MC you and reset.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im having the same problems with the damn blood worms, pre-patch i had blood worms too, NO problems at all, now i can barely get to 60%...
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Dunno but as a rogue i leave him with less than 100k before phase 2 or phase 5<Preferable>

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was fairly easy for me as frost. Specced into Lich + Asphyxiate + Death Siphon with a Pillar of Frost Glyph.

First phase is easy no matter what. I did everything in the starting room, I have enough dps in just s10 pvp gear I didn't have to spread it out too much. Put the bomb / conflag on an opposite corner though.

Phase 2 is always easy.

Phase 3 isn't bad, I just popped my army for it, used the pillar when the conflag chick was close enough to conflag me and killed the two melee and got the bomb guy low. Then, kite around for a bit with death siphon and/or just kill the conflag chick in a single AMS, but waiting until pillar rune was up helped for the knockback.

Phase 4 was a bit tricky trying to manage your health, but the pillar rune helps, you won't get disoriented with the pillar and he'll always be in your melee range, he appears to back out, but comes right back in. I literally did something like AMS -> Pillar -> trinket disorient -> AMS -> Pillar on cd, I don't think I got low even.

Phase 5 really wasn't an issue with the nether, I kited back maybe 50 yard segments for the nether, just ran to the back wall with death siphon. He only went through two nethers, so that was of zero issue.

To be honest, a lot faster and easier than the last time I did it as blood, I like just zerging him over being conservative.

Deleted
    2 manned it after patch without problems, nether vapor might be fucked up but if you go 1 healer 1 dps or tank its gg anyway (i have it so i help friend get there's :P)
    Hide for mc and tank wont get it still worked for me.

Nothing really changed regarding the bloodworms. It could always happen to get mindcontrolled if a guardian pet was out in the wrong moment.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-09-03 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Nothing really changed regarding the bloodworms. It could always happen to get mindcontrolled if a guardian pet was out in the wrong moment.
    No. All bosses with Mind Control or any other form of CC are programmed to never use it on their main target. If a boss can use it on the tank it would be an instant wipe for the raids trying to kill it. Kael'thas would have been impossible at lv70 if the tank could get MCed.

Raid bosses can only MC you if you are NOT their primary target.

10+ Year Old Account
    A. Pets were bugged causing them to take aggro. Bloodworms were most likely included in this but not many people noticed.

B. There is a position above kael's head in the final phase where you can melee him and not get hit by any of the beams. when you drop, run out(1-3 stacks), or play it safe and do not do dps in this phase(you don't need to, just use a ranged ability and pop conversion)

C. Bring a buddy. me and a friend duoed kael on 4 toons each = 4 runs a week. made the runs much faster, and we didn't have to do it on our only 1 good solo toon. We both have the mount after about 45-65 kills on all 4 toons(he got his early and I finally got mine for the 5.0.4 patch day) We didn't do this every week, but we started in firelands.

D. just wait until MOP comes out and do it as frost at 90. I did this on the PTR, it's super easy, just keep conversion as a talent and know how to interrupt/AMS and use army when all 4 adds come out.

E. Buy it from the BMAH
    dictated but not read.