Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    wtf? am i missing something here? am i crazy to think this is getting ridiculous? surely you cannot find keybinds for everything you want to use without 46 buttons on a razer naga mouse? I remember near the beginning the game was still so good, when most classes had what, 10 abilities each?
    i have a naga and i still dont have enough room for all i want to use lol.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    My action bars aren't full and I have almost every ability on them... not too much for me. However I agree that there is a lot of abilities. My needtoknow has never been bigger lol.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 09:06 PM ----------

How exactly would that work? they are both on the GCD and it may mess up your rotation.

I like fervor... although I'm not sure if it is a dps loss. I just like the burst I get out of it and since it's not on the GCD.
    Im very disappointed in how hunters are now BM and Esp my fav spec Surv.
    I dont know how to get my dps back to what it was or higher, its very low now and juggling hit, exp, and haste isnt working as I lost so much haste my cobra shots are 1.8+ casts.

Upside account wide achieves, will just play whats OP in MOP and be done with it until hunters are some what fixed/changed or I feel need to like to want to play em again. And thats the beauty of account wide achieves can easily ditch something for another class.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

It is too much. I noticed they got a few specs right, and a few very wrong. Hunter traditionally has way too many buttons, and they just seemed to add some. It's not fun to me when I can't bind all of them efficiently to my Naga. I mean, if I can't get everything I need with a 1.5min or less cooldown into 24 keybinds, I feel like something is wrong.

Blood DK I also feel like I have too much. I ended up taking a few situational things off my hotkeys, but I don't like that I have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    I'm actually surprised that so many people are having issues. I found the rotation to be real easy, almost the same as 4.3 with some extra things.

1- Abilities can be macro'ed together. Rapid Fire and A Murder of Crows for example can be put on the same macro. Dire Beast and Bestial Wrath can be as well.

The core of a BM Hunter is still there, it hasn't been changed. You just have extra abilities now to play with. Give it a couple days to see what works and what doesn't.

Also the note on FF, a lot of people on EJ and other sites are saying not to use it at all. There are ways to basically macro your entire rotation as BM with some of the added CDs and still perform well.
    I agree with you in that playing a hunter is still rather easy and very much the same as before for the most part. However, I strongly disagree with the macro suggestions you made. NEVER macro those abilities together as you will lose out on a lot of damage. Plus these are abilities that you might want to delay a bit depending on the fight instead of using them right when they come off cooldown. If you were to macro them this would not be possible.

For the rest of you who are complaining, aside from some bugs with bosses (which will be fixed), BM and SV are in a very good spot right now. You just need to whine a little less, and practice a little more.

Here's some help, as BM:

1. Base your ENTIRE play around one ability, Kill Command. Cast it on CD, no matter what. It is worth waiting 0.5 seconds for it to come off CD rather than delaying it by 1 GCD.

2. Dire Beast ON CD. Obviously this can be delayed by a GCD or 2, but keep it on CD as much as you can.

3. Murder of Crows on CD. Obviously if the boss is at 22% hp or something you should delay it a bit but otherwise treat it the same as Dire Beast.

4. If you and your pet can stay on the target for the next 10 seconds, Kill Command will be off CD within the next 1 GCD, and you have enough focus. Bestial Wrath on CD. Cast KC right away, spam Arcane Shots until KC is off CD, then repeat.

5. Same, if you and your pet can stay on the target for the next 15 seconds, use on CD.

6. TRY to combine 4 and 5 with other procs AS MUCH AS possible. For example, Potions, Synapse Springs, Scope procs, etc.

7. NEVER use Rapid Fire and Bestial Wrath together unless the boss is about to die and it doesn't really matter.

8. Practice! You should know what you are going to cast 5 seconds before you cast it. Its that simple.

9. Priority system > Rotation. There are too many variables to follow a rotation. Even if a rotation of a combination of KC, Arcane Shot, Cobra Shot could be made, you would only be doing this for a fraction of the fight. Which makes it pretty much worthless.

10. I'm sure there's a lot more you can do, but get the basics straight first.

Honestly I've run out off keybinds.

And this is without the level 90 talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, people have been bitching and crying for months now about the game being easy, and God forbid, Blizz gives you some extra abilities to make it more interesting, and now people are bitching that its too hard to do the rotation. :/

I swear, the only way Blizz can make someone happy is to keep changing stuff, because people are only happy when they are bitching the stupidest f***ing things in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
    7. NEVER use Rapid Fire and Bestial Wrath together unless the boss is about to die and it doesn't really matter.
    May I ask why? I know before Beastial Wrath reduced focus costs but tool tip doesn't seem to indicate that it does anymore so I just wonder why now.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta View Post
    May I ask why? I know before Beastial Wrath reduced focus costs but tool tip doesn't seem to indicate that it does anymore so I just wonder why now.
    It's not bestial wrath that reduces it directly, it's The Beast Within, which the hunter gets when bestial wrath is active. The text says:
    "While your pet is under the effects of Bestial Wrath, you also go into a rage causing 10% additional damage and reducing the Focus cost of all shots and abilities by 50% for 10 sec."

More buttons isn't always synonymous with higher difficulty. I think they've veered hunters off into awkward territory. It feels like we're playing the cd management game now and I don't particularly care for that. Managing Dire Beast, MoC, Glaive Toss, Stampede, and Rapid Fire in addition to your core abilities is a bit much. Plus, you throw Readiness on top of all that and the fact that you have to stagger MoC and Dire Beast and the whole thing is just headache inducing. With enough practice it'll all be second nature but that doesn't mean it will be fun or that it's a good design. It also has the unfortunate side effect of making all our signature shots and arcane shot hit like wet noodles.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta View Post
    Focus capping is a real issue when you do for one, also the damage gain on the pet with a full 5 stacks with BW active outsims the damage gain of the hunter popping FF I believe.

OT: I've found the rotation pretty easy, that being said ive practiced it for a few weeks on the Beta. BM has become a real min/max spec (much like subtlelty rogues this tier) where if you manage to do everything right youll really see the effects of your hard work, but if you half arse it you'll notice massive losses.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, unless you want everything handed to you, and if you do Survival isn't simming that far behind BM at 90 and is much looser rotationwise so you can spec that instead.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-08-29 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just needs a little practice,its not that hard,done 1 raid tonight and have the rotation sorted 100% like i've been playing it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    It's not bestial wrath that reduces it directly, it's The Beast Within, which the hunter gets when bestial wrath is active. The text says:
    "While your pet is under the effects of Bestial Wrath, you also go into a rage causing 10% additional damage and reducing the Focus cost of all shots and abilities by 50% for 10 sec."
    Ah I missed that thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlance View Post
    Yeah I thought focus fire was a dps loss to use ?

You don't wanna use FF when your pet is in Bestial wrath, othervise keep it

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettah View Post
    You don't wanna use FF when your pet is in Bestial wrath, othervise keep it
    This has been discussed numerous times. I'm surprised you are not aware of the reasoning behind it. Basically....

Bestial Wrath increases your pet's damage by 20% and yours by 10%. It also causes all your abilities to cost 50% less focus. So a good rotation to follow for Bestial Wrath is KC, Arcane Shot x5, KC, Arcane Shot x3. During Bestial Wrath you only use instant abilities, which highly diminishes the benefit of Rapid Fire. This is why you would want to Rapid Fire separately from Bestial Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
    This has been discussed numerous times. I'm surprised you are not aware of the reasoning behind it. Basically....

Bestial Wrath increases your pet's damage by 20% and yours by 10%. It also causes all your abilities to cost 50% less focus. So a good rotation to follow for Bestial Wrath is KC, Arcane Shot x5, KC, Arcane Shot x3. During Bestial Wrath you only use instant abilities, which highly diminishes the benefit of Rapid Fire. This is why you would want to Rapid Fire separately from Bestial Wrath.

I thought it was because the 20% haste = more dmg for your pet during the 20% extra dmg? rather than you gaining 30%

Quote Originally Posted by trotdawg2k View Post
    Honestly, people have been bitching and crying for months now about the game being easy, and God forbid, Blizz gives you some extra abilities to make it more interesting, and now people are bitching that its too hard to do the rotation. :/

I swear, the only way Blizz can make someone happy is to keep changing stuff, because people are only happy when they are bitching the stupidest f***ing things in the game.
    little recap what does came in addition with the latest patch:
    3 talents (2 with 85)
    readiness
    FF on the gcd
    snake trap > arcane

don't know how you like it, but there are people who think that this are to many additional buttons in one rush. And just to give you a impression: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mag...s_or_Minus_Two

The normal people can't handle more than ~7 different things in the same time. Though, the game enviroment, the positioning of your own character and mostly the requirement of mumble/ts/whatever already take 3 slots. Thus, normal people can handle 4 things for there rotation. For BM Hunter, there is the pet who does sometime want to get your attention, there is your focus bar, there is the serpent sting, there are the short cd abilities on your main rotation (KC, DB, FF, BW), the long CD management which want to interfere (Readiness, RF) and on the top there maybe the newly introduced extra action button provided by blizzard.

thus, happy trolling!
    Last edited by Keren; 2012-08-30 at 06:56 AM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Barfolomew1 View Post
    More buttons isn't always synonymous with higher difficulty. I think they've veered hunters off into awkward territory. It feels like we're playing the cd management game now and I don't particularly care for that. Managing Dire Beast, MoC, Glaive Toss, Stampede, and Rapid Fire in addition to your core abilities is a bit much. Plus, you throw Readiness on top of all that and the fact that you have to stagger MoC and Dire Beast and the whole thing is just headache inducing. With enough practice it'll all be second nature but that doesn't mean it will be fun or that it's a good design. It also has the unfortunate side effect of making all our signature shots and arcane shot hit like wet noodles.
    Exactly. Like i stated in my original post, classes used to have something like 3 or 4 buttons in Vanilla and not many more in bc, but that didn't make the game not fun to play. Someone stated in this post the rotation isn't hard, I never said it was hard, but it's too much like a job. In my opinion the rotation should be way more simple and the fun should come from the boss mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Exactly. Like i stated in my original post, classes used to have something like 3 or 4 buttons in Vanilla and not many more in bc, but that didn't make the game not fun to play. Someone stated in this post the rotation isn't hard, I never said it was hard, but it's too much like a job. In my opinion the rotation should be way more simple and the fun should come from the boss mechanics.
    With vanilla though raid awareness was much more demanding (in my opinion), if you did the wrong thing... one shot, that's where alot of the difficulty/fun came into it despite only having a limited move set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, ive never seen so much bitching in my life.

The rotation isnt hard nor is there many abilities. You guys act like Hunters are the new Afflic Warlocks(in terms of rotation). Its one added ability. Readiness shouldnt even count since it a 5min CD. The way i look at it, Hunters have 2 Hero/Lusts, not counting the actual one.

People are focus capping because of your T13 Bonus sets. I can tell most of you werent in Beta, because you'd know it wasnt possible to focus cap like it is now. Just relax guys, practice your rotations and be ready for MoP. Its end of expansion, and its not that serious. Every expansion, you see all the complainers. The same way all the people in Beta complained(Hunters), about BA having an AOE attached to it.

Now that MoP ability patch has arrived, its all the non Beta players that are complaining. Thank God for GW2, this gets old real fast like Dragon Soul got old fast.
    It'll all be better in one month, I PROMISE. Happy Hunting.
    Last edited by Volbian; 2012-08-30 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Welcome in the world of other classes I guess (except mages, as usual, 2 buttons, one proc, and voilà !)
    can't tell if you're serious...hunters have always needed more buttons than anyone else to do the same job.