Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I'm surprised at how "automated" the old Combat rotation has become for me. Even with the RvS debuff up, I can't help but click RvS again when I reach 4 CP's... >.<
    lol yeah me too. Took me about 30 min on a dummy to mostly break the habit. Still caught myself doing it thurs night though.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I'm surprised at how "automated" the old Combat rotation has become for me. Even with the RvS debuff up, I can't help but click RvS again when I reach 4 CP's... >.<
    Same for me XD anyway now i'm playing Assassination/Sublety which i find more fun - sorry but it's 8 years that i spam SS ^^
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see it on patch notes, but it's from the Beta Class Analysis:

"Sweeping Strikes now deals 50% of the triggering hit’s damage to an additional nearby target, down from 100%. Arms’ cleave damage was extremely high."

It seems that Combat remains the cleave king spec of the game.

EDIT:

"Rogues needed a rather significant boost to their sustained AoE damage. We opted to give that to them in the form of buffing something that was previously primarily there for utility, not damage, by a very large amount, turning it into a major damage button. We increased the damage of Crimson Tempest’s DoT by 700%."

Anyone knows if this change could lead to weaving Crimson Tempest into our rotation?
    Last edited by Linneth; 2012-09-01 at 08:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I don't think that "combat needs help", just because it is behind muti and sub single target. Take away the legendaries, and then where are S and A versus C? In any event, blade flurry is strong. Shadow Blades will have synergy with Restless Blades, which is good, because they are both Blades.
    While I agree that that Shadow Blades and their synergy with RB will help combat, I would not get any hopes up that the most gear dependent spec will rise to sudden glory once the stat breakdown kicks in.
    Also, I klicked SS for too long, Its time for a change.

Deleted
    I'd like to get confirmation for those weapon speeds. Though i have only HoT 5-man weapons, should i use slow MH + fast OH or just 2 slow ones on both hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I'd like to get confirmation for those weapon speeds. Though i have only HoT 5-man weapons, should i use slow MH + fast OH or just 2 slow ones on both hands?
    As far as I know the 2 variants are so close now that the difference is barely noticable. (I think someone simmed it here on the forums and slow/slow came out just a bit above slow/fast). For now I would say go with the higher weapon damage setup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linneth View Post
    I didn't see it on patch notes, but it's from the Beta Class Analysis:

"Sweeping Strikes now deals 50% of the triggering hit’s damage to an additional nearby target, down from 100%. Arms’ cleave damage was extremely high."

It seems that Combat remains the cleave king spec of the game.

EDIT:

"Rogues needed a rather significant boost to their sustained AoE damage. We opted to give that to them in the form of buffing something that was previously primarily there for utility, not damage, by a very large amount, turning it into a major damage button. We increased the damage of Crimson Tempest’s DoT by 700%."

Anyone knows if this change could lead to weaving Crimson Tempest into our rotation?
    ...and if not in our rotation; Could it become viable for cleave fights, as Assassination or Sub?

How much damage is it worth now to Rupture in combat's rotation? Seeing as it were like a tiny 1% in cata to use it or not. What guess work percentage are we talking in the ball park of, if anyone has done any math on it.

Deleted
    what changed with rupture in the patch? Last I knew you had to update it when you got to stage 3 of BG as it didn't update the damage.

It now only takes the BG buff when cast. So if used at 20% and you progress to 30%, it'll still be 20%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodrogue View Post
    It now only takes the BG buff when cast. So if used at 20% and you progress to 30%, it'll still be 20%
    So when to rupture if at all? It used to be the last stage but now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    We don't have spells that use spell hit. The soft caps remain the same -- reaching 0% for specials and dodge on a [target level here, typically +3 for raiding], which, at the moment is 7.5% for both hit and expertise. Unfortunately, this was also covered about 3 lines into the opening post =/.
    That wasn't my question i asked, Is their a soft cap we should reach for hit because of OH attacks for Melee, Poisons, and Combat potency?

Hit is still a DPS boost for us past Hit/Dodge cap, is their a soft cap like how some casters have a soft cap for haste(different mechanics but the same general idea). Would we see more of a DPS boost if we had hit at X% then stacked Haste/Mastery etc VS getting Hit to the bare minimum of 7.5% then totally ignore and treat it like a pariah?

10+ Year Old Account
    You still wouldn't see any caps -- at all, pre-hard cap -- because the mechanics don't change and flex at different levels of hit rating. It is theoretically possible for, say, assassination to hit a point in mastery (at 275% mastery or who knows what) when getting hit to cause more auto-attacks to land for more poison procs deals more damage than more mastery, but even in that theoretical situation you're looking at each stat increasing the other's value; there is no cap to be had in there. When you get more hit because hit has fluxxed as high as another stat, the other stat's value increases because you have more auto-attacks landing, which means you want more X-that-is-not-hit, and when that stat's gone up, hit's on top again, etc. etc.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    So when to rupture if at all? It used to be the last stage but now?
    It used to be anything BUT the last stage :P now you most likely want it up nearly 100%, but if it's convenient to push a BG state before re-applying (you have 2 seconds left and you're 1 GCD from a new BG, please, hit the new BG), you want to be in a higher state.