Thread: Shockadin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes, sooo funny.. No. This should be removed straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
    Yes, sooo funny.. No. This should be removed straight away.
    Your comment? yes it should be removed.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-09-02 at 09:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    As far as I'm concerned with challengeM added 5 mans are perfectly relevent content and something you could even sell full gold medals through the entire expansion. Easy 200-300k gold.
    I agree and really really hope it pans out like that. I want it to be just as relevant as the rest as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Shockadins are broken atm. No one in their right mind can say this how it should be. This will change in MoP on its own or it will receive nerfs.
    Don't, for one moment, think this ridiculous OP-ness will stand at 90, where it counts.

Also, you people who aren't healers and never intended to heal on your paladins, yet now are shockadins "cuz pro"...I pity you.
    Bah humbug! Let the fun last while it can! Things are made for 90 not 85 or lower levels so we'll see how it pans out. Who knows they still might have a blast.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I was in a bg this morning and the holy pally was top kills (25) and highest damage.

Irritated me a little, but its only going to last for 3 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh yeah, I'm having a blast fighting AGAINST shockadins. They're a flipping one man army in lower level brackets! I'm legitametly doing MORE dps and damage as holy paladin at lvl 77 than as retribution. And not by a SMALL margin. I'm actually critting 20k flipping holy shocks and 19k harsh words. I can't believe Blizzard actually let this go through.
    45k obliterates by a frost dk is insane on 65% pvp resil. But being killed by a holy paladin is even more ridiculous.

I''m at the stage now where im a little bored of absolutely destroying other classes (So this is what its like to be a mage) that I just focus on the other teams shockadins. Becoming more of a "shockadin slayer" to some effect.

Feels very dragon ball Z ish when 2 geared pallies go head to head throwing denounces and holyshocks at one another

good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Shockadins are broken atm. No one in their right mind can say this how it should be. This will change in MoP on its own or it will receive nerfs.
    Don't, for one moment, think this ridiculous OP-ness will stand at 90, where it counts.

Also, you people who aren't healers and never intended to heal on your paladins, yet now are shockadins "cuz pro"...I pity you.
    It's tuned for 90 or did that memo not get out?

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 03:12 AM ----------

Maybe we forgot to put the cover page on that TPS report.

/popcorn enthusiast!

See that?. Nerf bat is comming. Run !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Bah humbug! Let the fun last while it can! Things are made for 90 not 85 or lower levels so we'll see how it pans out. Who knows they still might have a blast.
    Well, I made a transfer and want to level at least 2 chars before 5.1. OPness level of pallies on low level brackets is plain ridiculous. I'd pay 15 dollars / month for enjoying the game not for beeing oneshooted by healers with crappy gear.

Do not try to justify yourselves, most of you surely said s**t about frost mages and rogues on Cata, but now Hpallies are ok. Hypocrits.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster; 2012-09-03 at 06:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster View Post
    See that?. Nerf bat is comming. Run !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I made a transfer and want to level at least 2 chars before 5.1. OPness level of pallies on low level brackets is plain ridiculous. I'd pay 15 dollars / month for enjoying the game not for beeing oneshooted by healers with crappy gear.

Do not try to justify yourselves, most of you surely said s**t about frost mages and rogues on Cata, but now Hpallies are ok. Hypocrits.
    I don't see how this is stopping you from leveling your characters. I'm sorry. If there is any way we can help though, please tell the community. And refrain from all the slinging you're doing.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

i like the fact they are giving healers more offensive options so that they aren't just heal bots in arena.

I think they like how disc works in pvp and they want all healers to have some of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i like the fact they are giving healers more offensive options so that they aren't just heal bots in arena.

I think they like how disc works in pvp and they want all healers to have some of that.
    It is, however, too dangerous to make healers very offensive. Healing is already a very powerful "mechanic", if you give the same player the ability to heal well and dps well than all dps classes slowly become obsolete. Its the same as making tank specs making a lot of damage, it becomes unbalanced very soon.

I really enjoy spamming Holy Shock and Harsh Words in a random BG and dropping everything in sight, but I can see why the people on the other end of the shock wouldn't be pleased. The last time I died was before 5.0.4, and it is admittedly pretty ridiculous. Being able to do some damage is one thing, but dropping every other class and still being able to throw out 2 heals to full health is less than fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn!! I Though it was OP without the glyph. Bought it for 400g and the one that reduces Denounce cast time by 1 second.. soo fun! I got 17 killing blows 0 deaths top damage in Isle of Conq :P

Taking on 3 enemies at once, its going to get nerfed no doubt so im making the most of it now and getting my 400g out of it :P

I will be happy after this is nerfed, pvp is broken... Over half the bg roster in some cases is holy paladins, and they queue for dps in dungeons as holy.

I feel sorry for the lock community, they tanked a dungeon in beta and blizzard nerfed quickly and were all over the forums how this was not intended. Paladins have almost become an rdps class and not a nerf in sight.

Deleted
    I would be ashamed to play Hpala atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I will be happy after this is nerfed, pvp is broken... Over half the bg roster in some cases is holy paladins, and they queue for dps in dungeons as holy.

I feel sorry for the lock community, they tanked a dungeon in beta and blizzard nerfed quickly and were all over the forums how this was not intended. Paladins have almost become an rdps class and not a nerf in sight.
    But its so fun, I'm not that geared and in LFD I'm usually second on dps, and I went into a 10 man DS, we full cleared, and many bosses I was 3rd on dps as holy, ilvl 377.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gneaper View Post
    Please enlighten us to your class, I'm curious.

/popcorn enthusiast!

Quote Originally Posted by Gneaper View Post
    Really?

I think most are having stupendous amounts of fun in this temporary period of OPness.

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    It is, however, too dangerous to make healers very offensive. Healing is already a very powerful "mechanic", if you give the same player the ability to heal well and dps well than all dps classes slowly become obsolete. Its the same as making tank specs making a lot of damage, it becomes unbalanced very soon.
    At Level 90 a Holy Paladin does not do comparable dps to a dps spec. Not even close. They do more dps than now, but then, every dps class out there has been laced with healing options, so it makes sense to dish out some dps options to the healers.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You shut your mouth >.>

Some people have been wanting Shockadins to make a comeback ever since the were nerfed out of existence. While I can agree that the damage is just a wee bit insane right now (How the HELL did that make it through beta?) I don't think it needs to be nerfed all THAT much. Shockadin is such a niche spec, and doesn't really have much of a role in the raiding scene. It's definitely powerful in PvP though. Regardless of where it works, it's still insanely fun to play :-)
    Making a comeback isn't the same as the cheat code style of play they have right now. They are out dpsing some dps specs or classes as a healer spec. If that is what you want in your game then you are in trouble mmos dont let freakishly over powered or poorly tuned classes last for long.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Making a comeback isn't the same as the cheat code style of play they have right now. They are out dpsing some dps specs or classes as a healer spec. If that is what you want in your game then you are in trouble mmos dont let freakishly over powered or poorly tuned classes last for long.
    Which classes on paper can a HPally out dps? I would argue none and you just have some really good pallies out there that are maximizing their rotations in a stand and spam fight. Same as any other class versus class argument, there are simply better players out there.

/popcorn enthusiast!