Thread: Shockadin

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shockadin

Anyone else having a blast with the new Shockadin glyphs?

Never had so much fun in bgs and duels. LOL

/popcorn enthusiast!

What glyph? please tell more. I'm lost

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Holy Shock + Glyph of Harsh Words

You can throw in the Glyph of Denounce if you want, but can use Glyph of Blessed Life as well.

Talent wise, you can go with Selfless healer for a free FoL every 3rd Judgment and Burden of Guilt to keep melee at bay. I find Sanctified Wrath a great CD to burst down anyone since it drops the CD of Holy Shock in half during Wings. With Holy Shocks critting for 50-60k in full pvp gear, you won't have a hard time downing much.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Rege; 2012-08-29 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Derped the talent

/popcorn enthusiast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rege View Post
    I find Holy Avenger a great CD to burst down anyone since it drops the CD of Holy Shock in half during Wings. With Holy Shocks critting for 50-60k in full pvp gear, you won't have a hard time downing much.

Enjoy.
    It's Sanctified wrath talent, not holy avenger one that cuts Holy shock CD in half during avenging wrath

But yes, shockadins are fun now. Unfortunately only realy dangerous when avenging wrath cooldown is ready, but can't complain for the laughs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    It's Sanctified wrath talent, not holy avenger one that cuts Holy shock CD in half during avenging wrath

But yes, shockadins are fun now. Unfortunately only realy dangerous when avenging wrath cooldown is ready, but can't complain for the laughs
    Yeah, I derped the talented. Fixed.

And yes, it's awesome when someone engages you and stops dead when you hit them for ~75K in a couple GCDs. LOL
    Last edited by Rege; 2012-08-29 at 08:13 PM.

/popcorn enthusiast!

Glyphed holy shock oneshots elite dungeon mobs and people in BGs at low levels now, at least up to the mid lvl 60s. Holy pally is now by far the strongest low lvl dps spec. Is this...intended?

i haven't even glyphed for it and i'm having a blast, much prefer sacred shield over selfless healer though as thats damage i don't have to heal up (and hell my shields are like 10k every 6 seconds) also specced holy avenger though i keep forgetting i have it.

one thing i've noticed is most people don't seem to want to waste an interrupt on denounce allowing me to just free cast it. but yeah its so much fun standing still against a mage then watching him turn around because he is doing no damage to me yet i've almost killed them. same with melee, ret pallies been the best (sorry my ret brothers) watching them pop all there cooldowns hoping for some nice crits then been unable to crit at all thanks to denounce.

overall those its damn good to have shockadin back

Having so much fun atm. Its a refreshing change when getting hit to actually hit back... and hit back damn hard

Just curious, would Holy Avenger be better with WoG Glyph? or Sanctified Wrath for bursty purposes?

Deleted
    I'll tell you who isnt having fun:

Everyone who doesn't play a holy paladin and has to face them in pvp:/

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it gets fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Hopefully it gets fixed
    You shut your mouth >.>

Some people have been wanting Shockadins to make a comeback ever since the were nerfed out of existence. While I can agree that the damage is just a wee bit insane right now (How the HELL did that make it through beta?) I don't think it needs to be nerfed all THAT much. Shockadin is such a niche spec, and doesn't really have much of a role in the raiding scene. It's definitely powerful in PvP though. Regardless of where it works, it's still insanely fun to play :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You shut your mouth >.>

Some people have been wanting Shockadins to make a comeback ever since the were nerfed out of existence. While I can agree that the damage is just a wee bit insane right now (How the HELL did that make it through beta?) I don't think it needs to be nerfed all THAT much. Shockadin is such a niche spec, and doesn't really have much of a role in the raiding scene. It's definitely powerful in PvP though. Regardless of where it works, it's still insanely fun to play :-)
    Go have fun with playing a Shockadin yourself.

Let's avoid insulting others, okay? - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-08-30 at 11:26 AM.

Its absolutely retarded right now, a healer is suppose to be just that. I understand doing some damage but they are literally just destroying people.

I made a druid and I'm at 24, holy paladins are topping damage and takes 4 or 5 to kill them, its making the game so horrible to play right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyry View Post
    Glyphed holy shock oneshots elite dungeon mobs and people in BGs at low levels now, at least up to the mid lvl 60s. Holy pally is now by far the strongest low lvl dps spec. Is this...intended?
    No. Not intended, and while I do hope it doesn't get "fixed" hopefully it doesn't remain in such a wreak havoc state. I wish I had the patience to play around with it.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

i was 2nd in killing blows on Sota 4th or 5th in damage done. Lots of fun but the people who get owned must be pissed off like hell

Deleted
    Having so much fun atm. Its a refreshing change when getting hit to actually hit back... and hit back damn hard

Just curious, would Holy Avenger be better with WoG Glyph? or Sanctified Wrath for bursty purposes?
    I am sure that Holy Avenger with Harsh Words Glyph is better than Sanctified Wrath. It's an additional cooldown... and though i am just leveling my Shockadin (I actually started before the patch since i did theorycrafting and was sure that this was gonna happen ) you can pop them at the same time... you are going to do 1.3*1.2 = 1.56 times the damage with Holy Shock (Because Holy Avenger gives additional 30% damage/healing to holy power generators) ... and my theorycrafting suggests that Harsh Words hits like a truck (Glyph prices have exploded on my server...). Plus the cooldown on Holy Avenger is lower than the one on Sanctified Wrath, so you can even use it more often.

One thing to keep in mind though: Shockadins don't scale well with haste. If you use Guardian of the Ancient Kings and Seal of Insight at the same time (to get the 40% haste buff of GotAK by casting 4 healing spells)... you are already bound by the global cooldown of 1sec. Additional haste does not bring any dps benefits to either Holy Shock or Denounce in that state and using Crusader Strike (which would scale with haste) for Holy Power is just not worth it. It's a dps loss. (Ok MAYBE if you got a REALLY big weapon with HIGH dps numbers and its two handed AND gives you spell-power... no, not gonna happen)
    The only time i could imagine using Crusader Strike is through Holy Avenger... like HS -> WoG3 -> CS -> WoG3 -> D -> Repeat... But i think i theorycrafted that too and i think it also was an overall dps loss... (The damage of WoG3 cannot make up for the damage of CS, it would be more efficient to just Denounce twice) but it does make your damage spikier i guess. However you have to be in melee range... nah i don't think it is worth it running after the enemies. Too much trouble for too less gain.

With Crits now making 2x damage and haste being devalued by the global cooldown problem i mentioned earlier... Crit rating becomes a lot more attractive than it was before.

For damage over a longer period of time you are going to need quite a bit of Spirit... but less than a healer. If anybody is interested, i have done some calculations on "Spirits Caps" for Healing Paladins and Shockadin (Including highly unprobable situations like FoL spam - how long do you last with X amount of spirit - by the way since mana pools are static now you can just put it as a percentage of your overall mana pool which never changes). It's not finished yet, but I can say however, that you need much more Spirit than you need would need Hit Rating (for the 15% we get for free through our specialization) for damage over longer periods of time. (I am talking about like 5 minutes or longer without movement) Hit Rating and Spirit still have the same item budget values?

I hope that wasn't too long... (I got carried away)
    Greetings, TheJan.

meh I wouldn't bet on it being like this at 90

Deleted
    I've been around for 8 years and when a new expansion launches, the patch before the expansion (with new talents/abilities but still on old content) its a transitory step and there are always some specs wich are completely unbalanced.

Blizzard will state that what is number one priority is balance at the next max level, and only after a couple months they'll go back and balance the lower levels, so i expect holy paladins to have at least 2 months of this lower level brackets' supremacy.

I still remember a couple of years back retribution paladins were so OP they were impossible to kill and were killing everyone in 3 globals, until the expansion hit and everyone was max level again...

About holy paladins, its actualy not all that hard to counter us, people just need to understand how we work and how we make that so much damage. People need to burst us to make us go into defensive mode so that we use our holy power to heal and our holy shock to self heal if we are low on HP. After that we are realy only dangerous when we have our wings out. Oponents need to control us when we have it up and reserve their survival cooldowns to line up with our wings. If we can't kill an oponent with the duration of our wings out and we are forced into using holy power to self heal, we are done.

But, if the oponent has no clue or tries to kill us slowly thinking "he's a healer he'll go OOM" or "he's a healer he has no DPS", everyone will go down that way.

I am having a BLAST, probably the most fun I've had in WoW in at least a YEAR. I don't care if it makes other people rage at how OP I am, because I've been getting roflstomped for months now. Karma. Lets see how YOU like it when YOU'RE the one getting farmed.

Deleted
    About holy paladins, its actualy not all that hard to counter us, people just need to understand how we work and how we make that so much damage. People need to burst us to make us go into defensive mode so that we use our holy power to heal and our holy shock to self heal if we are low on HP. After that we are realy only dangerous when we have our wings out. Oponents need to control us when we have it up and reserve their survival cooldowns to line up with our wings. If we can't kill an oponent with the duration of our wings out and we are forced into using holy power to self heal, we are done.
    True, and they are really vulnerable to lockouts. We only got 1 spell school. 1 Lockout and we stand there doing nothing, and wings don't help.