Thread: Shockadin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This needs to get fixed...holy paladins were insanely overpowered even before the patch and now theyr just plain hereci...a plate geared shield wearing healer who can burst people better then its own dps spec while dealing TONS of healing at the same time..and no lockout wont help since its only 4 seconds and the cooldown is 15 seconds and dont tell me you will die during the 4 seconds becouse thats not true...not saying they shouldent have damage,let them have damage during leveling and during pvp but not much only little becouse theyr a healer not a dmg spec....if i go pvp now and see a holy paladin its alot more time saving to just complete ignore his existance but that will kill you nontheless.

Deleted
    lol if one thinks those numbers will be kept, had an eos on wednesday and a holy paladin was 4th on the scoreboard in damage dealt with 4 million. i was barely able to be atop of him, and he critted me with 35k.I play full geared t2 shadow priest without legendary or cunning (thus max pvp defense). anyway, though the damage is too high, paladins are rough to bring down and having fun at bgs...its okay since it is the pre-exp patch, who cares. shadows got a slice of the cake aswell : P

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You shut your mouth >.>

Some people have been wanting Shockadins to make a comeback ever since the were nerfed out of existence. While I can agree that the damage is just a wee bit insane right now (How the HELL did that make it through beta?) I don't think it needs to be nerfed all THAT much. Shockadin is such a niche spec, and doesn't really have much of a role in the raiding scene. It's definitely powerful in PvP though. Regardless of where it works, it's still insanely fun to play :-)
    I can deduct you never played vanilla so shut up with the shockadin stuff. They're out of hand, they need a 80% dmg nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    I am having a BLAST, probably the most fun I've had in WoW in at least a YEAR. I don't care if it makes other people rage at how OP I am, because I've been getting roflstomped for months now. Karma. Lets see how YOU like it when YOU'RE the one getting farmed.
    Getting "revenge" on strangers in WoW makes about as much sense as going back to your old high school 10 years later and beating up kids, because you were bullied back when you were enrolled.

If there's one thing I wish for with the next class change, it's that holy paladins are nerfed into oblivion, not only shattering any shockadin dreams, but also leaving them so weak that they're vote kicked from dungeons when trying to heal, and abused by the most casual of battleground players for having the gall weigh down their side. And when the hpallies cry out "Ghostcrawler, why hath thou forsaken us?", he will merely answer "Ssateneth from MMO Champion".

Then, all of the lost healing and damage capabilities will be rolled into the frost mage rotation.
    Last edited by Ryve; 2012-08-30 at 02:36 PM.

What about the +spellhit issue?

After the patch i got 0 hit, cant do any sort of dmg at all, glyph of harsh words doesnt work.... anyone know if its a bug or have i missed something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You shut your mouth >.>

Some people have been wanting Shockadins to make a comeback ever since the were nerfed out of existence. While I can agree that the damage is just a wee bit insane right now (How the HELL did that make it through beta?) I don't think it needs to be nerfed all THAT much. Shockadin is such a niche spec, and doesn't really have much of a role in the raiding scene. It's definitely powerful in PvP though. Regardless of where it works, it's still insanely fun to play :-)
    It is out of balance. That is the only reason you think it is fun. It is completely face roll and requires no skill to be a shockadin in pvp right now. Healing specs should not be able to put out that kind of damage just like the hybrid dps specs shouldn't have as much healing as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJan View Post
    True, and they are really vulnerable to lockouts. We only got 1 spell school. 1 Lockout and we stand there doing nothing, and wings don't help.

So bad players who can't juke will die in lockouts. That isn't exactly balancing.

And I am saying this as a holy paladin. This crap needs nerfed. I know blizzard probably won't do it for a while though.
    Last edited by Freia; 2012-08-30 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    Alright, what about those shockadin insane burst videos i've seen yet? Is this working now and is shock back?
    Would be insanely nice to see some more diversity in pvp...

It is pretty fucking stupid at 85 at the moment.

Having holy paladins actually try to chase you down, knowing the fact they are nigh invincible 1v1 healer wise, and have higher burst than some DPS classes, is just so wrong.

Getting Crit for 37k by holyshock followed by Offensive WoG and Denounce spam(which makes players unablle to crit, leading to making them even harder to kill), by a holy pally without wings up, and no damage buffs, through 67% Resil. yeah no thank you.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    About holy paladins, its actualy not all that hard to counter us, people just need to understand how we work and how we make that so much damage. People need to burst us to make us go into defensive mode so that we use our holy power to heal and our holy shock to self heal if we are low on HP. After that we are realy only dangerous when we have our wings out. Oponents need to control us when we have it up and reserve their survival cooldowns to line up with our wings. If we can't kill an oponent with the duration of our wings out and we are forced into using holy power to self heal, we are done.
    I'm also finding it tough against lock and S Priests talented for the extra fears. But yes, burst is definitely the biggest counter atm.

Side note: Did they really need to give fear classes ANOTHER fear? Between Psy Fiend and Blood Fear, going against a lock or S Priest has me feared all over the map for most of the encounter.

/popcorn enthusiast!

Deleted
    So bad players who can't juke will die in lockouts. That isn't exactly balancing.
    A juke is when you "joke a nuke" to provoke a counterspell which goes into nothing right?
    I forgot about that. You are right.

And I am saying this as a holy paladin. This crap needs nerfed. I know blizzard probably won't do it for a while though.
    I never said it wasn't overpowered I only hinted that everyone who took a look at the scaling numbers from SP and the base damage of holy shock glyphed plus the scaling numbers of Denounce could have seen this coming. Fire up the MMO-Champion Talent calculator, write them down (holy shock *1,5 because of the glyph) divided through their cast time (=1,5) and compare them to the numbers you are seeing on the mage spells Frostfire bolt, Frostbolt and Fireball divided through their cast time.

The thing is Blizzard tries to balance it with increased mana costs and therefore the need for high amounts of Spirit for longer periods of time (therefore fewer item bugdet for damage stats - lowering your damage, and every bit of haste increases your need for Spirit. This is not the case for normal casters, which have built-in mana regen mechanics that scale with haste. It is also very different than what haste means for healers, since healers can switch to DL for example instead of FoLing or use HL more often because of higher throughput. This lowers their mana consumption and therefore means that Haste does not always equal more mana consumption per minute for them)
    In BGs this doesn't work because you will never be able to burn through your mana quickly enough for this to take effect. Fights rarely take more than 1-2 minutes. And if they do take longer, you are revived in 15 seconds with full mana back (a lot faster than you could have regnerated it)

EDIT: I too have the feeling that this is heavily unbalanced.
    Last edited by mmoc811a956fbc; 2012-08-30 at 04:23 PM.

Questing? Forget Ret! I think the intent was to be able to modify Holy so that they could do some decent dps while questing without being forced to go Ret.

Goodby Ret 2nd spec, hello prot!

It does sound pretty crazy in PvP atm though. Maybe it balances out at 90? *shrug*
    Last edited by JonBoy2001; 2012-08-30 at 04:29 PM.
    Moo.

top damage top healing

enjoy it while it lasts guys

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    I am having a BLAST, probably the most fun I've had in WoW in at least a YEAR. I don't care if it makes other people rage at how OP I am, because I've been getting roflstomped for months now. Karma. Lets see how YOU like it when YOU'RE the one getting farmed.
    You are pretty bad if you were getting roflstomped as a holy paladin. They were good before. This is not deserved nor balanced. You have not had this coming. It will be taken away from you. Its called fotm.

i have killed sooooooo many shockadins over the past few days. they are too busy denouncing (lol jk kicked! learn to fake cast!) and holyshocking and woging me they forget to heal and die in a stun

seriously guys. just stop. you are bad.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-08-30 at 05:35 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i have killed sooooooo many shockadins over the past few days. they are too busy denouncing (lol jk kicked! learn to fake cast!) and holyshocking and woging me they forget to heal and die in a stun

seriously guys. just stop. you are bad.
    Or you just fought Bad shockadins. You obviously have not come across a good one that knows what he is doing.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Or you just fought Bad shockadins. You obviously have not come across a good one that knows what he is doing.
    there is no such thing as a good shockadin who knows what he is doing.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-08-30 at 06:45 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    there is no such thing as a good shockadin who knows what he is doing.
    pretty sure there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    pretty sure there is.
    people keep telling me there are skilled hunters too. but i have yet to meet them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stay on topic, please.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Haven't lost to a single shockadin yet, don't see what the big deal is.