Thread: Fury Healing

10+ Year Old Account

Fury Healing

So, Bloodthirst seems to have been changed from 6% every 4 seconds to 1% every 4.5. With Impending Victory on a 30s cooldown and only doing 10%, it feels like even farming Heroic BC content takes a long longer, simply due to lack of healing.

Am I missing something here?

I think you are missing Second Wind.

Deleted
    I'm not really getting it either tbh. Seems like self healing has become extremely weak now..

I mean, yeah Impending Victory is a nice thing to have and all, but the rest of the time you're just burning down your health waiting for the CD to end. So much for "To create a more Blood Death Knight like gameplay for a DPS class" huh? =)

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Breshone View Post
    I think you are missing Second Wind.
    Second wind is nice indeed. I've taken that aswell since.. 3% is not bad, especially when farming old content means you'll never die! xD But the guy clearly stated he preffered Impending Victory which means he don't have Second Wind and - correct me if I'm wrong - it was'nt supposed to be about which talent you chose but they would all be equally viable etc. etc... Just does'nt seem like it when Impending Victory is not exactly as strong an option as Second Wind is.

Especially with the reduced healing on Bloodthirst right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly took Impending Victory, not realizing that Bloodthirst's healing was reduced so drastically.

Also, I only glanced at Second Wind, and thought it acted the same as old similar heals, as in "Heals 3% per second for X seconds, cannot occur more that once per ___ time" I should have read it more carefully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I honestly took Impending Victory, not realizing that Bloodthirst's healing was reduced so drastically.

Also, I only glanced at Second Wind, and thought it acted the same as old similar heals, as in "Heals 3% per second for X seconds, cannot occur more that once per ___ time" I should have read it more carefully.
    Yeah, taking Impending Victory is almost rediculous right now with Second Wind being a bit too efficient and Impending Victory being way too inefficient. They'll come around to balancing it out, but untill then - you're stuck with a passive :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're exaggerating a bit it's been nerfed but it's not a 6% vs 1% disparity. Don't recall how the bonuses stacked from the glyph (40% bonus) and Field Dressing (20%) but either way it was basically a .8% (or .84% but I'm going with .8 because it's easier and I'm tired) heal for your next three successful attacks, potentially a 2.4% heal in those three seconds before you hit BT again, is 4.8% at the absolute most you can get out of it in 4.5 seconds. Now it's just a single heal now that maxes out at 2% with the glyph every 4.5 seconds, resulting in 4% in that same time frame. It's like a 17%-20ish% nerf if you got all the ticks in but that amounts to .8% less healing being done, 1.04% using .84% as the amount healed. Hardly Fury breaking and more than made up with the new version of Healing Wind but who wants to stay at 35% and less? There's still A LOT of old stuff that can easily kill with that heal ticking currently, it will be much better when we're 90 and geared and yeah the effective healing of Enraged Regen and Impending Victory are kind of lacking but they clearly aren't designing the talents around dungeon/raid soloing. BT wasn't all that good of a heal anyway compared to other classes now it's a little worse now and perhaps it could use a small buff.

We did lose Blood Craze (or got absorbed into the new SW if you will) but that wasn't all that good either, it flat out sucked and Enraged Regen as a learned ability will be missed too I guess you could easily say our self healing got nerfed when above 35% because it did but it isn't like our self heals on live were exactly amazing to begin with. Second Wind makes up for it, not so much the others when it comes to soloing and the fact that it only works below 35% leaves us very vulnerable currently though we're definitely tougher to kill 1on1 in PVP due to SW from what little testing I did. I wouldn't complain about a buff to BT's heal but it'll depend on how things go at 90, not at 85.. Prot is still going to be a better soloer, maybe even more so now.

Maybe I'm forgetting or I'm missing something else as I'm in dire need of sleep... *shrug* I'm trailing off and rambling. >_<