Deleted

Unable to open archive file

I am having trouble installing Guild Wars 2. I tried using the DVD and then tried the download tool on there website but when I click to run GwSetup.exe, it comes up with an error message saying:

"Unable To Open Archive File

Guild Wars 2 is unable to access its archive file Local.dat.
    Please verify that this file is accessible and writeable, and that
    no other program is currently using it."

The issue is, I don't have a local.dat because the installer hasn't even started before I get this message. I've tried it as an administrator still not worked, not sure what else to try. I've been at this for two days with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you're installing it into a directory you have full permissions to in addition to running as administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    I've tried the advise on the other page but that didn't work.

Also I cannot even choose what directory I can install it into because as soon as I load the disc it comes up with the said problem and the same thing happens when I try to load the GW2setup file from the website, which is the same file on the disc.

I can not get the set up to even work.

Did you previously have the client installed (for a bwe or something)? If so, check for a local.dat, it might be in your documents folder. If you've never had the client, then this issue shouldn't happen (unless some other program happens to make a local.dat in the exact same spot as the default GW2 local.dat file...which is only used as a temporary file)

Deleted
    I do not remember having it previously installed but I could have tried to download it for the beta at some point. I have looked for the local.dat file and even tried searching from the start bar but cannot find it. Any idea how to locate it, if I do have it ?

Well, I use a program called Everything, but the generic windows search function should help...I'm not certain where the default location is, and unfortunately am not at any of my home computers to check.

Deleted
    I've downloaded the program Everything just to be sure and still cannot find any files under 'local.dat' or guildwars 2. Losing hope...