Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    I've recently been using HA instead of DP due to better cooldown management. I actually think Protectors and Garalon are decent places to use it because of the consistent damage. I think HA is quite flexible in terms of whether you want to use it to heal one person or heal the raid. On Garalon, I think it's good for healing the raid back up after a crush, or in protectors better for the second part when everyone has the dot (normal). In some part it also depends on who your other healers are. We were missing our disc priest the day I tried it out on all the bosses and it may be a lot of overhealing when he's back

  2. #202
    Yeah I tried DP on garalon but ended up going back to HA after a few attempts.... idk I just didn't like it. I might try it on protectors as suggested.
    Thanks for the advice guys.

  3. #203
    I disagree with a few other posters - I find HA to be a very weak talent choice on most fights. Generally, there simply isnt enough damage going out to warrant it. If I were to take it on H Garalon, the raid would be at full health halfway through the cooldown. I did use HA for our recent H Lei Shi kill because while we were learning it we would sometimes get quite long 'Get Away' phases, but actually once our fog-stackers were able to keep the debuff on the boss perfectly, my HA was mostly wasted because the phase ended in about 6 seconds.

    I have found myself using HA as a mana-saver, just casting HS with it to get a few virtually free EFs, but over the course of a fight, DP will save considerably more mana.

    I could imagine using HA on H Blade Lord if our discipline priest isnt there, but even that would be overkill and lose me DP for the rest of the fight which would suck.

  4. #204
    What kind of spirit level is everyone sitting at? It seemed to me that at 10.5k Horridon wasn't quite mana intensive enough, and I was capping at 100% mana at several points in the fight while still topping charts by a decent margin.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by LSPrimigenia View Post
    What kind of spirit level is everyone sitting at? It seemed to me that at 10.5k Horridon wasn't quite mana intensive enough, and I was capping at 100% mana at several points in the fight while still topping charts by a decent margin.
    contextualize your statement if you want relevent feedback;

    I assume you one shot the fight? If not, and you're referring to it executed perfectly, yes its probably quite easy to heal when done perfectly
    Were you dispelling? dispelling on cooldown is pretty mana intensive
    Is that 10.5k unbuffed, and if so do you have spirit proc trinkets?
    Were you 3 healing? Were you DPlea-ing and potting? Did you get innervate? do you have priests for mana hymn
    How much healing were you doing while 'topping charts'?
    10 or 25man? Were your other healers at full mana too? What healing style were you using? (shock and EF only?)


    I found horridon EXTREMELY mana intensive, I actually went oom as we entered the last phase, but was able to plea and put out enough healing to finish the fight. We didn't execute it very well, obviously.

  6. #206
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,025
    Horridon on normal mode if I remember is not supposed to be a very hard/gear-check type fight (we don't raid on Tuesdays so I haven't done this fight yet).

    I run with 13k spirit, and on T14 content I had very little mana troubles. Definitely good mana management makes a huge difference, more than gear does.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Horridon on normal mode if I remember is not supposed to be a very hard/gear-check type fight (we don't raid on Tuesdays so I haven't done this fight yet).

    I run with 13k spirit, and on T14 content I had very little mana troubles. Definitely good mana management makes a huge difference, more than gear does.
    It's the dispels that will eat your mana as much as the healing. We had an awful time with the poison gate.

    Side note, Light's Hammer benefits from mastery now. I didn't check to see if it benefits from haste now.

  8. #208
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    It's the dispels that will eat your mana as much as the healing. We had an awful time with the poison gate.

    Side note, Light's Hammer benefits from mastery now. I didn't check to see if it benefits from haste now.
    *Light's Hammer doesn't benefit from haste, but it seems to tick 9 times instead of 8 baseline.

  9. #209
    LOL was messing with my fellow healers last night telling them that LH now applied mastery- I *thought* I was just messing with them!

    When was this changed? I thought I tested it on PTR and it still wasn't applying mastery, but that was pretty early in the PTR. How did I miss this!? Removes one of the few drawbacks of mastery.

  10. #210
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    When was this changed? I thought I tested it on PTR and it still wasn't applying mastery, but that was pretty early in the PTR. How did I miss this!? Removes one of the few drawbacks of mastery.
    I'm not even sure, I didn't even know that it did until I read it, and saw it for myself. That might explain though, why it seemed to be doing almost uncharacteristically well last night.

  11. #211
    Epic! Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    I disagree with a few other posters - I find HA to be a very weak talent choice on most fights. Generally, there simply isnt enough damage going out to warrant it. If I were to take it on H Garalon, the raid would be at full health halfway through the cooldown. I did use HA for our recent H Lei Shi kill because while we were learning it we would sometimes get quite long 'Get Away' phases, but actually once our fog-stackers were able to keep the debuff on the boss perfectly, my HA was mostly wasted because the phase ended in about 6 seconds.

    I have found myself using HA as a mana-saver, just casting HS with it to get a few virtually free EFs, but over the course of a fight, DP will save considerably more mana.

    I could imagine using HA on H Blade Lord if our discipline priest isnt there, but even that would be overkill and lose me DP for the rest of the fight which would suck.
    Holy Avenger isn't weak at all. You just have to know how to use it. I have definitely found myself switching to it on some fights this tier (so far 6/12 25m).

  12. #212
    I'm hitting 15k spirit with food buff now and am often running low will likely switch out some spirit gems before raid tomorrow

  13. #213
    Sitting on 12k Spirit with flask, I did run OOM on Horridon. 10man - 2 heal together with a Monk who was going OOM even faster. I was dispelling on CD for 3 phases long so ye, mana didn't keep up. Was OOM right as Jalak died. Managed to Dplea and trinket up some mana and finish the fight with just Holy Shock / Holy Light very lightly. Tank died and had to be BRess'd tho.

  14. #214
    Worth noting, and it was mentioned in another thread, that Holy Prism seems to have got a range bounce buff too. I was using it on Horridon because LH seemed useless there and the range definitely seemed bigger.

    Edit: Starting to wonder if this was just mob hit circles now actually.
    Last edited by Pasture; 2013-03-11 at 08:16 PM.

  15. #215
    I used Holy Prism on Horridon and it was actually quite handy. A lot of random dmg going around, but people aren't stacked enough for Hammer.

  16. #216
    Epic! Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,732
    Yep holy prism is nice. It did a lot of healing when I tried it in my run yesterday.

  17. #217

    Hpally -- 4 pc T14 (496-type) to T15 transition

    Guys/Gals,

    Just trying to get a sense of when most will be switching from say the 496 T14 to either the 2 or 4 pc 522 T15. Another way to put it would be at what avg ilvl (say 3-4 ilvl 522 pieces?) would you recommend switching off the set bonus for the stats? Currently, I'm counting out the LFR version of T15 pieces (got the gloves yesterday, though) as I just recently picked up the 496 set...gg RNG.

    I saw a couple posts of "almost never" given the 2pc isn't that pretty...so not sure.

    Here is my armory as well, in case anyone has any current gear suggestions/changes.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jaliant/simple

    Thanks for the help!

    Vr
    Jal
    Last edited by Jalient; 2013-03-13 at 05:41 PM.

  18. #218
    Personally I'm sticking with the never answer, I'm still having enough mana issues to warrant using Holy Shock on a 4 second cooldown

  19. #219
    Once you get the 4 set for 522 with the off piece being chest, I think you can try it out and see what the difference is. I think at that point the gear level will be enough to offset it at least. Don't switch out for LFR.

  20. #220
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    201
    Thank you very much for writing this guide. I have one remeaining question mark though. According to the guide Sacred Shield and Eternal Flame are both valid options. How ever, most of the people discussing this thread seem to be using Eternal Flame. Is this a pure throughput decision? Not sure about this but I would assume that a 30 second hot mostly ends up as overhealing in most cases.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •