So, we're obviously not happy about Paladins in 5.3 and so far on 5.4 ptr. So what issues need to be addressed? For me:
- HP generation. 4 second Holy Shock just felt right. There was a time when it seemed too strong but I don't think that's the case now.
- Punitive mechanics. I just don't see why Divine Plea and Hand of Sacrifice need downsides. Other tank externals don't and mana cooldowns (aside from priest hymn but that's a raid cooldown) generally don't. Ditch them.
- EF tier. Make EF baseline for Holy (balancing around it is an impossible job within the tier). Shove something else in that tier. If all else fails get rid of EF entirely and increase our spread raid healing options some other way.
- Do something with Stay of Execution. I don't know what. Just something.
- Allow Holy some additional bonus to Aura Mastery. Making it physical too wouldn't be the end of the world.
- Beacon overhealing. Not as bad in 10s but ridiculous in 25s. Allow a % of beacon overhealing to be transferred to something else. A shield. A hot. Charge up your next LoD ala Wild Mushrooms.
Not necessary all, but I'd like some of the issues to be addressed.
new to hpala and i've got a question about the tier set from ToT, is it any good compared to the t14 one?
should i try to upgrade my old t14 to t15 set asap?
The T14 used to be far better as bonus but since it was nerfed to 5 seconds you're probably better going for the stat increases of the T15 gear regardless of the tier bonuses.
Alright thanks Xs.
I've got another few new paladin questions, when should i be hitting stuff to get mana back? is it really worth it?
are there any good macros for hitting stuff without having to target manually and autoattacking?
and last question, should i be using crusader strike to build holy points?
I hope im not too much of a bother D:
As far as using the melee side of Holy Palas, you want to make your choice of either setting up mouseover macros for all your abilities or using Clique to bind mouse button presses to heals, either way allows you to target an enemy for auto attacks (theres no way to auto attack a focus target or something) and click on Grid/Healbot/or what ever raid UI you use
Finally, CS is a bit hit and miss, if you're in a low damage phase and your mana is fine then its worth it, but bear in mind it has a fairly high miss chance so you have to factor that into its mana=HoPo ratio
You just have to rotate CDs depending on the fight, some require you to only use Hammer, others can be more efficiently done with Hammer + Wings, or Prism + Wings + Spot healing, but you just have to learn the fight and try to make sure you use them as much as you can
I think what you may have heard was DS HR healing being gone, but that is still definitely our strongest spell for raid healing. If you set up your raid frames to track clusters, you can be sure to cast it on groups of say 3+ and will get more healing out of it that way.
As far as using cds: if there is a damage phase that you feel might be worth a cd, use it. Many paladins make the mistake of saving their cds for so long when they are a huge part of our healing. If you can get 3+ uses out of your cds and learn to time them to big damage phases that skill alone will make you a much better H pally. I also personally prefer to use GoAK early in big AoE phases since it has the longest cd.
Great Guide, it will be useful since I'm now focusing on a Holy Paladin and this is purely what I needed!