Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    hey guys,

just using this thread cauz i dont wanna open a knew for one question: can you guys tell how hard this nerf will be to holy shock?

"Holy Shock now does 1,428 + 136.0% of SP damage, down from 13,040 + 92.5% of SP."

sounds very much on paper, also spcoeffizient got buffed, will it be equal to now with better gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a post somewhere where Ghostcrawler said that most of the changes being put out with the patch were already active and were simply being put into records now. I may be wrong, but I think this may be one of those changes.

Regardless, here is some quick math based on my paladin to compare both forms of damage. My character, with only Blessing of Kings up, has 17,184 SP:

Based on the new HS numbers, my character would do
    1428 + (1.36*17184) = 24798.24 Damage

Now the Old HS numbers
    13,040 + (.925*17184) = 28935.2 Damage

So for my character this is about a 14% nerf on HS damage. Because the scaling was upped by so much though, as our gear gets better it should become a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Miju View Post
    hey guys,

just using this thread cauz i dont wanna open a knew for one question: can you guys tell how hard this nerf will be to holy shock?

"Holy Shock now does 1,428 + 136.0% of SP damage, down from 13,040 + 92.5% of SP."

sounds very much on paper, also spcoeffizient got buffed, will it be equal to now with better gear?
    Remember it's a nerf only to the damage. No effect on the healing.

Also, as mentioned above, it's almost certain this change is already live. We saw a big change in HS damage already and this was almost certainly it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Remember it's a nerf only to the damage. No effect on the healing.

Also, as mentioned above, it's almost certain this change is already live. We saw a big change in HS damage already and this was almost certainly it.
    yeah i know its only dmg, but for me who does mostly pvp the dmg is also important also i think youre right, i rembered like 130k crits last week, this week i couldnt get over like ~100-110k (

10+ Year Old Account
    I wrote up a quick guide for all the bosses in Mogu'shan Vaults HERE.
    I don't think I got very specific, but if anyone has questions on how I've dealt with certain mechanics Ill do my best to answer the questions.

Deleted
    Hey all, just thinking if it is good to go full 320 spirit gems? As I have seen some high end paladins doing that.

Secondary stats are very powerful now. Personally I'm picking up socket bonuses but making sure spirit is in there somewhere. Straight spirit for blue gems, spirit/mastery for yellow and int/spirit for red. The top pallies healing heroics are probably maximising their spirit to increase their longevity in encounters / to allow them to spam more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today I changed my gems to shoot for socket bonuses since my Spirit was very high. If you feel like you're having some mana issues, going straight Spirit in all your sockets can help, but you're also giving up a lot of throughput for it. I would say go for socket bonuses once you feel comfortable with your regeneration.

Been away from the game a long time so this may be a stupid question, but does mastery affect all holy paladin spells? I know it doesn't transfer to beacon, but when I was playing before it didn't affect radiance or LoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know it affects every spell with few exceptions like Sacred Shield and Light's Hammer. I know it definitely does affect Holy Radiance. Im not so sure about Light of Dawn, but I believe that it is affected as well.
    Last edited by Kerfax; 2012-10-19 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerfax View Post
    As far as I know it affects every spell with few exceptions like Sacred Shield. I know it definitely does affect Holy Radiance. Im not so sure about Light of Dawn, but I believe that it is affected as well.
    wow that was a fast response! Thanks ~

Are you guys comfortable with the Spirit > Int > Mastery > haste > crit - distribution?

If so, is there any spirit or int value to be aimed for? Apart from the "get as much as possible" of course.

I'm asking because our Paladin went OOM at stoneguards (normal) when the boss hit 60%. We fucked up a lot, were undergeared and had 2 new tanks to the raid so, yeah tough times for him. I am sure that 90% of his mana problems were due to these things! I just want to make sure that he can perform to his best when we do too. Currently he reforged all secondary-stats (except spirit of course) to mastery which seems OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been running with that stat priority, and I felt comfortable healing normals at about 7k+. I'm currently closer to 11k for Hard modes, but I would say about 8-10k should be more than enough for most normals. A big part of helping him not go OOM is going to be avoiding as much damage as possible. Many of these normal modes aren't easy, and healing is very rough on them if the group isn't careful.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you find info on haste values on Lights Hammer ticks etc put them up.

Deleted
    what do you guys think about the shado-pan VP-Trinket? http://www.wowhead.com/item=89080
    im thinking about to get it this week... is it worth the 1750VP? im currently running the brewfast trinket+scholomance(gandling) hc trinket.
    i wont spend 60k gold on DF-Trinket, so i guess this wont be a bad choice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Best answer I can give you is this post here. Bouch broke down all the trinkets pretty well and I'd advise that you look over it to decide if you want to spend the Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Miju View Post
    what do you guys think about the shado-pan VP-Trinket? http://www.wowhead.com/item=89080
    im thinking about to get it this week... is it worth the 1750VP? im currently running the brewfast trinket+scholomance(gandling) hc trinket.
    i wont spend 60k gold on DF-Trinket, so i guess this wont be a bad choice?
    You may be able to get the DMF trinket cheaper now that the faire is over, if not by buying the trinket, then the individual cards. Herb prices have dropped and b/c the faire is not up, people aren't in such a rush to buy cards, so the supply is increasing while the demand is not.

I have the trash drop trinket that's identical to the Shado-Pan trinket and I like it. The cooldown is short so you can pop it for a burst of mana often.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    somebody can post some math about int vs spirit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerfax View Post
    Best answer I can give you is this post here. Bouch broke down all the trinkets pretty well and I'd advise that you look over it to decide if you want to spend the Valor.
    ty mate!

@karazee
    checked ah and realised it droppt to 35k gold, wow! but the single cards are still there for like 3-6k lol

Deleted
    buy out and sell in during dmf!