Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that EF is really good for that fight. Like you said, most people tend to be spread out for the initial phase and the add phase. That makes it so that HR/ LoD aren't really all that great. I prefer to use EF and just spread the HoT as much as I can on the early phase, especially keeping on it people who have the debuff or are burning down circles. Obviously EF can also work wonders for the last phase with continual spreading of the HoT as well. I haven't really tried an SS build for this fight, so I'm not really sure how effective it would be to try to heal through the damage presented with LoD instead of EF.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Tbh my healing breakdown is pretty similar. You're getting slightly more mileage out of EF but I'm not using the pvp 4pc so probably to be expected. I think the fact you're running a disc/shaman is probably catering to this playstyle better. I'm running holy/druid, with the Holy doing great spread healing with PoM, Cascade and Divine Hymn and the dudu just with hotting / tranq.

I expect my healing will come into its own on the final stacked phase but it feels like I just can't compete in a HolyPriest / RestoDruid setup when it comes to responding to the Sonic Bursts on an unstacked group. We just seem really ill equipped for that scenario, especially when put against alternating Divine Hymn / Tranq.

10+ Year Old Account
    With that make up I think you need to go for a more single target focus healing strategy. A Holy Priest and Resto druid are great at consistent raid healing, but there's not much burst there. Thats where you should be focusing. Make up for their playstyle weaknesses and go for a LoD HA build to be able to burst as strongly as possible.

Also, don't stress over HPS. If everyone stays alive then HPS doesn't mean anything. Yea, its nice to be high on the meters but they also don't matter if you succeed at your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerfax View Post
    Also, don't stress over HPS. If everyone stays alive then HPS doesn't mean anything. Yea, its nice to be high on the meters but they also don't matter if you succeed at your job.
    Indeed, the only sections that matter are the ones you can analyse to make sure you're healing at 100% of your personal ability, like over healing + power/buff gains

First round of 5.2 class changes are out. Looks like a slight nerf to mastery and a buff to Light of Dawn. The other interesting change is to Hand of Purity which makes it a 10% external in addition to the dot reduction. A positive change to the talent tier. Mostly it looks like we're being left alone though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    First round of 5.2 class changes are out. Looks like a slight nerf to mastery and a buff to Light of Dawn. The other interesting change is to Hand of Purity which makes it a 10% external in addition to the dot reduction. A positive change to the talent tier. Mostly it looks like we're being left alone though.
    The buff to LOD is a tooltip update from the hotfix I think.
    The mastery nerf sucks major balls, on the other hand
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    The buff to LOD is a tooltip update from the hotfix I think.
    The mastery nerf sucks major balls, on the other hand
    I'm pretty sure it's just a tooltip fix I don't think beacon heals ever applied mastery shields.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't. I also don't know if its a wording thing as well, but it no longer states direct heals. I really don't think there's any changes to us coming though, at least nothing significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't. I also don't know if its a wording thing as well, but it no longer states direct heals. I really don't think there's any changes to us coming though, at least nothing significant.
    Well I would like to see some mana cost reduction for 5.2
    Also I hope the T15 bonuses will be nice cause as it stands getting rid of 4xT14 will be a pain
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think there will be any buffs. Honestly, were in a really good place right now. The amount of Spirit on 496+ gear has made regen issues so much less significant, and our toolkit is likely the best (in my opinion anyways). If we use the entirety of our toolkit, we have both the strongest single target healing and an amazing set of abilities for raid wide damage. I really don't see much reason for a buff, although I am afraid we may get a numbers tweak to nerf us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think there will be any buffs. Honestly, were in a really good place right now. The amount of Spirit on 496+ gear has made regen issues so much less significant, and our toolkit is likely the best (in my opinion anyways). If we use the entirety of our toolkit, we have both the strongest single target healing and an amazing set of abilities for raid wide damage. I really don't see much reason for a buff, although I am afraid we may get a numbers tweak to nerf us.
    Our toolkit is perfect (it misses a good raid-wide CD though), no question about it.
    Problem is the cost of HP generators to power up the said toolkit.

Also, I think that the 4PVP set will be nerfed for 5.2, and once we break the T14 PVE set it will be a big hps loss as well.
    MMO player

PvE 4pc question:

I have the 496 tier legs and I have just acquired the 483 tier shoulders, chest and helm, so theoretically I can gain the 4pc bonus. I'm already wearing a 496 chest and 489 helm and shoulders. Is it worth the drop in ilevel / stats to grab the 4pc bonus? I'm assuming the answer is yes but I would appreciate your thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that the four piece is definitely going to be a gain for you. The bonus is really nice, and if you get in the habit of using HS on cooldown, it leads to quite a bit more Holy Power.

Deleted
    In need of some advice, basically, I played H pally as main during DS and personally I feel I did quite well, now though, I joined a new guild and they wanted me as dps so I went hunter. Now I got my pally (finally) to 90 and was just wondering if there is any quick run through of new stuff that changed how H pallies plays now.

Here's my paladin, just to show if there is anything majorly I do wrong so far, such as gemming (the small amount I do) and more importantly spec/glyphs.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your gemming and reforging look really good to me. I don't see any issues with your gear other than that its mostly blues so you'll have a bit of a rough time just due to that.

As far as talents go, I personally love to run US and Divinity to be able to use LoHands for mana. Nothing wrong with what you're using though.

As far as general pally healing goes:
    Make sure you use HS as much as possible.
    Prioritize non-Beacon targets for EF. To go with this, remember that there is currently a bug that doesn't allow you to melee for mana if you have 3+ EFs up at a time.
    HR is kind of terrible compared to DS. Its extremely expensive and unless you hit 3+ people it doesn't really feel worth it.
    Same can be said of Flash of Light.
    If you have the time to get it, the PvP 4P is still pretty good.

I'm sure there's more general advice, I just can't really think of anything. If you want specific advice on things feel free to ask though!

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    In need of some advice...
    One thing I'd add to Kerfax's, is with regards to talents, I'd pick up Fist of Justice, as the range increase alone allows you to use it so much more and it can be very helpful in a wide range of situations, where as repentance is a lot harder to find use for

Deleted
    Your gemming and reforging look really good to me. I don't see any issues with your gear other than that its mostly blues so you'll have a bit of a rough time just due to that.

As far as talents go, I personally love to run US and Divinity to be able to use LoHands for mana. Nothing wrong with what you're using though.

As far as general pally healing goes:
    Make sure you use HS as much as possible.
    Prioritize non-Beacon targets for EF. To go with this, remember that there is currently a bug that doesn't allow you to melee for mana if you have 3+ EFs up at a time.
    HR is kind of terrible compared to DS. Its extremely expensive and unless you hit 3+ people it doesn't really feel worth it.
    Same can be said of Flash of Light.
    If you have the time to get it, the PvP 4P is still pretty good.

I'm sure there's more general advice, I just can't really think of anything. If you want specific advice on things feel free to ask though!
    That part about EF's is something I have noticed as well, which is really annoying when trying to regen mana during 5mans =/

Thanks for the advices and I guess I will just keep going and when we start doing alt raid I will do more of the fight to fight research

assuming you mean Divine Light - HR is actually hugely better than DL if you can hit 5 targets with it, and situationally better if you can hit ~3. Having a good addon helps for this. Personally I use grid2's module (i think its called neighbors or something) that shows me a little icon on my raid frames when there are 4 or more people within 10 yards missing at least 25k hp.

Holy radiance is annoying, yes, but it is an important part of our toolkit unfortunately

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    assuming you mean Divine Light - HR is actually hugely better than DL if you can hit 5 targets with it, and situationally better if you can hit ~3. Having a good addon helps for this. Personally I use grid2's module (i think its called neighbors or something) that shows me a little icon on my raid frames when there are 4 or more people within 10 yards missing at least 25k hp.

Holy radiance is annoying, yes, but it is an important part of our toolkit unfortunately
    I actually meant that HR is horrible compared to where it was in DS since that was Joy's last experience with Holy. I'm also not saying its terrible, but that is one of the main mindset changes that people have had to get over after DS. So many people tried to heal like we did then and just couldn't be successful because they tried to rely on HR too much.