Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    `12345qertsfghzxcv + mod shift and ctrl (I don't use alt mod), I play with naga so that makes MS3 + MSwheelup + MSwheeldown x 2 mods and the 12 bottons on the side x 2. I have too many KBs for my abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Hi Dennis,
    Regarding your binding issues, I your natural hand position is WASD and you run short on keys to bind your spells to, I would recommend you to get a razor Naga if you can afford it. It allows you to bind all your healing spells and hand spells plus other utility spells like rebuke on to your mouse.
    Other than that, I can easyily reach q,e,r,t, f, g, y, x, c, v from WASD and I like to use these for binds as well. Also, I usually bind S to an ability because back paddeling is bad anyway. Combine these with 1-5(I reach 6 but I have pretty large hands) plus the key left to 1 and multiply them by 2 or 3(depending on whether you can conveniently reach shift, ctrl and alt) and there are quite some binds you can use

Macroing your cds into one poewerful macro is fine but doing it for the sake of saving keybinds seems like a bad reason to do it. If you have to, you should always be able to use them seperately.
    I do have a naga and use all 12 buttons as well as shift modifiers on most of them. I like to keep all my keybinds logical because I play so many different characters, for example my interrupts are always N4. Sure, I could bind ctrl-N4 to a cooldown, but it'd be really awkward for me. I never really got used to anything but shift as a modifier, which is probably something I could work on, but it wouldn't be an easy fix. I can't reasonably reach nearly as many letter keys as you, plus I use r and c for their default purposes.. I could probably benefit from changing that, definitely worth looking into.

I havent come across a situation where I've had to use them separately so far; my guild only got 10/16H in t14 but never particularly struggled with healing throughput requirements. I don't macro them the way i do *just* to save keybinds, but because its what I'm used to. Plus, its not just a 'pop everything' macro, which I think is something people are overlooking when they respond to my question.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 01:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    I would look for ways adjust your gameplay to expand the amount of potential binds at your disposal because the number you need is just going to keep getting bigger.

Macroing all your cooldowns and not having binds for each spell separately limits you for obviously reasons. You should always give yourself the option to use them separately. That is really all there is to it. We have given you plenty of reasons on why it more beneficial to bind them separately but you seem to just gloss over them and would rather have people just agree with you.
    Actually, nobody has given any *justifiable* reason or any specific example of a fight on which it is provably more beneficial to do so. Some of the feedback has been constructive, but most hasn't. Trust me, I'm playing devil's advocate for a reason. I think that I SHOULD have separate binds for my cooldowns, but am questioning whether it actually matters because if there is no definitive purpose then its not worth changing the keybinds that I'm currently comfortable with.

In any case, frankly I'm going to stick with doing things how I've done them, and will revisit some of the keybinding ideas in this thread if I find it to be an issue in the future

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    What "more efficient spells" are you talking about? If you're popping DF + AW just to Holy Light...
    Thank you for your responses btw they've been spot on for what I was looking for. To answer your question - not exactly, but that's the basic idea. The concept is more like pop HA to heal moderate damage for basically free, obviously assuming you arent going to need HA again shortly. Unfortunately I havent got into any of the heroic fights that really test healing, at which time there's a good chance I'll have to rethink my strategy a bit.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2013-03-28 at 05:30 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day you have to feel comfortable with your setup. If my post made you feel like you have to explain yourself I have to apologise. That really was not my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    At the end of the day you have to feel comfortable with your setup. If my post made you feel like you have to explain yourself I have to apologise. That really was not my intention.
    no need to apologise, i tend to get a bit defensive out of frustration. your post definitely made me reconsider the importance of using some of the default binds. I use s fairly often to cancel my casts, but I probably aught to use R and C for abilities. maybe shift+enter would be a more appropriate keybind for reply anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Thank you for your responses btw they've been spot on for what I was looking for. To answer your question - not exactly, but that's the basic idea. The concept is more like pop HA to heal moderate damage for basically free, obviously assuming you arent going to need HA again shortly. Unfortunately I havent got into any of the heroic fights that really test healing, at which time there's a good chance I'll have to rethink my strategy a bit.
    Ok, couple of things:

First of all, another reason you don't want to stack is simply since it's better to have a cooldown for every damage spike than not. Again this could be different in 10m, but I actually don't think it's drastically different. Even if you have multiple healers, often your healers will have different strengths and be fulfilling different roles (smart heal, blanket heal, tank heal, absorbs, HoTs). Let alone that your healers could be assigned to different jobs. Basically, you always want a cooldown for *your* role (paladins seem to be a hybrid between the five "niches" more than any other healing class in the game right now which is awesome, but that means the burden's almost more on us to have CD's for everything).

It's easier on your healing team if you are at 90% healing capacity on every spike phase versus 130% (30% overheal, which is wasted completely) on one spike, then 75% healing capacity on the next spike.

Second: Sometimes throughput checks preclude the idea of healing moderate damage for free. Throughput checks in some heroic fights, especially spike checks, can be insane. There's no such thing as "save some mana here to use it later," if you're burning a cooldown to save your mana, your 150% full mana pool isn't going to do shit when the damage spikes come, and you simply don't have enough throughput to keep everyone up. What I've noticed from some of the heroic fights, and even what you might have noticed from Jin'rokh, is that raid damage spikes can be insane.

Finally if you use a cooldown to save mana early on (say you know it will be up later), you definitely don't want to stack the cooldowns. You'll save more mana by staggering them.

Has anyone thought of using 2 piece t15 (helm and shoulders) then the rest as off pieces? There's quite a few bits this tier with spirit mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorilaith View Post
    Has anyone thought of using 2 piece t15 (helm and shoulders) then the rest as off pieces? There's quite a few bits this tier with spirit mastery.
    the 4p isnt great but it isn't THAT bad :P

Nothing wrong with trying it out I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Lorilaith View Post
    Well there are Thunderforged Chest, Gloves, and Legs available so I think it's a pretty reasonable thing to consider doing.

Deleted
    Can any help to configure askmyrobot to cap haste to 3500? What 0.x? Is?

Quote Originally Posted by Clubwar View Post
    Can any help to configure askmyrobot to cap haste to 3500? What 0.x? Is?
    You just have to balance it, so that pre-cap its slightly higher than mastery and post-cap its slightly below

Under adjusting your weights, you will need to change the weight of haste to be equal to the greatest weight you have. For example, on default settings Int is weighted the greatest, at 1. The only way I've gotten Mr. Robot to do this is this way. Set the first weight value of your haste to 1. This means that hitting your haste cap is weighted above spirit, and SP. I've never gotten it to hit the haste cap by putting the weight of haste under anything else. You might be afraid that the reforge will suggest you reforge out of spirit however it shouldn't because it should prioritize worse rated stats like crit to reforge out of first and if you find yourself reforging out of spirit to get the haste cap then you can manually change it. Then under the soft capped weight put the value 0.1366. As you probably know 3500 haste corresponds to around 8.25% haste. Mr. Robot however assumes that you already have the 5% haste buff so if you try to put in 0.0825 then it will reforge lower than needed. Therefore what you need to do to get the right haste decimal is this:

Haste Required for AMR = (((3500/425/100) + 1) * 1.05) - 1

425 is the haste rating required for 1% haste, I've converted it to a decimal and multiplied it by the raid buff of 1.05. This should reforge your gear correctly to 13.66% then the rest of the required to get to 25.03% which is the value required for 13 ticks which I'm assuming you're trying to hit, you will naturally get from seal of insight. If anyone has found a way to change the weights to make it reforge to 13.66% without placing haste weight at the highest amount please share
    Last edited by monikasun88; 2013-04-10 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    Under adjusting your weights, you will need to change the weight of haste to be equal to the greatest weight you have. For example, on default settings Int is weighted the greatest, at 1. The only way I've gotten Mr. Robot to do this is this way. Set the first weight value of your haste to 1. This means that hitting your haste cap is weighted above spirit, and SP. I've never gotten it to hit the haste cap by putting the weight of haste under anything else. You might be afraid that the reforge will suggest you reforge out of spirit however it shouldn't because it should prioritize worse rated stats like crit to reforge out of first and if you find yourself reforging out of spirit to get the haste cap then you can manually change it. Then under the soft capped weight put the value 0.1366. As you probably know 3500 haste corresponds to around 8.25% haste. Mr. Robot however assumes that you already have the 5% haste buff so if you try to put in 0.0825 then it will reforge lower than needed. Therefore what you need to do to get the right haste decimal is this:

Haste Required for AMR = (((3500/425/100) + 1) * 1.05) - 1

425 is the haste rating required for 1% haste, I've converted it to a decimal and multiplied it by the raid buff of 1.05. This should reforge your gear correctly to 13.66% then the rest of the required to get to 25.03% which is the value required for 13 ticks which I'm assuming you're trying to hit, you will naturally get from seal of insight. If anyone has found a way to change the weights to make it reforge to 13.66% without placing haste weight at the highest amount please share
    Thanks for long anserw but i cant see the numbers that i need put in CAP

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...uino/reshulona

I said in my answer the number you need to put in, 0.1366 for the soft cap. If you're just using default weights, you will need to change the value in the first weight box, to something above Mastery as you want to make sure you hit the haste cape. Under default settings the weight for mastery is 0.45 so you should put your haste weight at 0.46 and your soft-capped haste weight 0.01 under the mastery weight at 0.44 so it will prioritize haste over crit still after the haste cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubwar View Post
    Thanks for long anserw but i cant see the numbers that i need put in CAP

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...uino/reshulona
    Haste - 0.76 (just above Spirit's weight)
    Soft cap - 0.1366 (this is the '13.66%' that is mentioned, but I'll agree this wasn't all that clear)
    Soft cap weight - 0.35 (it's 'normal' weight)
    Last edited by Dubalicious; 2013-04-12 at 07:36 PM.

Any 10-man raiders who could weigh in with their thoughts as to the LoD glyph? Trying to decide whether to run with it or not and would appreciate some second opinions.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    Any 10-man raiders who could weigh in with their thoughts as to the LoD glyph? Trying to decide whether to run with it or not and would appreciate some second opinions.
    Ran with it at the beginning of the tier, but in our set-up its generally better if I EF heal (Pally, Shammy, HPriest)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Haste - 0.76 (just above Spirit's weight)
    Soft cap - 0.1366 (this is the '13.66%' that is mentioned, but I'll agree this wasn't all that clear)
    Soft cap weight - 0.35 (it's 'normal' weight)
    Thanks for info. I dude about this because no all people say that 3500 is the cap haste

10+ Year Old Account
    April 15th notes:

Tier-14 Holy Paladin 4-piece set bonus now reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1 second, down from 2 seconds.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo QQ

Also in the news:

Mastery: Illuminated Healing now places an absorb shield for 10% of the amount healed, down from 12%.
    Daybreak is now a stackable effect with a duration of 10 seconds, stacks up to 2 times, and causes the next Holy Shock to also heal other allies within 10 yards of the target for an amount equal to 75%/150% of the original healing done.

I hope they don't nerf mastery scaling
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    April 15th notes:

Tier-14 Holy Paladin 4-piece set bonus now reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1 second, down from 2 seconds.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo QQ

Also in the news:

Mastery: Illuminated Healing now places an absorb shield for 10% of the amount healed, down from 12%.
    Daybreak is now a stackable effect with a duration of 10 seconds, stacks up to 2 times, and causes the next Holy Shock to also heal other allies within 10 yards of the target for an amount equal to 75%/150% of the original healing done.

I hope they don't nerf mastery scaling
    1. The T14 nerf is a good change. Much as I love it it was making the choice about upgrading to the next tier too difficult.

2. Daybreak change is also good. With less HS we'll be using more HR and this allows us to benefit somewhat from this. AoE rotation of HR, HR, HS, LoD/EF works well.

3. Mastery nerf is obviously bad, but I think inevitable. By the final tier our mastery is going to be hitting hard. It can already account for over 30% of healing on some fights, which isn't bad for what is essentially our 'auto attack'. I could see it creeping toward 40% by the final tier and that's probably too much.