Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    How much spirit should I be aiming for for ToT Normal 10 man healing?

It depends on your gear and gear of your raid. I'd try and grab at least 12k or more and see how you feel.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys!

Our Holy Paladin has some problems going into 5.4. Currently he's not sure whether or not the should stay on his Holy and how the Patch really affects him. He's abit of a glass half empty kinda guy in that regard.

We're a 10-man HC Progression Guild (ranked 750 T15) and he is paired up with a disc and a resto druid.

How does his playstyle need to change for 5.4 and how does that affect my raid? What do we need to change?

Thanks guys!
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

10+ Year Old Account
    As of now there seem to be three different playstyles available to him from our level 45 talents. He can continue using the EF hot playstyle, although it will be losing a lot of its strength in the coming patch. Don't know how much you know about Holy, but this spell was the main reason our healing was so strong. With the big nerf that it's getting by losing the ability to apply Mastery, its overall healing is being decreased by a large amount.

The other options for him are SH which requires a lot less Spirit and SS which I believe follows the same gearing as EF and will be decently strong for 10 man raiding. SH and SS will be stronger in situations that might favor them, but overall I think EF will still be the strongest. I haven't been very involved on the PTR, so I might be wrong here. From what Ive read it just seems that the mana increase to Judgement makes SH lag behind and SS can fall behind if the target ou put it on doesn't take enough damage to make full use of the shield.

In my opinion he should continue gearing Spirit>Mastery and using EF as a HoT spot heal. Although now he should be using LoD more than previously, especially in situations where he can use it to get up some Mastery bubbles on the raid before some burst damage. You will more than likely see less overall throughput coming out of him, but I don't think its enough that he has to switch class.

I might be wrong on some of this stuff, I'm sure someone else will who may have more experience on the PTR will stop by and give some advice. If he needs some help after the patch drops, have him post in the Fix my heals thread as well. There are a lot of helpful people on the forums who can give some really sound advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going pure mastery and dropping a lot of spirit might turn out to be a more efficient style of playing Hpally's. I am not really convinced that getting 19-20k spirit is really the way to go. Our mastery with the EF nerf won't last as long, which means that building IH back up to max ASAP gets a higher priority than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Going pure mastery and dropping a lot of spirit might turn out to be a more efficient style of playing Hpally's. I am not really convinced that getting 19-20k spirit is really the way to go. Our mastery with the EF nerf won't last as long, which means that building IH back up to max ASAP gets a higher priority than before.
    Most people will probably be going around 15-16k spirit. No one has really suggested going 20k.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be updating this sometime this weekend. Should be 5.4 ready by Tuesday!

If any of you guys use Grid, how do you have them set up? (I know a lot of people prefer vuhdo but I've always used grid/clique)

All I've figured I need it to show who my current beacon is, who I've got EF rolling on, and who's got Illuminated Healing. Anything else I need?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbtacks View Post
    All I've figured I need it to show who my current beacon is, who I've got EF rolling on, and who's got Illuminated Healing. Anything else I need?
    I don't track IH but probably should do it especially with the HR changes. I also have a tracker for tank cooldowns (both the large personal ones and large external cooldowns), hand of purity (a special spot, not lumped with the other tank CD's), and forbearance.

Ideally I could eliminate Purity or lump it in with tank CD's since its effect is no longer gamebreaking like in 5.0. Another step would be to separate tank cooldowns into personal and external.

Also, VuhDo user. But obviously the choice of bouquets holds for whatever raid frame addon you use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now updated to 5.4.
    Big thanks to Bouchbagette for his number crunching for the talents and secondary stats!

Thank you so much! Great guide as always. Will be very useful tomorrow!

Nice guide, Anyway you can update the title?

Deleted
    So what glyphs do we think?

I am finding battle healer less effective because I melee less now that it doesn't return mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually not sure how to update the title. The edit post button doesn't seem to have an option for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage1 View Post
    So what glyphs do we think?

I am finding battle healer less effective because I melee less now that it doesn't return mana.
    I'm currently running Sac, Divinity, and Beacon. Flash of Light could go in there if you want, although I dont use FoL enough to warrant it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerfax View Post
    I'm actually not sure how to update the title. The edit post button doesn't seem to have an option for it.
    Done for you. And thanks for the update!

Deleted
    Hello guys, I have read many topics about stat prio changes in 5.4. Can I ask you for help? I have now 532 ilvl, pure mastery build, with few haste pieces.

I read, that mastery build is now worth only with SH build. But I dont want be using SH, I find EF more usefull, since i dont have time for casting judgement without any healing done in this GCD.

After a long thinking about stat priority, I found the best choice with my gear would be reforging some mastery to haste, untill i get the 13. tick of EF and then stack mastery again. I found, it should be 25% haste, but are ticks of EF affected by raid buffs and SoI, or only by haste rating on my gear? Simply, the question is, how much haste rating (3500 haste rating?) do I need, to reach the first breakpoint?

And finally, is it good way of gearing in your opinion?

Thank you
    Semito

Deleted
    Yeah it is just over 25% total haste needed for the 13th tick, including any buffs. That'd be Roughly 3500 haste needed (think it works out at 3506) from gear.

I think getting either 13th or 14th tick is a good way to go, depending on your current gear level.

Deleted
    Why do you suggest running mastery gems, but suggest reforging mastery to haste?

Deleted
    Nope, i wont. Doesnt matter how to reach haste breakpoint, if via gems or reforge, or not? My detailed gearing strategy and stat prio will be:

Intellect (INT benefit -> greater output, greater IH - we dont need to worry about overheal so much, since we have the legendary back) > Spirit (with 14K combat regen I felt comfortible) > Haste (3506 rating to reach the 13th EF tick) > Mastery > Haste (untill i can get over the 2nd breakpoint withnout getting under 30% Mastery full buffed) > Crit

Question is, if its better to go for Haste/Mastery gems, or INT, but as I saw a few top paladins, INT is everywhere it could be, so I want to try it.
    Last edited by mmoc5a8e331c01; 2013-09-12 at 12:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Why do you suggest running mastery gems, but suggest reforging mastery to haste?
    There are a few issues that I need to fix due to the new stat priorities. Basically just go Mastery gems if you're running Mastery or Haste if you're stacking Haste. Ill clear that up in the guide.

As for gemming, Im currently running with a focus on socket bonuses. I think I will likely stick to something like that and just add more sparkling as I feel necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Changed up the Reforging and stat sections a bit to try to clarify that Haste and Mastery builds are both viable and it comes down more to mana longevity vs. throughput as to which you should follow. If I need to clarify anything else, please let me know.