Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello! I play holy paladin as an alt and need a little bit of advice from SH players who are familiar with gearing for normals. I normally play shadow priest, but I've had to spec disc for progress (including heroic) whenever we were lacking healers in the roster, so healing in general is not new to me.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alynn/advanced - ignore talents and glyphs, please.
    I recently got my hands on the legendary meta gem and the amplifier trinket, so I swapped out all my spirit gems for mastery gems. So far I'm only doing flex on this character, but I'd like to be able to join a normal pug when the time is right. The output is fine, the mana is fine in flex - but is 12.7k spirit really enough for normals?
    I noticed that my mana awareness (with spirit gemming I had close to none) has made it so that I haven't seen a significant increase in HPS with mastery gemming out of fear of running oom, so for now I can't tell if it's just a matter of getting used to it, or if my spirit actually would be too low for normal content. And I'd rather not find out in the middle of a pug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindai View Post
    Hello! I play holy paladin as an alt and need a little bit of advice from SH players who are familiar with gearing for normals. I normally play shadow priest, but I've had to spec disc for progress (including heroic) whenever we were lacking healers in the roster, so healing in general is not new to me.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alynn/advanced - ignore talents and glyphs, please.
    I recently got my hands on the legendary meta gem and the amplifier trinket, so I swapped out all my spirit gems for mastery gems. So far I'm only doing flex on this character, but I'd like to be able to join a normal pug when the time is right. The output is fine, the mana is fine in flex - but is 12.7k spirit really enough for normals?
    I noticed that my mana awareness (with spirit gemming I had close to none) has made it so that I haven't seen a significant increase in HPS with mastery gemming out of fear of running oom, so for now I can't tell if it's just a matter of getting used to it, or if my spirit actually would be too low for normal content. And I'd rather not find out in the middle of a pug.
    You have the raid finder blackfuse trinket which don't forget gives you spirit so you've actually got quite a bit more than 12K while in combat. Might be worth logging yourself in a fight and seeing how you're doing with it. Don't forget also you've got Arcane Torrent and Divine Plea. When you look in your logs it will come under buffs cast and it's called Restless Spirit. In the Log Browser it will say Veralynn gains restless spirit from Veralynn and then once it's complete it will say Veralynn Restless spirit (xx) fades from Veralynn. Then you can see how many times during a fight it procced and for how long. I think that's the only way you can see the mp5 for it for you.

I would post our logs so you could see but a mistweaver monk took it when it dropped and it has a 0.3% uptime for her completely wasted.

I don't see why you would have an issue healing normal SOO with 12K spirit, as I started out in normal SOO with a little less spirit and using EF. I'm only going with 14.5K spirit into heroics.This is coming up from 13K I had doing normal I increased it slightly due to the demand on mana since a few people still like to stand in fire in our team. If you get into a pinch and you're not comfortable with mana you could always bring a few spirit gems with you to pop in between pulls

Sorry I cant comment specifically on selfless healer, I only tried it once on Thok and it felt foreign to me. However, there are some here who swear by it and enjoy the play style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindai View Post
    is 12.7k spirit really enough for normals?
    For comparison. I run 9.6k Spirit with 574 Amp + 561 Blackfuse Trinket. I never go OOM with SH. Don't forget to use DP early and then on CD to get the most reggen.
    Do you run 10s or 25s? I understand SH is very competitive for 25s but never tried 10s seriously.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=105473/n...f-fading-light

Got it last week, i have the horridon tusk fragment hc, im droping 765 mastery for it or 2%, not sure if using it or not.

Also, has anyone tried usign the amp trinket from imerseus for SH?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=105473/n...f-fading-light

Got it last week, i have the horridon tusk fragment hc, im droping 765 mastery for it or 2%, not sure if using it or not.

Even if that neck was just normal it would still be much better. The int/spirit/stam you get from it is too huge to miss out on. Not to mention you aren't going to actually lose that much mastery after reforge.

As far as the dps amp trink, I know it was working on the PTR off my prism, but I haven't been able to get my hands on one to test live(too many casters need it in my guild).

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    It should work, but you'd probably still be better off with Horridon's/DSoD if you have any degree of mana 'issues' (ie, you even have to think about it). If you're at the point where you can max your rotation without even needing DP then I see no reason not to try, but I imagine Thok's Cleave trinket (in 25 mans) would probably be better throughput, given the (probably) much higher proc chance on the Int proc.
    Last edited by Xs; 2014-01-03 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    It should work, but you'd probably still be better off with Horridon's/DSoD if you have any degree of mana 'issues' (ie, you even have to think about it). If you're at the point where you can max your rotation without even needing DP then I see no reason not to try, but I imagine Thok's Cleave trinket (in 25 mans) would probably be better throughput, given the (probably) much higher proc chance on the Int proc.
    Since it's an ICD trinket, the proc chance should be roughly equal actually.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Since it's an ICD trinket, the proc chance should be roughly equal actually.
    They're both balanced around their respective roles though, and even if it counts Judgement (can't be sure on its procs, since its been very inconsistent for other specs) its going to have a much much larger delay than intended at balance point between procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppervon View Post
    Hello all--great reads found in this thread. I apologize in advance if my question has been addressed and I simply missed it, but I shall keep it short.
    Using Eternal Flame, I've heard a lot of negativity thrown towards Light of Dawn; is it more beneficial to blanket the raid with Eternal Flames, keeping constant heals rolling to the Beacon of Light target, and using Light of Dawn in situational moments with heavy, spiked raid damage? As somewhat a caveat to my question: is attempting to blanket the raid with 1 - 2 Holy Power Eternal Flames as [more] beneficial than a full-fledged three HP EF on multiple targets?

Thanks a bunch
    Anyone got an answer to this?

TY

They're both balanced around their respective roles though, and even if it counts Judgement (can't be sure on its procs, since its been very inconsistent for other specs) its going to have a much much larger delay than intended at balance point between procs.
    Umm not really. The difference is going to be a lot smaller than you think it is because it's a flat 15% proc chance after it comes off ICD - i.e. it's going to pretty much proc as soon as or close to after coming off ICD. This is vastly different from IPPM or zero/short duration ICD.

The only way it's going to have a significant difference is if Judgement doesn't count as a valid spell/action to proc the int buff. Then you have a perfectly valid argument to support your case.

Incidentally, it definitely procs from autoattacks, and it is a nice coincidence that the bosses you would ever want to use SH over EF on involves stacking the raid right up beside the boss for extended periods of time anyway(e.g. Thok, Sha of Pride, Norushen).
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-01-03 at 02:04 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Anyone got an answer to this?

TY
    EF heals for substantially more than LoD. Thus if you are spec'ed for EF and you LoD you are lowering your total output. Where this isn't true would be if several people were going to die unless they each got a LoD heal, or if you can guarantee the EF will be all over heal.
    Selfless healer works with LoD because you get a buff to HR with a mana cost reduction and you get increased HP generation to increase the amount of mastery shields on the raid (and you get to ditch spirit for throughput stats).

As for blanketing the raid with 1 or 2 HP EF's it ends up being a 20% healing loss for every 1 hp less you use. The reason being you spend more time not generating HP to put out smaller heals (more GCD's). I have mathed it out here.

Thanks a lot, bouch!

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Umm not really. The difference is going to be a lot smaller than you think it is because it's a flat 15% proc chance after it comes off ICD - i.e. it's going to pretty much proc as soon as or close to after coming off ICD. This is vastly different from IPPM or zero/short duration ICD.
    You're talking about potentially ~35% of Prism's proc chance, I'd call that a very significant difference. If it works with Judgement as well as Holy Prism, then maybe more like 75% on an auto-attacking fight, but its still quite a significant difference.

You're talking about potentially ~35% of Prism's proc chance, I'd call that a very significant difference. If it works with Judgement as well as Holy Prism, then maybe more like 75% on an auto-attacking fight, but its still quite a significant difference.
    Waiting 10-15 seconds difference for a proc isn't particularly significant by any means.

Deleted
    I am not 100% sure about this but I thought they changed it so only melee hits would trigger the Immerseus Trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    I am not 100% sure about this but I thought they changed it so only melee hits would trigger the Immerseus Trinket.
    Thats what it seems from my research, but none of it is specific to Paladin (huge surprise there), so I don't know for sure, since I know Blizzard likes to do things on a spec by spec basis atm.

Long time reader, first time poster here!

Just finished normals and are going to be starting heroics next week.

Any changes I should make on my toon?

I can't post a link since this is a new account but her name is Kuultank on US-Stormreaver

Any tips would be awesome!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JaroodaRedMage View Post
    Long time reader, first time poster here!

Just finished normals and are going to be starting heroics next week.

Any changes I should make on my toon?

I can't post a link since this is a new account but her name is Kuultank on US-Stormreaver

Any tips would be awesome!

Thank you!
    This would be better suited for the Fix my Heals! thread. You'll get more results there. Good luck with your heroic progression!

Deleted
    Hi guys,

I need your opinion on trinkets.
    Since awhile I've been running with a WF DSoD and a WF HC PPoP.

Now recently I've gotten the HC trinket from Nazgrim. Immediately Ive came to the conclusion I wont use it. However, Im having second thoughts.
    Would it be an idea to replace the WF DSoD? Id replace the lost spirit with some reforging so I dont need an answer "if u can lower spirit u can." Ill stick to the same mana regen since Im happy with that amount. Im just wondering if the equip-abilities on the Nazgrim trinket are good.

Im mainly a EF-healer.

Dump the Nazgrim trinket.