Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firegalus View Post
    If you want to come here and disprove the fact that CS+HoL deals less damage than judgement, your going to have to go and get some proper evidence to convince the likes of me, Requital and Anaxie

[22:53:38.641] Rammjäger Crusader Strike Tsulong 32416
    [22:53:39.391] Rammjäger Hand of Light Tsulong 11537
    [22:53:39.841] Rammjäger Judgment Tsulong 39999

[22:53:38.641] Enìgmà Judgment Tsulong 37020
    [22:53:39.841] Enìgmà Crusader Strike Tsulong 33953
    [22:53:40.651] Enìgmà Hand of Light Tsulong 11974
    I think you mean "disprove they do more damage" or "prove they do less damage"?
    I've been following this discussion for a while, and this post has me kind of confused.
    Be nice to nerds, chances are you might end up working for one. -- Charles J. Sykes

Can someone help me fix my Hand of Freedom CDs when I have clemency. It doesn't show that i can use it 2 times, and after I have used it it's shows up as on CD.

What I want is for it to show the duration of freedom when the buff is up (and have one count as if I have any left), if not it will show up ready if I have 1 charge left, and will count towards the next charge. If I have zero charges I want it to do the regularly thing where it goes blackish and show and count towards next ready.

Have the same problem for all Hands spells, but I guess if i can find the code for one, there should not be hard to fix the rest.

Also, one last thing. Is it possible to have rebuke, if it hits, show how long they are locked out of that spell before it goes back to the normal icon?

I have looked in this tread but I couldn't find the right code for it to work the way I want it to, I apologizes if I someone els has showed the code...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorsen View Post
    Can someone help me fix my Hand of Freedom CDs when I have clemency. It doesn't show that i can use it 2 times, and after I have used it it's shows up as on CD.

What I want is for it to show the duration of freedom when the buff is up (and have one count as if I have any left), if not it will show up ready if I have 1 charge left, and will count towards the next charge. If I have zero charges I want it to do the regularly thing where it goes blackish and show and count towards next ready.

Have the same problem for all Hands spells, but I guess if i can find the code for one, there should not be hard to fix the rest.

Also, one last thing. Is it possible to have rebuke, if it hits, show how long they are locked out of that spell before it goes back to the normal icon?

I have looked in this tread but I couldn't find the right code for it to work the way I want it to, I apologizes if I someone els has showed the code...
    Talent changes usually play hell with addons, I'll see what I can find out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Ok as I've learnt so much from you guys last time, cause i was really wrong and I had a big improvement just following your indications, i would like to know what should i change now in clcret with the new patch please.

Trust me, I've tried J>CS, for a couple of weeks in T14, it is definitely NOT better. I think Anaxie even said it, you WILL have more gaps in your rotation. That being said however, it does seem like J scales a lot better with AP. I have not done any research myself saying that J would be better during Str. procs/guardian stacks, Let me know if any of you do however.

I'm seeing a lot of misinformation in this thread regarding the rotation under AW, so I'm going to do my best to clear some things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Firegalus
    Also the same poster is claiming that this: inq howaw tvaw tv5 inqes inqhpr how exo jaw cs j tv3 ss is the optimal rotation, which is wrong (with 5hp under avenging wrath, you should dump a tv, not a how)
    The priority you're looking at should never reach 5 HP with HoW off cooldown, unless you were to pop AW when you're already at 5 HP (And why would you?).
    Here's how it roughly looks depending on at how many HP you pop AW:

0HP: HoW, Exo/J, HoW, TV, HoW, Exo/J, HoW, TV, etc.
    1HP: HoW, Exo/J, HoW, TV, HoW, Exo/J, HoW, TV etc.
    2HP: HoW, TV, HoW, Exo/J, TV, HoW, Exo/J, TV etc.
    3HP: Same as 2 HP
    4HP: Same as 2 HP
    5HP: Stop, why would you ever cast this at 5HP?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue
    Trust me, I've tried J>CS, for a couple of weeks in T14, it is definitely NOT better. I think Anaxie even said it, you WILL have more gaps in your rotation.
    You should never have gaps, because you only prioritize J over CS when under the effects of AW and sub 20%. Now don't get me wrong, even without AW J will hit for more than CS, but because it causes gaps in the rotation, you still prioritize CS.

Now on to the question of CS vs J, I'll use some quick napkin math to prove why J hits harder than CS. I'll use my own character (Korlon on Scarshield Legion EU) as example, and will assume that I have all raidbuffs (including food and flask), and that the boss has all debuffs.

For reference, I'll list all formulas that I use, and will source all of my claims at the bottom of my post.

The formula for Crusader Strike is ((((AP/14) * 3.3 ) + Weapon damage) * 125%) + 791, it is affected by Sheath of Light(15% increase), Physical Vulnerability (4% increase) and Armor (roughly 32% reduction)

So we apply this to my character, and we get ((40752/14) * 3.3) + 15350.4 ) *125% ) + 791 = 31986,285714285714285714285714286

Now, we add Sheath of light(+15%) to this, which gives us 36784,228571428571428571428571429

Next is Physical vulnerability(+4%), which puts us at 38255,597714285714285714285714286

Now we apply the damage reduction the boss gets from armor(roughly 32%), giving us a finished value of 26013,806445714285714285714285714 or 26013 damage

Now using this we can calculate our Hand of Light damage. Fully buffed, I have 33.97% mastery, so we get the following number: 8836,8900496091428571428571428571.
    Ofcourse, I'm going to assume that we have Inquisition up, which increases that number by 30%, putting us at 11487,957064491885714285714285714, which we increase by 5% for the magic damage taken debuff on the boss and leading us to our final figure for Crusader Strike: 12062,35491771648, or 12062 damage.

Crusader Strike: 26014
    Hand of Light: 12060
    Total damage: 38076

Moving on to Judgement, which should all in all be a lot easier to calculate. The formula is 623+(0.328*AP)+(0.546*SP). and it is affected by Sheath of Light(15%), Magical Damage Taken Debuff(5%) and Inquisition(30%).

Plugging my numbers into the formula gives us the following: 623+13366,656+11125,296 = 25114,952.

And we'll now add the modifiers,

Sheath of light(15%): 28882,1948
    Magical Damage Taken(5%): 30326,30454
    Inquisition(30%): 39424,95902 Or 39425

So as you can see, Judgment DOES hit harder than Crusader Strike, unless you were to start stacking mastery for some reason. The reason for this is that Judgment scales so well with Attack Power (As you can see in the formula, it double dips from it). CS might start to hit harder again once the weapon damage increases, but for now, Judgment has more Damage per Execute than Crusader Strike.

The baseline is this: Judgment hits harder than Crusader Strike, even with Hand of Light factored in, but we don't prioritize it over CS normally, because it will screw up the rotation to the point it is no longer a DPS increase. Under Avenging Wrath and sub 20%, we CAN have a smooth rotation prioritizing J over CS, and it is a DPS increase to do so.

If anyone disagrees with me on this, I challenge them to prove it using math, and not use 4 lines from a single combat log as if that proves anything. Either way, I hope this benefits somebody out there.

Clarification on Armor:

Bosses in MoP have 24835 armor. We can calculate how much this reduces their damage by using the following formula: Damage Reduction = Target Armor / (Target Armor + 46257.5).
    This gives us a value of 0,34933361465696100151211449871646, or roughly a 34.5% reduction to physical damage. However, because we're using the 12% armor reduction on the boss, the boss only has 21854,8 armor. 21854.8 / ( 21854.8 + 46257.5 ) = 0,32086421982520044103634732640066, or roughly a 32% reduction.

Sources
    Formula for CS and J, and what they're affected by: Elitist Jerks & Maintankadin
    I used AskMrRobot to figure out my fully buffed AP.
    Armor formulas: Elitist Jerks

I originally added links for the sources, but I can't post those yet, if anyone is curious, feel free to whisper me for them.

Reposting this because the last post seems to have disappeared for no particular reason.

Hmm, when i try to import the string i'm getting
    ...\AddOns\Ace3\AceSerializer-3.0\AceSerializer-3.0.lua:175: Supplied data misses AceSerializer terminator ('^^')
    Is there some problem with import ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Hmm, when i try to import the string i'm getting
    ...\AddOns\Ace3\AceSerializer-3.0\AceSerializer-3.0.lua:175: Supplied data misses AceSerializer terminator ('^^')
    Is there some problem with import ?
    What are you attempting to import?
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

If anyone needs this is my icon code for Spark of Zandalar this is mine

local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count = IconAura("HELPFUL|PLAYER", "player", "Zandalari Warrior")
    if not visible then
    visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count = IconAura("HELPFUL|PLAYER", "player", "Spark of Zandalar")
    if not visible then return IconSpell("Zandalari Warrior") end
    return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count
    end
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

15+ Year Old Account
    ret package import
    On any of the imports your final 2 characters will be ^^ it terminates the import string, I checked the Ret import and the final 2 characters are ^^ as well so make sure you copied the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    On any of the imports your final 2 characters will be ^^ it terminates the import string, I checked the Ret import and the final 2 characters are ^^ as well so make sure you copied the entire thing.
    I'm probably copying something wrong, but is it not : http://pastebin.com/6E6behzD ? (because that's what i'm getting)

Deleted
    I'm probably copying something wrong, but is it not : http://pastebin.com/6E6behzD ? (because that's what i'm getting)
    No comment.

The full ret package import (from the first page, that is): http://pastebin.com/9LJscm5m

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    No comment.

The full ret package import (from the first page, that is): http://pastebin.com/9LJscm5m
    I guess must be something with my browser, because this is that was inside that code tag for me :/

Hey Req , I copied the rotation from your first post ( I excluded inqes and ss since I don't like them there ) but as I practiced on the dummy I noticed multiple times outside of cooldowns that when I hit 4HP even if I had CS available ( and I mean available and not just came off cd ) it still tells me to TV first instead of CS to 5HP.

Update: I'm sitting on the dummy with 4HP and the addon is telling me to use TV..... continously , no update to any filter.

Update2: After deleting tv4aw it's working fine now. I thought tv4aw only kicks in under wings ?

Deleted
    I'm getting errors related to engineering tinkers, but i'm not an engineer. Obviously the right answer would be to reroll engineering, but that's not really an option since it's too expensive. which icons should I remove to solve these? because I can't make head nor tails from that list.

Code:
    code error: [string "local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, coun..."]:3: 'then' expected near '~'in: local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Synapse Springs")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconItem(GetInventoryItemID("player", 10))
    if duration ~|= 0 then return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, nil, .5 end
    return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, nil, 1 end
    return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, nil, 1
    code error: [string "local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, coun..."]:3: 'then' expected near '~'
    in: local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Synapse Springs")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconItem(GetInventoryItemID("player", 10))
    if duration ~|= 0 then return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, nil, .5 end
    code error: [string "local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, coun..."]:3: 'then' expected near '~'
    in: local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Synapse Springs")
    in: local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Nitro Boosts")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconItem(GetInventoryItemID("player", 6))
    in: local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Nitro Boosts")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconItem(GetInventoryItemID("player", 6))
    in: local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Parachute")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconItem(GetInventoryItemID("player", 15))
    in: local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Parachute")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconItem(GetInventoryItemID("player", 15))

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 02:51 PM ----------

I guess must be something with my browser, because this is that was inside that code tag for me :/
    I had the same issue. the problem is that the final characters of the code block aren't actually ^^, but whitespaces. you need to select it without those final whitespaces.

Also, i figured out what the problem was with those engineering strings. in the behavior tab for boots, cloak and gloves, remove the | character between ~ and =.

10+ Year Old Account
    My clcinfo recently stopped showing timer on trinkets, the wings & GA works just fine. I'm not sure if this is due to omnicc or it's own preferences
    but does someone have a clue what it can be.

- I made the banner, so feel free to copy and share!

Hey guys, I don't really mean to start anything, but as it stands right now, the suggested priority for ret in the original post is wrong. I've shown earlier in this thread that you will do more DPS prioritizing Judgment over Crusader Strike when Hammer of Wrath is available, and I would hate for new players to get stuck in a wrong rotation.

If anything is unclear about why Judgment should be prioritized over CS, just ask me a question, and I'll do my best to answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by pedjaland View Post
    If anyone needs this is my icon code for Spark of Zandalar this is mine

local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count = IconAura("HELPFUL|PLAYER", "player", "Zandalari Warrior")
    if not visible then
    visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count = IconAura("HELPFUL|PLAYER", "player", "Spark of Zandalar")
    if not visible then return IconSpell("Zandalari Warrior") end
    end
    Thanks for posting the code for Spark of Zandalar, Just wanted to know if it's possible to track the amount of STACKS you currently have?

Hi !
    1st of all, thks a lot 4 hel with seal tracking icon, works great 4 me.
    Now im gonig to ask 4 a pair of weird icons, thats me

Simply one its a icon to track selfless healer only with 3 stacks, if possible, and duration.
    Second one its harder, im doing some bosses and some challenges to get better gold time, doing ranged damage. Any chance to put word of glory and wrath (simbiosis) on rotation priority.

Tks a lot again