Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    @Hesp

Using both DI and FDCL on multi-dot fights is overwhelming as you mentioned. So with FDCL currently bugged to wipe dots, we're using Mindbender not just because of the dot wipe, but because it makes it less hectic/annoying to only manage DI procs and a 60s CD Mindbender rather than both FDCL and DI procs - which can be overwhelming. Those definitely may end up best, but for now I wouldn't be too shocked by people busting out their Shadowy Octopussies: they're cute and awesome!

ToF also solves this problem tidily - but taking both proc talents feels kinda gross.
    Maybe I was getting a little unlucky with the RNG, but I definitely didn't feel overwhelmed and still pulled decent-ish DPS on both fights (67K Zon'ozz from 1 black phase, 45K Warmaster). At most I missed two procs so considering the responses so far, I think I may have been a little unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Maybe DI + Mindbender was a bad choice, but I felt really weak tonight... I used to be competitive, occasionally passing people with staffs, now I feel weak.
    It'll vary on the fight, but for single target fights DI falls behind ToF, for the pure and simple reason that it doesn't proc that much and the buff you gain at sub-20% is just ridiculous. Personally I don't like Mindbender, but I'll be rolling it next week to make some decisions regarding how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Or they should simply vanish over time, when out of combat.

But for now...Does someone know if the engeneer target dummy is still targetable (2 min CD seems ok for generating 2 Orbs between the tries), or if there are other things you can kill, if you run out of trash?
    I bloody well hope they don't vanish over time OOC. I know that in FL there are little critters you can target and kill (courtesy of an elitist boomkin I know) but I don't think there's anything in DS, sadly. Who knows about MoP, we can hope.

Also, I was told that crit is currently our best stat in this patch (I know come MoP it'll probably be different) but, is there any truth to this?

Deleted
    Only our dots+mindflay benefit from mastery afaik. So crit seems to be better :P

Concerning haste i go with 3051 for vt+2, looks good from my expirience
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2012-08-31 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Only our dots+mindflay benefit from mastery afaik. So crit seems to be better :P

Concerning haste i go with 3051 for vt+2, looks good from my expirience
    Mind Sear does too.

I know that crit is higher than mastery at the moment, but wouldn't mind some clarification on crit vs. haste. This guy apparently got his data from H2P but considering he was pulling 25K DPS on dummies compared to my 36K and he's in decent enough gear I'm slightly leaning to the fact he might've seen Holy reforges and though they were Shadow or something, I don't know. Hence, clarification would be nice haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Mind Sear does too.

I know that crit is higher than mastery at the moment, but wouldn't mind some clarification on crit vs. haste. This guy apparently got his data from H2P but considering he was pulling 25K DPS on dummies compared to my 36K and he's in decent enough gear I'm slightly leaning to the fact he might've seen Holy reforges and though they were Shadow or something, I don't know. Hence, clarification would be nice haha.

What holy reforges have you stacking 3k haste? Why would you discredit his information based on dummy damage? Just an FYI, anyone with CotC will get inflated dummy results, since it hits anything and everything in sight. I was getting well over 40k on Tuesday because of this.

Hitting the VT+2 breakpoint then prioritizing crit is imo the way to go as turtle said. I'm sitting right around 3100 haste. I couldn't really get much lower without replacing gems, and didn't want to mess with it before raid. At level 90 you'll want to hit the 8085 haste point then prioritize crit>mastery>=haste. Twintop has a good breakdown analysis on his blog, which is referenced at H2P.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2012-08-31 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    What holy reforges have you stacking 3k haste? Hitting the VT+2 breakpoint then prioritizing crit is imo the way to go as turtle said. I'm sitting right around 3100 haste. I couldn't really get much lower without replacing gems, and didn't want to mess with it before raid. At level 90 you'll want to hit the 8085 haste point then prioritize crit>mastery>=haste. Twintop has a good breakdown analysis on his blog, which is referenced at H2P.
    I think you misunderstood what I said. I meant that the guy said Crit >>> Haste at all times, hence why I thought he *might* have been going from a Holy reforge. That said, I know that Even Holy has haste breakpoints so meh. Moment of absolute derp I guess.
    But cheers for the clarification nonetheless.