Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Prot Pally waiting game...

Anyone else feel like they are waiting for abilities to come off cool down with nothing useful to do in between?

Crusader Strike / Judgement / Holy Wrath / Avenger's Shield / Consecration / Shield of the Righteous. I don't

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the same abilities we had on longer cool downs for the ones we use most often. It doesn't feel right to me.

Deleted
    maybe u dont know but , now we use AOE skills even when we are not doing AOE, so if u are only using Avenger shield/sentence/crusader strike and SOTR u may aswell use consecration and holy wrath in between and probably u will die from boredom, as i have my action bar empy..... and if they dont change something , as it is now , im not gona lvl as a prot paladin and i have done it from lvl 10 to lvl 85 before, sad time :S , gona try to go ret or lvl up my mage first , dont know yet , as its now account wide mounts and achievements.. so its dosnt matter as much as before...

If u have the WORD of glory gliph u may aswell cast it to damage enemies, as its does much more damage than SOTR, and never use SOTR while lvl/doing dailies/farming as its probably to usseless for the tinny amount that non elite minions hit u
    Last edited by mmocf8d92a9ebb; 2012-08-29 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems pretty fine to me, maybe a half second delay every now and then but... no problems here.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just me then. We did heroic DS and I just felt like I was hitting less keys. I've always been a bit of a macro masher, so that half second delay seems like ages for me -.-
    Last edited by Reg; 2012-08-29 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made up for that by hitting hard. 189k SHOTR and loads of 100k + judgements make me dribble. Not on Zon'ozz either, I'd expect it there - Ultraxion.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The ability usage is definitely a lot slower than it was in the past, that much is certain.

A lot of the change seems to be due to the longer c/d on CS/HotR. That is what makes it feel so much slower. ShotR being off the GCD really helps that though.

I find Prot to be way more active than before. You got 2 Holy Power builders (better than 1 before!), can use Consecration and Holy Wrath, on-cooldown, and never be concerned with Mana. There is the odd lull in activity, maybe 1.5sec every like 30-45, but really, that is way better than it was in 4.3, IMO.

If you wanna add some "maintenance" into your build, grab Sacred Shield, so you can mix that in every 30sec too (and since it scales with Spell Power... which is derived from 50% Attack Power, which is based on Vengeance.... yeah, big bubbles).
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-08-30 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No worse than Ret was pre patch. There's some thumb-twiddling time, but not much.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    I think GC said on a thread some time ago that this was intended so when you are in a Boss fight or w/e you can pop cooldowns in between without hurting your rotation that much. I may be wrong tho D: ...Feels kinda the same with a warrior, dk and druid.

Nah, you're wrong lol.
    I have not experienced a single delay over half a second since the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Nah, you're wrong lol.
    I have not experienced a single delay over half a second since the patch.
    But a half second is a delay and repeating the same delay over and over is in fact a delay. That might not seem like a lot to you, but to me it is.

It's not much of a waiting game, once you factor in getting back to progression there will be other abilities you are going to hit that are outside your normal rotation that can/will effect your rotation. Too be honest having it's nice now, case before the patch i felt like a dps that held aggro, at least now i have to manage something for my survival.
    Last edited by silvertitan; 2012-09-03 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At level 90 you have one extra button to press too.

Deleted
    Probably old news for the most but I try to be of some help at least :P

Quote Originally Posted by theckhd
    Your rotation is going to feel a little slower until you get the rhythm of it – once you train your brain out of hitting Crusader Strike every other GCD, it starts to feel very natural. We tank in a three-step now, CS-X-X. The rough outline of the rotation is:

CS-J-X- CS-X-J – CS-X-X-

X’s get filled with Avenger’s Shield, Consecration, and Holy Wrath in that order (and Sacred Shield for survivability, of course). Never prioritize Grand Crusader procs ahead of CS or J, it’s a net loss of both DPS and holy power generation (HPG).

Shield of the Righteous and WoG are off-GCD now, so you can slip them in during the GCD.

Don’t use up Bastion of Glory (BoG) stacks as soon as you have 5. WoG is still a very powerful reactive tool, and should be used that way. It’s perfectly fine to sit on 5 stacks of BoG for minutes at a time. The important thing is that they’re there when you really need that big WoG.

I feel like once or twice a minute I run into a 2 second gap with no ability. It will be better at 90 depending on what talent you pick up, but for now there's definitely some moments with nothing to press. I feel its because SotR and WoG are off the GCD which means more holes in the rotation compared to 4.0.

At times I feel almost like a Warrior with Heroic Strike spam now that our finishers are off the GCD. Theres times where I might be at 5 Holy Power, cast WoG then get a Divine Purpose proc, then WoG again, hit a CS to gain another Holy Power and then WoG again. In the span of 3 seconds I may end up hitting 4 or 5+ abilities. It's really making my question some my key placements since their initial placement was based around a much slower 4.0 rotation.

Contemplation seems like an excellent spell to fit those gaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    I feel like once or twice a minute I run into a 2 second gap with no ability. It will be better at 90 depending on what talent you pick up, but for now there's definitely some moments with nothing to press. I feel its because SotR and WoG are off the GCD which means more holes in the rotation compared to 4.0.

At times I feel almost like a Warrior with Heroic Strike spam now that our finishers are off the GCD. Theres times where I might be at 5 Holy Power, cast WoG then get a Divine Purpose proc, then WoG again, hit a CS to gain another Holy Power and then WoG again. In the span of 3 seconds I may end up hitting 4 or 5+ abilities. It's really making my question some my key placements since their initial placement was based around a much slower 4.0 rotation.
    It also depends on the fight. On something like Ultraxion where my cooldowns are cut in half, I can fill a lot of that time with Divine Protection or Ardent Defender. Still has gaps since both those abilities are 30 seconds (I think) and 1.5 minutes with the buff. (GoAK is saved for soaks) And remember, you can also take the downtime to refresh Sacred Shield.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, quite the reverse actually I've found on a few occasions that I have two or three things I could push and generally unless I really mess up there's something to push almost all the time, if there ARE waits they're short, and far apart, which is fine.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30