Deleted

London GB Paralympics 2012

We had a stickied thread to discuss the Olympics, is there any chance we could have the same for the Paralympics? Or maybe get this thread stickied so we can discuss the events, athletes, drama and such here for the duration?

On topic, if not, the opening ceremony is incredible!
    Last edited by mmoc36f8af66e9; 2012-08-30 at 12:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will have to depend on the interest in the thread and the event. The Olympics Thread was a special project that Fengore and I worked on for a few weeks leading up to the Olympics. It was a lot of work. We don't have any plans to cover the Paralympics in the same way. That said, if you wish to do something similar to what we did feel free to do so. If you need help, just ask and if it generates a lot of interest I'll sticky it for you. Otherwise, people can feel free to discuss it in a normal thread.

Deleted
    Yeah I don't really have the time to make such an epic thread like you did with the last one. Was just a thought, thanks anyway Fuzzzie.

The paralympic's opening ceremony was awesome. I actually preferred it to the Olympic opening ceremony as it had a clearer narrative and the right blend on The Tempest and science related stuff. It also had some pretty spectacular Ian McKellan dancing too.

I would recommend watching it if you can find it, it was pretty cool.

Deleted
    Yes the paralympic's opening ceremony was better that the Olympic! The Paralympic IS the best exemple for sportivity and combativity!

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be doing the coverage the way I did the Olympics, it was exhausting and I'm going to be a while before I cover anything that huge again.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

There's been a ton of inspirational stuff at the Paralympics (I'll post some pics probably Friday evening) but this is just too good, the sight of Gideon Osborne squirming like this is one of my all time favourite moments

Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.