Thread: heating up proc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Anyone found an add-on that makes the heating up proc only appear is inferno blast is off of cooldown?
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    It took me some practice to get used, but overall I'm loving it. So many insta pyros, I'm surprised Inferno Blast isn't on a much bigger cd.
    Anyways, what I do:

1. start & finish casting fireball 1
    2. start casting fireball 2 while fireball 1 is on its way to target
    3. fireball 1 crits, i get a heating up proc
    4. finishing casting fireball 2 and queue inferno blast
    5. inferno blast hits before fireball 2 hits target, 2nd crit happens and you get ur insta pyro

It seems easier if you'r not right on top of the boss, the time travel seems to help in this case.

Disclaimer: I don't have DTR to mess up with heating up.
    This is how you seal the deal. You get to use pyroblast A LOT with this new rotation. DTR does fuck it up sometimes but why should I bother when MoP is around the corner?
    Basically, the rotation is going to get more difficult the further away you stand since you have to wait for your first fireball to land before you start casting your third fireball, to decide if you're supposed to hit inferno blast or another fireball.

the flight time for FB and FFB has been sped up by alot, i've not tested it but being at 40yard "should" be ok, the sweet spot is probably at around 30-20 yards or so

Deleted
    At least I can say, DTR procs from Nether Tempest do NOT destroy 'Heating Up' procs. But sometimes the flight time + your casting speed will eat some 'Heating Ups'..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    At least I can say, DTR procs from Nether Tempest do NOT destroy 'Heating Up' procs. But sometimes the flight time + your casting speed will eat some 'Heating Ups'..
    I agree. Also, in LFR my FPS drops down to 12-15 at times, which makes me miss a lot of Inferno Blasts. Very frustrating. I'm hoping an upgraded laptop will fix that though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuma View Post
    Anyone found an add-on that makes the heating up proc only appear is inferno blast is off of cooldown?
    I have setup Weak Aura to do this for me, dont have access to wow at the moment, but will post the weak aura setup (much) later today.

I use a stopcasting macro if I'm on top of the boss like Ultraxion for example. For the rest, once you have some distance, just queue up infernoblast and it should hit before your second FB hits the target.

Deleted
    I dont use a stopcast, simply cast IB the moment FB cast finishes and you will be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TomDeBaere View Post
    [...]For the rest, once you have some distance, just queue up infernoblast and it should hit before your second FB hits the target.
    Yeah, buf if the critical FB hits the target some tenth of a second right before your next FB is casted, let's say 0,2s, then you need a quite good reaction to queue up IB instead of "spamming" the next FB... which is almost impossible.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2012-09-02 at 08:35 AM.

Yeah, buf if the critical FB hits the target some tenth of a second right before your next FB is casted, let's say 0,2s, then you need a quite good reaction to queue up IB instead of "spamming" the next FB... which is almost impossible.
    ??

His point was, that once ur fireball crits, you are allready casting your next fireball and after that fireball releases all you simply have to do is to land an IB before that 2nd fireball hits

Deleted
    Most of the posts here are correct about how Inferno Blast should be used and as others have already said, no, Inferno Blast isn't "bugged" in any way. However, I'd like to add that since DWTR can duplicate Inferno Blast, so after an Inferno Blast which gives you a Hot Streak, throw your Pyroblast immediately as the Inferno Blast might duplicate, and coupled with the already traveling fireball might give you another Hot Streak proc if the Fireball will crit (essentially wasting one if you don't use the Pyroblast immediately).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    ??

His point was, that once ur fireball crits, you are allready casting your next fireball and after that fireball releases all you simply have to do is to land an IB before that 2nd fireball hits
    You're right and I also agreed with his opinion ("Yeah" in my answer), just adding a special situation which makes it more difficult to land an IB without /stopcasting the next FB.

0s: Begin to cast 1st FB
    1,8s: FB released
    1,8s: Begin to cast 2nd FB
    3,5s: 1st FB critically hits the target
    3,6s: 2nd FB released
    3,6s: IB / queued up 3rd FB
    -----> Now you have to cast IB, but as there is only a time zone of 0,1s before casting the 3rd FB, you already queued up the 3rd FB (spamming etc.) or you have such good reactions to see the Heating Up 0,1s before the 2nd FB is released, you know what I mean?
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2012-09-02 at 10:12 AM.

You're right and I also agreed with his opinion ("Yeah" in my answer), just adding a special situation which makes it more difficult to land an IB without /stopcasting the next FB.

0s: Begin to cast 1st FB
    1,8s: FB released
    1,8s: Begin to cast 2nd FB
    3,5s: 1st FB critically hits the target
    3,6s: 2nd FB released
    3,6s: IB / queued up 3rd FB
    -----> Now you have to cast IB, but as there is only a time zone of 0,1s before casting the 3rd FB, you already queued up the 3rd FB (spamming etc.) or you have such good reactions to see the Heating Up 0,1s before the 2nd FB is released, you know what I mean?
    yeah, i get it.. though you have to be quite far away for it to happen. not saying it wont though.