Thread: DroodFocus

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DroodFocus

I updated/got it to work, with 5.0.4. Probably one of the best druid addons and I couldn't live without it. It works with my current setup, may not work for you, just an fyi. Hopefully it works for everyone else . I changed mangle to infected wounds and pulverize to savage defense. If you are able to get it to work you can just go in to the config menu and change any icon to w/e you like. Hope this helps fellow druids.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...roodFocus.html
    Last edited by baller1308; 2012-08-31 at 12:30 PM.

I love you. So Hard.

Deleted
    Hello
    first of all, sadden for my English, I would have wanted to know how you in fact to put droodfocus up to date. You used a particular software? Which file or syntax you modified (on droodfocus) It would interest me a lot because I dash into the creation of adon but I am a little lost:
    Thank you for your answers
    Last edited by mmoc33ff21d175; 2012-08-30 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    O M G, thank you thank you, can't wait to get home and update my favorite druid addon of all times!

10+ Year Old Account
    Baller my friend you are in fact... a BALLER. If this works really, I want to thank you so much. I was bummed down yesterday when I saw that DF is not showing and working at all. Big piece of cake to you man, awesome!

Was so "sad" when i read he wouldnt update it for MoP. I dont dare download this one u linked yet, waiting for ppl to approve it. Not sure its safe!

Ty so much.. Its safe .D

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 10:38 AM ----------

Ty so much for update. Testing

I've been searching a lot for another decent addon like DroodFocus after I mentioned it wasn't working, but couldn't really find anything similar. Gonna test it when I'm home!

Thnx a lot!!

I have made the same thing with my druid and rogue using weak auras, but this is going to come back and be updated i will use it again...

Its not gonna be updated in MOP ?.........................That just mature sucks.

Deleted
    I was having problems with tracking SR in the iconbars 1, the solution is change the Spell ID 52610 for 127538 and you will see this buff on your iconbars finally.

Here is a list of SpellID's that might need updating:
    Rake: 1822
    Rip: 1079
    Savage Roar: 127538
    Weakened Armor (Faerie Fire): 113746 (Uncheck "Show yours debuffs only")
    Weakened Blows (Thrash): 115798 (Uncheck "Show yours debuffs only")
    Lacerate: 33745
    Tiger's Fury: 5217
    Berserk: 106951
    Survival Instincts: 61336
    Might of Ursoc: 106922

You can find another working copy and discussion here

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 05:03 PM ----------

Also folks something you will need to update as soon as you drop the T13 2p is Rip's BitW threshold. I am at work so I can't post the exact directions, but I will when I get home if someone doesn't beat me to it.

me love u long time i had start searching for another addon since power auras did not work and its scary out there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoo View Post
    me love u long time i had start searching for another addon since power auras did not work and its scary out there
    If power auras was your choice might want to try weakauras, I like it better and it's already working. I used to use powerauras as well but I'm not going back now.

You guys think there is any change curse will get it updated via other's uploading an update? I like to download from curse only, and havent even done any DPS since patch, so kinda wanna try l2play again

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    You guys think there is any change curse will get it updated via other's uploading an update? I like to download from curse only, and havent even done any DPS since patch, so kinda wanna try l2play again
    I don't think it will be updated unless the author updates it or if someone creates a separate updated addon like I've seen in the past. I played a little bit yesterday and made some spell list changes, but it seems to works fine. I did run into an error when trying the change glyphs in a bg, but it worked fine outside the bg.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pomedepin View Post
    Hello
    first of all, sadden for my English, I would have wanted to know how you in fact to put droodfocus up to date. You used a particular software? Which file or syntax you modified (on droodfocus) It would interest me a lot because I dash into the creation of adon but I am a little lost:
    Thank you for your answers
    The errors that were coming up were mainly due to the API changes that blizzard made. Once I got those fixed/updated the other issue was the spell IDs that were removed/combined. I played a bit yesterday and ran some dungeons and didn't run into anymore errors besides trying the change glyphs in a bg.

I'll try to post it up on curse or wowinterface if someone hasn't done so already.
    Last edited by baller1308; 2012-08-30 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two problems I have with this. Infected Wounds not displaying time remaining on the icon, but its not a big of a deal.

The other thing is when I dsplay Berserk icon with a spell ID 106951 with 'Ready' mode selected (which most people have I assume to see when its off cooldown and can be used again) it is displaying the RDY text all the time - even when it it on cooldown.

But when I display Berserk icon with spell ID 106952 it displays the RDY text correctly (only if it is off cooldown) but it is not displaying remaining time (I have it displaying in top left corner of an icon and by remaining time I mean time remaining to Berserk buff to wear off).

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this, because now basically I have two Berserk icons, one next to the other, which is kinda annoying after a while. On one I have the text saying when it is ready and on the other I have the time remaining to the end of Berserk buff.

Beside the spell ID both spells and icons settings in Droodfocus are exactly the same.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by khair; 2012-08-30 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by googla View Post
    Was so "sad" when i read he wouldnt update it for MoP. I dont dare download this one u linked yet, waiting for ppl to approve it. Not sure its safe!
    It's safe, trust me . Anyways, when I get back from dinner I'll put my old DroodFocus folder back and see what errors come up and try to explain how to fix them. In the meantime if you don't want to wait, you could always grab the BugSack addon and see what it populates and just go to the LUA to fix it. It's not too hard, just some googling for the API's and you should be able to fix it.

===============================

1st Error:

1x DroodFocus-4.3.9\DroodFocus_icons.lua:273: attempt to call method "SetDrawEdge" (a nil value)

That is the first error I encountered. So I go to my addons folder, open DroodFocus_icons.lua, check line 273.
    I googled SetDrawEdge and found that it is no longer supported in 5.0.4. I couldn't find the replacement API
    so I just commented it out.

frames[i].cooldownframe:SetDrawEdge(true)
    To:
    --frames[i].cooldownframe:SetDrawEdge(true)

Save the changes and use /reload ui. After the reload you should see some of DroodFocus show up, bars, icons etc.

2nd Error:

1x DroodFocus-4.3.9\DroodFocus_infos.lua:128: attempt to call global "GetExpertisePercent" (a nil value)

Another API that was changed. Again, just go to DroodFocus_infos.lua line 128. Another function change.
    Did a Google search and found GetExpertise() is the new function. All I did was take off 'Percent'.

local expertise=GetExpertisePercent()

To:
    local expertise=GetExpertise()

Save the changes and use /reload ui.

3rd Error:

34x DroodFocus-4.3.9\DroodFocus_core.lua:362: attempt to call global "GetNumRaidMembers" (a nil value)

DroodFocus_core.lua line 362. Googled GetNumRaidMembers, no longer supported in 5.0.4. Found GetNumGroupMembers did the same thing as what GetNumRaidMembers previously did.

return GetNumRaidMembers()

To:
    return GetNumGroupMembers()

Save and /reload ui.

If everything was successful you shouldn't have any more erros and the addon should work. Icons will be
    missing on the icon tracker bar but you can fix that by opening /df options and going in to the spells list
    and adding the new spell ID's.

Hope this helps, maybe even gave some confidence in fixing any future addons that break with patches.
    I had never done any LUA coding prior to this and luckily this addons wasn't beyond repair.
    Last edited by baller1308; 2012-08-31 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks buddie.

I wish CatRotationHelper would get updated too, that was probably my favourite addon for my kitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Thanks buddie.

I wish CatRotationHelper would get updated too, that was probably my favourite addon for my kitty.
    I have been a CatRotationHelper devotee since wrath. I finally got sick of waiting each patch for it to be fixed and I made a version of WeakAuras that does the exact same thing. I can post the script to load it at some point if anyone is interested.