Reason for permanent ban?

I have recently got a permanent ban from playing GW2 during the past 3 hours.

I have used the chat a couple of times to help people or point out events going on. I have not sworn in chat or use any type of bot. I have been reading reddit/twitter and people who have had their account hacked got banned to save the account. I sent in a customer support ticket to arenanet but I'm kind of worried because of other people saying how long the wait time is.

Is anyone else encountering this issue right now, other than this I'm having a great time .

Also, I have not received any confirmation on why or how I got this Ban.
    Last edited by dezzick; 2012-08-30 at 03:23 AM.

That seems odd, have you tried the reddit thread?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know it's permanent?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That seems odd, have you tried the reddit thread?
    Yes, I have seen the reddit thread. Specifically the GW2 Status update and there have been a couple of people with the same issue.

@DrakeWurrum When I log in there's an error and says I have been permanently banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I actually got a response on the Reddit thread about the whole Banned thing, so here's from the ArenaNet Support Team:

from ArenaNetSupportTeam via /r/Guildwars2/ sent 8 hours ago
    show parent

While the message may say you were "permanently banned" that is just to make sure that you get in touch with support in order to get the account secured and to get it back into your hands. I will see if we can adjust that wording -- I admit it's scary!
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. So basically it's a sort of account compromise problem.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Contact them and explain your situation, if you are not lying to us you should not worrie.

Its a pain ofcourse because you cant play, but if you didnt do something wrong they will help you out ofcourse.

I have very good experiences with GW2 support.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you by any chance get a mail saying someone tried to change your password?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!