Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I agree it's too hard for players they aimed to. Not every player is experienced raider, dungeon master and etc, but I bet every person wish to do their personal story.

btw, reall problems starts at 50+ so stop with "I'm lvl 30 and there's no problem for me" please.
    And yet, he said hes having problems at the 8th or 9th personal quest, which correct me if I'm worng is around the level 30-40 range.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    And yet, he said hes having problems at the 8th or 9th personal quest, which correct me if I'm worng is around the level 30-40 range.
    not everyone is equally skilled, but in general there's big step in dificulity after 50.
    also, there are differences between classes, races, and faction. so for someone lvl 30 quest ca nbe easy, for some other don't.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've had this problem a couple of times in the Elementalist story quests. At one point I was downranked a level below the mobs I was fighting, then had to deal with packs of 3-4 of them at a time in tight quarters. It was very not fun. It definitely feels like the game could use a bit more tweaking in this area. I appreciate a challenge, but some of these quest encounters are just brutal and cheap deaths don't make for very compelling gameplay.

I could make a huge list but it would just feel like pointless whining, so I'll leave it at that.

Obviously I want the multiplayer content to remain very hard. I have no problem pulling double duty as DPS and support/healing for Champion-level encounters in the world. They are always a ton of fun, despite the bugs -- we were fighting Gargantula in Harathi Highlands (I think?) and she kept bugging on the geometry and resetting her health to full. But it was hilarious and fun the whole time and we eventually got her down after the 3rd soft reset despite the glitch. I want to feel that same sense of accomplishment in every story quest.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

just wait till the quests in the 60-80 range. those are a total blast... they take an hour and hurt like mad

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i personally havent had any problems, but then again im playing a thief and can kite all day long.

i think the only die i had trouble was when i tried doing a quest that was 5 levels higher than me, that was rather difficult but i still got it done

10+ Year Old Account
    I always makes sure i am at least recommended level, rolling with a Long/short bow (Ranger) sees me thru, the two time i have died was from me being stupid and or not reading what i had to do properly

No, not impossibly hard. Some of them are challenging, sure. But, that is also a good thing. It should not be an instant-win.

The personal storyline quests once you hit Orr (70-80) get quite difficult. And just in case you didn't have it rough before, they made sure the mobs do all sorts of evil stuff to you (pulls, AoE, self-healing, condition removing, etc...).
    I really enjoy the added challenge instead of being given an easy quest. It really makes me feel like I worked hard to achieve something.

Now just to wait for them to fix the last quest in the storyline....
    SW:TOR - Jedi Covenant (US East) Lvl 50 Toons: Akie (Ptech) / Rellyn (Sorc) / Raelor (Mara), Miya (Op) / Reirin (Sage)
    League of Legends - NA Server - Elrendor
    Guild Wars 2 - Sorrow's Furnace (NA) - Ryn Firestorm / Akee Bloodbringer

Some are fairly difficult and also buggy which just adds to the difficulty. As a ranger I find most of them not very difficult cause of my pet tank but playing with my thief it's so much harder and I also live in Australia which does not help in moving out of the way/dodging spells.

- the second last quest was horrible and the illusion eyes bugged out and stayed there even after I had cheaply killed the real eye by standing in a sweet spot and jabbing him with my arrows.
    I believe it's time for me to be famous.

Being a elementalist, those destroyers that come in packs and burn you made me rage, same with those risens that go turbo mode on you, still got through in the end but annoying.

I have yet to have any issues on personal story quests.. I don't know, maybe its class dependent?

My elementalist gets her ass hat-handed for her, while my ranger breezes through the personal quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    And the downranking typically puts you at +2 or +3 in level above the mobs. Not much but it's better than being -2 or worse.
    Actually I tried it again last night. It put me at the same level as the mobs. I was level 16 and have to fight a group of 5 level 16s. I died a few times and gave up. Maybe I'll try again at a later date, but it's been pretty much instant death for me. All 5 target me right at the start.

Edit to add the area I have to fight in is a ravine with rock walls and a river runs through it too deep to stand in. There's a rock platform on the side not big enough to circle strafe on. There is a little shallow water, but it's a thin strip so it's hard to tell where the edge is. It's just not fun, makes me wish I selected different choices earlier in the story.
    Last edited by romara; 2012-09-06 at 12:08 PM.

Heh, the only PS quest that was super brutal for me was, as a condition-based engineer build with dual pistols, my choice for allying with the Skritt putting me up against god damn Destroyers, which are immune to burning... which happens to be the majority of my damage. That was around the time I learned the fine art of kiting 30 mobs with a grenade kit for 15 minutes.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 05:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by romara View Post
    Actually I tried it again last night. It put me at the same level as the mobs. I was level 16 and have to fight a group of 5 level 16s. I died a few times and gave up. Maybe I'll try again at a later date, but it's been pretty much instant death for me. All 5 target me right at the start.
    Try changing up your traits, if need be, or trying a different weapon, or even a different strategy entirely as I did. Up until my example I had never even TOUCHED the grenade kit, but it turned out to be the answer to my difficulties, and I had a great time.

Don't take it head on.

there was that sylvari quest where you help save the girlfriend (DIABLO STLYE). But later when i walked up to the hill she was on i saw there were invulnerability elixirs and what not lying there

DOH

Never found them bad, in fact I find them ridiculously easy and predictable but that's a different matter. All I do is be sure to swap weapons, use my boons and move a lot + make good use of my pets abilities.

So it appears that the central recurring theme in this thread is that rangers have it pretty good right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    So it appears that the central recurring theme in this thread is that rangers have it pretty good right now.
    That we do. As annoyed as I get when Risen decide to run at 100 miles an hour, it's still doable and rarely do I die.