Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Unholy Ghoul randomly dying/despawning?

Every dungeon/raid I try, my ghoul unexpectedly dies-or-despawns. I haven't actually SEEN him die-despawn, I just look up and his health bar is missing and I get no damage read from his attacks.
    He doesn't have aggro and isn't getting beat on, and then *poof* he's gone. It's been happening so often that I'm still on the Raise Dead cooldown when it happens again and I have to wait to resummon him.
    Anybody else notice this?

i havent seen him die at all but i have seen him despawn randomly but luckly it was not while i was in battle

10+ Year Old Account
    Having the same problem with Warlock demons. The problem is the pets now have an innate Superhuge Threat Buff, and (at least the demons) have an additional threat modifier of 500% that comes autocasted that you can turn off. They pull aggro on anything they touch with one hit and won't give it back and then melt because their HP got nerfed.

... Anyway that's what it looks like to me.
    Last edited by Omertocracy; 2012-08-30 at 04:43 AM.

I seem to remember something like this happening back in WoTLK. I have very specific memories of being in Naxx and having my ghoul become useless, and then I would try and summon a new one and nothing would happen and the raise dead timer would be on cool down. I wonder why this very old bug has reappeared?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasnt the hunter pet like that too if you were on a mount and dismounted its health would be at 1% or something
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I had a very similar problem running dragon soul last night. My pet died maybe 20 times over the course of the raid, which greatly hindered my dps as many times when it died the resummon was still on cooldown. I really hope this is a bug and not intended.

Deleted
    damn looks like i chose a good time to play blood, haha

suicidal ghoul sucks donkey wang.

Seems more like the pet immunity to aoe is no longer working, haven't tested this though.

Edit: Just updated omen and it is showing timmy rather high
    Last edited by BDF; 2012-08-30 at 08:15 AM.

Deleted
    I ran into this last night as well, and another even weirder bug too. In the first part of DS LFR I was unholy, and the ghoul kept dying. After that I did the second part of DS in LFR too, but I switched to blood spec, but my unholy ghoul was still there, name, no duration and all. This time he didn't die, probably because as a tank he couldn't outthreat me.

Yeah Timmy was despawning a lot, or getting killed (though i wish i had checked to see if it was from threat or from aoe). Hope they fix it soon.

similar thread going on in the dk wow boards, seems the aoe dmg reduction is bugged and possibly some other mechanic is wonky.

Definitely noticed this too, actually the reason I came on this board. It's pretty brutal, I'm constantly having to babysit the turd now. And like someone said I'm getting forced the cd on Raise Dead because of it.

Also, did timmy ever regenerate health out of combat? I saw him sitting at 50k forever after combat and I thought that was somewhat lame.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time to play 2h Frost for a bit i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Taegy2 View Post
    Time to play 2h Frost for a bit i guess.
    Its funny you say that - i just switched over to 2hand frost to give it a whirl while timmy is being all spastic.
    It's ok, pulling bout the same as i was with unholy - little better in some fights, which isn't bad considering i've never played frost before. It's less smooth and more twitchy/trigger happy with procs than unholy.

Having to refresh blood plague every now and then can be annoying (i miss festering strike)

haha yes... Was noticing this all DS yesterday... annoying as I had to keep checking if my pet bar was there lol
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

My warlock pet keeps despawning, but I don't know why. I think it's every time I change zones. I just know I've had to summon it a lot the last 2 days.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Yeah, I've had some of the same issues with my ghoul while running a DS last night. During any sort of AOE I would notice my ghoul's health bar disappearing pretty much immediately (ie. Yor'sajh trash). Another thing was that whenever I transformed my ghoul he would start taking chunks of damage right away and drop soon after. Some tanks on forums have said they have seen pets getting aggro so idk. Either way it's making UH almost unplayable since our pets are a big portion of damage, pleeaasse don't make me play frost...

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    haha yes... Was noticing this all DS yesterday... annoying as I had to keep checking if my pet bar was there lol
    Lol, I ended up just setting my pet as a focus, long story short, it didn't help.
    Last edited by Smiegel; 2012-08-31 at 02:56 PM.

I know the warlock in our DS last night was having problems with his pet. It was a melee one and it would run in on every trash pull, get aggro and die. I think there is an issue with pets getting threat and then just getting stomped. I think when it wasn't dead from aggro it seemed to be fine on AoE.

I'm frost so I'm just talking from experience with our lock's pet.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Really? That's what a PvE player considers to be annoying? This is why PvE players get bashed sometimes... Come on man

Don't derail threads
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-08-31 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    I know the warlock in our DS last night was having problems with his pet. It was a melee one and it would run in on every trash pull, get aggro and die. I think there is an issue with pets getting threat and then just getting stomped. I think when it wasn't dead from aggro it seemed to be fine on AoE.

I'm frost so I'm just talking from experience with our lock's pet.
    If it was a felguard, he probably left it's taunt on.

I know blueberries, felguards, and all hunter pets had their taunt changed from a big threat spike to a straight up taunt.

Health seems a tad lower than it used to be, and yeah, Big-aoes seem to be killing the pet outright.

I've also noticed that the pets don't jump with you in madness, they just run through the water (which means he'll despawn when moving from red to blue because you get that speed boost)