Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giorsal View Post
    It would be nice if they made a smarter system that wouldn't give you an item you already had, though I imagine they'll work up to it eventually. But I'll take the new system over the heroic geared jerk rolling on everything and lol'ing about taking gear from people who could actually use it.
    They won't do that, because it then goes back to "gaming the system". Where you get items in heroic/normal and then run LFR for that 1 piece that hasn't dropped and once everything is ruled out you know you'll automatically get it when you win the roll. Plus they've already said they won't go that far with the system.

Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    I got a healing trinket as a shadow priest >.> It was actually the only piece I still needed from lfr though so I was happy ^^
    I ran LFR with a few friends last night just for the heck of it (we were bored). One of the healers I ran with in won Cunning (she was a disc/holy priest). She never ever switches to a dps spec. The spriest in our little group of friends was annoyed over it since it's never dropped for her in any DS run (LFR, Normal, or Heroic). It was the one piece of loot she needed. Of course it couldn't be traded, so it made the wound sting a little more.

I ran the first four bosses this morning on one of my alt druids, we had a resto shammy claim he won Cunning off Morchok. Talk about some pissed off casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Madisyn View Post
    I ran LFR with a few friends last night just for the heck of it (we were bored). One of the healers I ran with in won Cunning (she was a disc/holy priest). She never ever switches to a dps spec. The spriest in our little group of friends was annoyed over it since it's never dropped for her in any DS run (LFR, Normal, or Heroic). It was the one piece of loot she needed. Of course it couldn't be traded, so it made the wound sting a little more.

I ran the first four bosses this morning on one of my alt druids, we had a resto shammy claim he won Cunning off Morchok. Talk about some pissed off casters.
    Except it doesn't matter what he won, he didn't take any loot away from anyone. The other classes just didn't roll higher then 85 (or whatever the cut off for gear is).

Most likely they didn't set specific roles for DS LFR loot and it just sees "Oh, this trinket has Int, shamans can use it" and gives it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    And best of all: No need to wait for other players to greed, need or time out.
    Yeah its so awesome. You dont have to wait for everyone else and then have some idiot start the next boss before the loot goes out.

The only thing I dont like is I really need the shield from Warmaster and I won the internal roll on that boss but it gave me a tier piece I already had. I wish it was a little smarter that way, if you have the piece or better and there are 2 items you can use, it should give you the one you dont have. It probably wont be a problem in Mists as long as there are enough bosses so that they only drop 1 useful piece for each class.

The only thing i wish it did was be smarter about the choice of loot. ie you wont win duplicate items. But then i guess some would like that - ie winning a second tier piece for offspec.
    The inability to trade loot any more is a negative. Sure if people know you won XYZ you'll get beggars hassling you. But if your loot is unknown to all but you, you can choose whether or not to respond to the "hey did anyone get the vanq tier legs? i could really use them" request in chat.
    Last edited by dexx; 2012-09-06 at 05:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    The only thing i wish it did was be smarter about the choice of loot. ie you wont win duplicate items. But then i guess some would like that - ie winning a second tier piece for offspec.
    why? why should LFR be exclusively different? it is possible to see a duplicate items drop in 5 mans, it also happens in other raid difficulties, why would it be any different in LFR?

RNG is RNG. be glad it doesnt give you cloth armor when you are a plate wearer.

and no.. trading is completely counter productive to solving the problems that exist. it would lead to bringing friends/guildies to cheat the system.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-09-06 at 05:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    The inability to trade loot any more is a negative. Sure if people know you won XYZ you'll get beggars hassling you. But if your loot is unknown to all but you, you can choose whether or not to respond to the "hey did anyone get the vanq tier legs? i could really use them" request in chat.
    Smarter loot dropping would be a bad idea, because it would cause people to gear up faster which is not the intent of this change in loot. Its not made for people to try and get the last piece that they need, its just to prevent the asshole-ery which the current system somewhat encourages. Same reason they don't allow the trading of pieces; your solution of not allowing others to see your loot would alleviate that, but basically both of your suggestions are ways to get gear that you need, and that's not the point of LFR. Its supposed to be as RNG in getting what you want as gearing up always has been, and the way they have it set up does that.

I think the new loot system is brilliant for grouping/raiding with random people.

Though there are a few bugs here and there. Like why would I recieve a damage proc item when I am raiding as a healer? I honestly don't beleieve that the designer view is to make the healers spam instant damage spells to trigger a proc?

Source from Ghostcrawler:
    The boss dies.
    Each player has a chance to win loot, independent of the other players.
    For each player who wins loot, the game randomly assigns them a spec-appropriate item from that boss’s loot table. This subset contains only items that the game (meaning the designers in this case) thinks are appropriate for your class and current spec.
    Notice that you aren’t rolling Need or Greed. You don’t have an option to Pass. The game just says “Take this.”
    You can’t trade this item, or that would defeat the purpose of removing the social pressure on groups of strangers. If you don’t want the item, you are free to vendor, delete, or disenchant it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    I think the new loot system is brilliant for grouping/raiding with random people.

Though there are a few bugs here and there. Like why would I recieve a damage proc item when I am raiding as a healer? I honestly don't beleieve that the designer view is to make the healers spam instant damage spells to trigger a proc?

The boss dies.
    For each player who wins loot, the game randomly assigns them a spec-appropriate item from that boss’s loot table. This subset contains only items that the game (meaning the designers in this case) thinks are appropriate for your class and current spec.
    Notice that you aren’t rolling Need or Greed. You don’t have an option to Pass. The game just says “Take this.”
    You can’t trade this item, or that would defeat the purpose of removing the social pressure on groups of strangers. If you don’t want the item, you are free to vendor, delete, or disenchant it.
    I think they aren't hand-picking the specs for every loot item, but simply have formulas like 'int' for casters, 'str' for warriors, etc. to make it easier to work with, and thus ignore procs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR shouldn't be seen as a way of gearing up yourself or your friends. It is meant to be a way to see the content with the bonus of getting some pieces if you are fortunate.

That was the whole problem with it's implementation in 4.3. Guilds running it endlessly to get tier pieces, groups joining to swap items with each other, griefers in normal/heroic gear rolling and winning the lower level version. It all goes to create massive animosity within the community.

I think the new system is great. If I win a piece of gear, excellent. If I just get some gold, excellent. Not having to listen to the whiners and beggars...priceless.

NOBODY ELSE in the raid effects what you get AT ALL. what happens is whenever a boss is killed the game looks at your character lets say overall everytime you kill something you have a 50/50 chance at you getting loot (its probably something more like 30) its basically like a slot machine killing the boss is like pulling the lever.

so lets pretend the boss is a giant slot machine each person has their own slot machine completely seperate from anyone elses you go up to your own slot machine and you pull the lever then if you win it looks at the bosses loot table and if theres any gear usable by your class and spec it will either give you that or gold, so lets say on the bosses loot table is a sword, a shield, a gear token, and a helmet, and lets say your an unholy death knight. death knights cant use shields so that is excluded from your possible loot rewards.

so after pulling the lever as a unholy death knight you have a chance to get one of the 5 things, nothing, the sword, the gear token, or some gold.

whether or not you already have said piece does not matter, whether or not someone else wins something has no effect on you (they would have won regardless, you would not have gotten said item if they didnt win a piece it is completely independent)

thats how lfr works now and its much better, your chance at loot is pretty much 3 times as much as it used to be (unless you were one of those jerks who ran with guild groups and needed on everything then traded it to your guildies)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Giorsal View Post
    The item didn't drop and then automatically go to your friend, your friend won a roll and the system decided to give him that item. It would be nice if they made a smarter system that wouldn't give you an item you already had, though I imagine they'll work up to it eventually. But I'll take the new system over the heroic geared jerk rolling on everything and lol'ing about taking gear from people who could actually use it.
    Now we can see the same item drop several times....... or a boss dropping only what you already have.
    So why change the new loot-system to drop only what you not have? I don't think that will happen, because then people would gear up much fasted than intended.

Now it is still random what you get.
    The thing is that nobody can roll on your loot, not someone who needs it or someone who doesn't need but is rolling for a friend.
    Nobody will blame you for winning something or start begging you to give it to them, since they need it more.
    And, if you win loot, you will always get a random choice of things you can use.

it was first based on spec only... but then people started to complain about off-spec. How would they get pieces for their off-spec?
    So now the game gives you something for your class and not spec only.

I think it is a great system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    Could somebody please explain what has happened in LFR? Apparently the loot gets distributed randomly now. I went LFR with my 389 warlock I want to roll as a main and I was a bit miffed to see Insignia given to a guildie moonkin who had the heroic version, and couldn't trade it.

Now I'm not THAT fussed about gear, but I wouldn't mind some better gear just so I can practise in our heroic DS 10 runs.
    yeah, right your lock is ilevel 389 and you go LFR for gear - I call that bs - if you want gear with that ilevel you go ds normal or bh but not lfr....

Could somebody please explain what has happened in LFR? Apparently the loot gets distributed randomly now. I went LFR with my 389 warlock I want to roll as a main and I was a bit miffed to see Insignia given to a guildie moonkin who had the heroic version, and couldn't trade it.

Now I'm not THAT fussed about gear, but I wouldn't mind some better gear just so I can practise in our heroic DS 10 runs.
    Blizzard had too many complaints about people with gear, rolling need on gear they didn't need, just so they could trade it or sell it to other raid members.

In short...there were too many a-holes and they ruined it for everyone. Now the game decides who get's what gear.

I would explain, apart from the teeny fact that the new LFR loot roll system has had many explanations, by Blues, that were too much for your poor eyes/brain to cope with so I will not add to all the information you are incapable of reading/comprehending.

If people cba to read when Blizz kindly explains changes they deserve to go round in a daze,. Don't bother explaining stuff to trolls, you just waste your time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    I think the new system is great. If I win a piece of gear, excellent. If I just get some gold, excellent. Not having to listen to the whiners and beggars...priceless.
    This pretty much sums it up. As for 'winning' (if that's the right word) gear that you already have, it's best not to make this too convenient. And in regular raiding, after all, there comes a point where boss drops don't help much of anyone either. That's how it goes. You keep after the boss on a weekly basis until that trinket or whatever finally drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    LFR shouldn't be seen as a way of gearing up yourself or your friends. It is meant to be a way to see the content with the bonus of getting some pieces if you are fortunate.

QFT.

There is no longer any waiting around for people to click Need or Greed or whatever, no more whining and no more begging for a trade. Silence is golden indeed! LFR isnt for gear anyway, the gear is just a couple sprinkles on top of the sundae.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yeah, right your lock is ilevel 389 and you go LFR for gear - I call that bs - if you want gear with that ilevel you go ds normal or bh but not lfr....
    Issue: Geared Players running LFR

Rule: An iLevel of 389 doesn't mean all your gear is 389 or better, just that the average is 389.

Analysis: That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. It's not uncommon at all to see people with an iLevel of 389 who still have a 378 piece or two from HoT heroics or the Firelands Justice Vendor. If they already ran Dragon Soul normal or heroic that week and didn't get the upgrade they needed, why wouldn't they give LFR a shot to get a 384?

<snip> No need to call someone a troll just because they didn't see your point of view.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2012-09-06 at 06:54 PM.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post

The boss dies.
    I believe that what you quoted was from when GC initially introduced the new loot system, a while back, and that subsequent blue posts that are more recent have mentioned that it will not be spec-specific, but rather just class specific (ie the mage isn't getting any agility gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    There is no trading, no rolling against each other, nothing. The game decides who gets what, no questions. The players cannot decide anything anymore: if you win loot, great. If you don't, oh well. Nobody rolled against you though, so you can't get angry at other people (nor can you game the system by taking overgeared guildies into LFR, they all need roll on stuff to give it to you).

Basically all responsibility has been taken out of the hands of the players. The game sorts out loot, you focus on playing the game. Sure, situations like you describe will happen, but at the end of the day it's trying to improve the community by giving us one less thing to fight over.
    This is correct. Overall, I think it's a great change...especially sine LFR is bonus loot for most of us anyways, I can't complain, and I'll be very happy that there will be less QQ now.