Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    I just tried plugging in 20k RAP for the formulas on WoWhead to see what the damage would be, but there's no way it's correct. Assuming both the formulas and wording there are correct, I see froststorm doing a little under 2x the DPS of burrow attack which is completely backwards.
    The formulas on wowhead do not look correct (at least not for 90). These are the formulas I have for level 90 that I verified via testing on the beta server a few days ago after they changed the formula:

Burrow Attack (Worm): RAP * .096 + 92 (per tick, 8 ticks over 8 sec, suppresses all other pet attacks except kill command)
    Froststorm Breath (Chimaera): RAP * .144 + 275 (per tick, 4 ticks over 8 sec, scales with caster haste, suppresses all other pet attacks- casting kill command interrupts it)

This is before BM mastery and the 50% damage bonus that pets get to all attacks. Worm damage definitely looks higher to me assuming you don't need to AoE longer than 8 seconds, although it sounds like they are fixing the chimaera to scale with physical haste instead of spell haste, and since his attack is channeled and scales with haste he may end up doing more damage if the haste is high enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    The formulas on wowhead do not look correct (at least not for 90). These are the formulas I have for level 90 that I verified via testing on the beta server a few days ago after they changed the formula:

Burrow Attack (Worm): RAP * .096 + 92 (per tick, 8 ticks over 8 sec, suppresses all other pet attacks except kill command)
    Froststorm Breath (Chimaera): RAP * .144 + 275 (per tick, 4 ticks over 8 sec, scales with caster haste, suppresses all other pet attacks- casting kill command interrupts it)

This is before BM mastery and the 50% damage bonus that pets get to all attacks. Worm damage definitely looks higher to me assuming you don't need to AoE longer than 8 seconds, although it sounds like they are fixing the chimaera to scale with physical haste instead of spell haste, and since his attack is channeled and scales with haste he may end up doing more damage if the haste is high enough.
    This is nice to know, thanks Zeherah!

Wait are they gonna change worm and chimmera attacks again? Back to something so they are usefull? Couse 50 focus+ week attack is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeusx View Post
    Wait are they gonna change worm and chimmera attacks again? Back to something so they are usefull? Couse 50 focus+ week attack is bad.
    They are reducing the initial focus cost to let you get the cast off, there's a blue post about it. They said:

Additionally, we’re going to revert the more expensive focus costs of Froststorm Breath and Burrow Attack and instead go with 10 focus +5 focus per sec, and change Froststorm Breath to scale with the pet’s melee haste and crit, instead of spell haste and crit.
    Last edited by Zeherah; 2012-09-02 at 07:44 PM.

I'd love froststorm breath if it wasn't a cone - that sort of micro is the kind of micro which makes the worm better just for DPS.