Poll: Have you been suspended or do you know anyone who has been suspended in GW2 ?

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not nearly as big of a deal as it was to his fanbase, apparently.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Nothing requires that they do. They decided the player was exploiting so they took action. The details may, or may not, be completely "honest" from either side and that's actually besides the point. Arena Net felt it was a shortcut they didn't want that player taking so they took action. Again, their house, their rules.
    I see here we have the big divide. Sure they can do whatever they want in their sandbox but they're actions (say the peppers) are unjustifiable by common sense and the majority of people who assess the event. That they have given no explanation or defence says everything really.

I have no desire to be part of such a sandbox and because I do not approve of their actions I am here to criticise their lack of transparency, honesty (in response to player queries and feedback) and overall competency (based on their handling of this affair). It is my hope that those who would share my opinion are able to glean from this thread an informed opinion on Anet and GW2

They're house and they're rules do not protect them from this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hatsune View Post
    I see here we have the big divide. Sure they can do whatever they want in their sandbox but they're actions (say the peppers) are unjustifiable by common sense and the majority of people who assess the event. That they have given no explanation or defence says everything really.

I have no desire to be part of such a sandbox and because I do not approve of their actions I am here to criticise their lack of transparency, honesty (in response to player queries and feedback) and overall competency (based on their handling of this affair). It is my hope that those who would share my opinion are able to glean from this thread an informed opinion on Anet and GW2

They're house and they're rules do not protect them from this.
    All it actually says is that Arena Net doesn't consider the matter important enough to require additional comment. You can claim "common sense" and "majority of people" but can't back it up. We don't have "all" the details about what the banned was doing, nor would attempting a "majority rules" branding have much validity nor accuracy. We do not know the "rest of the story," if there is one, and we don't need too.

You are pretending that the developer of a B2P video game owes more in terms of transparency and accountability than most companies, or even governments, provide. Not even to just its own customers but to the public at large. Also only regarding a single instance for a type of issue considered minor enough to the directly impacted that they went right back to the game after their temporary suspension concluded.

That's not disapproval or attempting to build public awareness. That's a wild goose chase.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-09-04 at 05:01 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Did he at least report it this time? Or was he too busy broadcasting it? I also find it telling that even though he was banned for exploiting, he is back in the game after the ban was up. So apparently it wasn't that big of a deal to him.
    he bought a new account a believe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    he bought a new account a believe...
    I thought they dropped it to a temp ban after a review? Well, its even more telling if the banning was so "water under the bridge," that he actually spent another $60 just to play it.

I thought they dropped it to a temp ban after a review? Well, its even more telling if the banning was so "water under the bridge," that he actually spent another $60 just to play it.
    i don't follow you what is it telling of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    i don't follow you what is it telling of?
    That the banning itself wasn't that grievous to the banned. If it was considered that offensive, unjustified, repugnant, reprehensible, what have you, to the banned then why come right back to the game? The entertainment value of the game is outweighing whatever purported insult or injury the banned, or the public at large, received. The MMORPG market is a quite crowded one these days and there are plenty of other fish in the sea. Apparently the GW2 breed is quite tasty indeed.

That the banning itself wasn't that grievous to the banned. If it was considered that offensive, unjustified, repugnant, reprehensible, what have you, to the banned then why come right back to the game? The entertainment value of the game is outweighing whatever purported insult or injury the banned, or the public at large, received. The MMORPG market is a quite crowded one these days and there are plenty of other fish in the sea. Apparently the GW2 breed is quite tasty indeed.
    You should not forget streaming is his work, and after the d3 fiasco there is not that much other options to go to as backup plan imo. Maybe the mmorpg market is very crowded but 99.99% of those could be rated garbage or utter garbage if they were to be called games and not mmorpg.
    Last edited by braxx; 2012-09-04 at 08:06 PM.

All it actually says is that Arena Net doesn't consider the matter important enough to require additional comment. You can claim "common sense" and "majority of people" but can't back it up. We don't have "all" the details about what the banned was doing, nor would attempting a "majority rules" branding have much validity nor accuracy. We do not know the "rest of the story," if there is one, and we don't need too.

You are pretending that the developer of a B2P video game owes more in terms of transparency and accountability than most companies, or even governments, provide. Not even to just its own customers but to the public at large. Also only regarding a single instance for a type of issue considered minor enough to the directly impacted that they went right back to the game after their temporary suspension concluded.

That's not disapproval or attempting to build public awareness. That's a wild goose chase.
    Factually all we can say is that Anet did not choose to respond to player enquiries questioning the logic of the pepper ban. We can also say that factually no one in this forum has been able to explain the logic behind why peppers rather than other crafts are singled out.

What you make of that depends on the individual. Some would say that this simply means that Anet does not have an explanation or is unprepared/unwilling to give one. As I see it there are 2 likely reasons for that. Arrogance (why should we bother to reply to your concern?) or Guilt (we can't defend our actions). Make of that what you will.

Either arrogance or guilt is condemnable and speaking out against it is not a wild goose chase but a choice made by individuals that hope Anet learns not to do this in future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hatsune View Post
    Factually all we can say is that Anet did not choose to respond to player enquiries questioning the logic of the pepper ban. We can also say that factually no one in this forum has been able to explain the logic behind why peppers rather than other crafts are singled out.

What you make of that depends on the individual. Some would say that this simply means that Anet does not have an explanation or is unprepared/unwilling to give one. As I see it there are 2 likely reasons for that. Arrogance (why should we bother to reply to your concern?) or Guilt (we can't defend our actions). Make of that what you will.

Either arrogance or guilt is condemnable and speaking out against it is not a wild goose chase but a choice made by individuals that hope Anet learns not to do this in future.
    As you see it. Not, I suspect, as Arena Net see's it. Nor I, if you had not guessed by now. Nor, as well, does it have to be arrogance or guilt. The matter is simply resolved. Last I heard, and please correct me if I'm wrong, the banned is already back in the game. So, it would appear, that even the exploiter does not find it anywhere near as reprehensible as you. Yet here you are. One who has admitted to having no desire to be a part of such a community. Yet expecting a greater level of transparency and accountability than found in most companies or even governments.

Since the matter is actually resolved, there is no overbearing pride in moving on, or returning, to unresolved issues. Just as there hardly needs to be remorse for deciding that someone was taking advantage of a mistake, to play the game in a way the developer did not intend. So you seek satisfaction regarding an act the instigator apparently did not find as reprehensible, for an event that by its definition is entirely up to the developer's discretion, which took place in an environment you've decided is ambiguous, deceitful, and incompetent. A fruitless search indeed.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-09-05 at 04:19 AM.

Deleted
    Well i`m agree that there must be banhammer for weapons exploit no matter do it was trap or just game bug
    But sitll i think that some of their rules are ridicilus strict especially in part with names or chat spelling

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Anet should just hire Kripp as a bug tester

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...p_at_it_again/