10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb PVP in Blood Presence?

Since we have the new patch life, and all our presences are on 1 sec GCD i was thinking, that on theory if your RP generation is high enough, we can PVP in Blood presence. Lets brake up the pros that both give. I am talking about Frost pvp obviously, but this may work for UH also, depends on your group buffs.

Frost Presence
    - 1 sec GCD
    - Increases RP gen by 20%
    - Reduces CC by 20%

Blood Presence
    - 1 sec GCD
    - increase stamina by 8%
    - Increase armor by 55%
    - Decrease all damage taken by 10%

The 20% reduced CC is not that big of a deal really, so it all boils down to the +20% RP gen for frost presence. Meaning that if DKs can sustain some normal RP wihtout those 20%, then blood presence will be the clear winner. Especially that frost DKs are the primary burn target, if in Blood presence taking us down fast, will be a lot harder.

What do you mmo- champs think? Am i missing something, as this all looks too good and i dont believe Blizzard intended it like this.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Deleted
    FP also reduces the RP cost on Frost Strike by 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm yes that is the improved FP that you get from specking Frost, that may be a problem yes. This would mean a lot less FS and a lot less new runes. Still this can work with Runic Corruption...i have to test.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Blood Presence has also been buffed to increase Stamina by 25% (tooltip does not reflect this yet). Turtling up is definitely penalized less than in the past with the 1s GCD, but it's still a pretty big penalty so you're not going to be sitting in BP all the time.

I suppose it could work with this glyph:
    http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=58647/g...ting-presences
    You retain 70% of your Runic Power when switching Presences.

So it'd be a case of burn your target, if he;s not dead turtle up in blood presence, gather resources and CDs and burst him again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!