Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hey I was just wondering if the I should favor the 2 set HC helm/legs from Firelands over the 410 tier pieces from DS? I find my spirit regen to be quite a problem atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatmedic View Post

Coupled with atonementx5 stack and PI it reaches a burst healing potential, where the other healers can only glare - and thats with 0% overhealing.
    Minor Correction: SpS doesn't scale with AA at the moment. So always make sure not to use AA when you want to use Spirit Shell, it would be wasted.

Coupled with way better regen than ever, disc is in a really sweet spot.
    Our regen is worse than before imo, but this is what Blizzard intended to happen. I had to actually observe my mana bar yesterday in DS way more than a week before. I had the feeling that other healers had slightly less "problems" than me.

I recon Spirit Shell will get relegated to a 2-3 min CD within.. well, short time..
    I also feel this way. SpS takes too much of my healing atm (see my post with logs in the Disc guide, if you are interested), so there's propably soon a longer CD on it.

Deleted
    Disc priest healing is a beast now - its so damn good, that its borderlineing OP.
    Spirit Shell is the revival of shield spam - its just applied way easier.

Coupled with atonementx5 stack and PI it reaches a burst healing potential, where the other healers can only glare - and thats with 0% overhealing.

Coupled with way better regen than ever, disc is in a really sweet spot.
    Crazy stuff.
    Just that.

Can anyone help clarify the current value in mastery? I just don't see it. Spirit Shell caps at 60% of your maximum health (I find myself capping this every time, at least in 10 mans), PW:S is far too expensive, and DA still scales poorly with it.

My assumption would be in 25 mans where you're unable to fully cap Spirit Shell on all five groups, mastery has some benefit? Not sure.
    Last edited by Amnesti; 2012-08-31 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesti View Post
    Can anyone help clarify the current value in mastery? I just don't see it. Spirit Shell caps at 60% of your maximum health (I find myself capping this every time, at least in 10 mans), PW:S is far too expensive, and DA still scales poorly with it.

My assumption would be in 25 mans where you're unable to fully cap Spirit Shell on all five groups, mastery has some benefit? Not sure.
    My mastery is double in disc than holy. So maybe that's part of it? Not sure

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teixeira View Post
    Hey I was just wondering if the I should favor the 2 set HC helm/legs from Firelands over the 410 tier pieces from DS? I find my spirit regen to be quite a problem atm.
    Seeing a lot of disc gem full spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesti View Post

Replying to this and the comment before about spirit shell being nerfed. While it's true that spirit shell at our CURRENT level is overpowered, this is mainly b/c they increased the mastery baseline, and added a mastery buff into the game. This means that even though spirit shell IS capped at 60% of our max hp, it is taking considerably less time to stack a full spirit shell than it would at max level. So Spirit Shell will still be a decision to make at max level, b/c it will be significantly harder to "max" the shield.

Hope that helps, still loling every time I use it.

Edit: To clarify, mastery has much less value for spirit shell now than it will in the future, when we can't PoH our way to a full shield in 2 or 3 casts.
    Last edited by Dzur; 2012-09-01 at 12:04 AM.

after raiding last night i must say im really liking the talent tree between mindbender and PW:Solace. i had to change in between these two to keep my mana healthy :P

i can "feel" that my mana is consumed faster but you gotta remember its back to t11 and overhealing is very punishing. thats why we have spirit shell

overall raid experience im really happy with disc but they could buff rapture a bit to compensate our mana regen loose :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    It can be argued that healing is a fair bit more difficult now with patch 5.0.4 but if anyone remembers Cata beta and just after release, mana was a massive problem to everyone but that fixed itself fairly quickly as people levelled.
    It may well be that as we level to 90 the amount of spi on gear increases so while rapture has been hit hard by the almighty nerf bat, the fall in % will be counteracted by a rise in the level of spi players have?

Would be nice to get mana back from AA though... Not much point in it anymore if you're just a healer...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentiel View Post
    Would be nice to get mana back from AA though... Not much point in it anymore if you're just a healer...
    Not much point? While i agree with the mana return. I do think 25% increased healing is a big deal.

Surprised to see so many people complaining about mana. I did 8/8 the other day and didn't have a problem. Mana was a little worse, but not terrible. Instead of being over 90% all of the time, I went down to 20%ish a few times. This was with the Cata PoH-spam style, I did not try to adapt at all to the new mechanics.

The only problem I have with Disc now is the decision between Mindbender/Solace. I like Solace better, but when I'm casting it I always feel like I could be smiting instead. I don't like having to choose between Smite/Solace, because both of them are useful no matter what. This makes me want to choose MB (assuming MB/Solace are about the same amount of mana, which I think they are at least pretty close) so that I don't have to choose between Solace/Smite. This way I get both the mana return from that tier of talents, and the Archangel/DPS from Smite. I don't think Blizzard left much choice in this decision. If anything, I think they should have made the Solace talent allow Smite to return mana, similar to how Telluric Currents worked with Shaman's LB. Then you can choose to have a Smite-heavy style without Mindbender, and not feel like you're gimping yourself while Smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayna View Post
    Surprised to see so many people complaining about mana. I did 8/8 the other day and didn't have a problem. Mana was a little worse, but not terrible. Instead of being over 90% all of the time, I went down to 20%ish a few times. This was with the Cata PoH-spam style, I did not try to adapt at all to the new mechanics.

The only problem I have with Disc now is the decision between Mindbender/Solace. I like Solace better, but when I'm casting it I always feel like I could be smiting instead. I don't like having to choose between Smite/Solace, because both of them are useful no matter what. This makes me want to choose MB (assuming MB/Solace are about the same amount of mana, which I think they are at least pretty close) so that I don't have to choose between Solace/Smite. This way I get both the mana return from that tier of talents, and the Archangel/DPS from Smite. I don't think Blizzard left much choice in this decision. If anything, I think they should have made the Solace talent allow Smite to return mana, similar to how Telluric Currents worked with Shaman's LB. Then you can choose to have a Smite-heavy style without Mindbender, and not feel like you're gimping yourself while Smiting.
    But you'd be healing & getting mana back. That'd be too op
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    But you'd be healing & getting mana back. That'd be too op
    It doesn't have to give the same returns Solace does. Even if it just covered the cost of Smite plus a tiny bit extra, I think I would like that better. I'm just throwing things out there without thinking though. I just don't like how it is right now.

It got so bad that I went holy

I'm a PvP disc priest, and I gotta say I like the changes. I feel pretty fucking powerful, if not even a little bit more. I'm still debating between Mind Bender vs. From Darkness Comes Light, as I feel like I don't OOM as quickly as you PvE discies do, as well as Absorption Shield vs. Spectral Guise. I think I'll ultimately stick with Guise, because it has immense amounts of utility once you get really good with it.

Deleted
    Rapture is not intended to be a way to gain mana. Rather, it's purpose AFAICS is to provide for a "soft" cooldown for PW:S. The first PW:S every 12s is cheap, so we should feel free to cast it. After that PW:S can be used only at an extra price.

I actually like that mana is no longer infinite. Infinite mana leads to a mindless "spam PoH" healing style. At least now we have to think about what to cast.

What I do not like of Disc at the moment is that I feel I have too many short cooldowns. Mindbender (1m), SS (1m), AA, Penance, PoM, Inner Focus, Rapture need to be constantly watched for. Add PI, PS and PW:B for more fun. Even with proper addons I think tracking all of this can easily distract from the fight mechanics. TO keep aware of what's going on I could need to resort to a more sloppy usage of my CDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Furlong View Post
    What I do not like of Disc at the moment is that I feel I have too many short cooldowns. Mindbender (1m), SS (1m), AA, Penance, PoM, Inner Focus, Rapture need to be constantly watched for. Add PI, PS and PW:B for more fun. Even with proper addons I think tracking all of this can easily distract from the fight mechanics. TO keep aware of what's going on I could need to resort to a more sloppy usage of my CDs.
    This.

I find that my attempts to manage all the cds makes me a little sloppier as a healer, so my hps is relatively low compared to the potential. I find myself fumbling a lot, without enough keybinds or macros to deal with them all. During Heroic Blackhorn today my performance was very weak compared to the Druid Healer, and I suspect that was largely due to managing all the cds combined with trying to move. It wasn't easy, and I probably made some stupid choices (we didn't beat it due to players screwing up the mechanics)

I'm starting to wonder if not choosing to AA/A would help my healing in spite of the buff
    Last edited by Kirse; 2012-09-02 at 09:22 AM.
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    [/COLOR]

This.

I find that my attempts to manage all the cds makes me a little sloppier as a healer, so my hps is relatively low compared to the potential. I find myself fumbling a lot, without enough keybinds or macros to deal with them all. During Heroic Blackhorn today my performance was very weak compared to the Druid Healer, and I suspect that was largely due to managing all the cds combined with trying to move. It wasn't easy, and I probably made some stupid choices (we didn't beat it due to players screwing up the mechanics)

I'm starting to wonder if not choosing to AA/A would help my healing in spite of the buff
    Completely agree. I think if you are already an AA/A healer the adjustment will be easier. It's not to say you HAVE to go that route but that's a really nice healing buff. Me and spirit shell just aren't clicking the way it is for others. It's not that it's a hard concept but after multiple runs/attempts I just feel frustrated.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    disk is always weak pre expansion patch. itll come back. i do feel my mana regen is weaker also... makes me sad.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2012-09-02 at 06:43 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant remember the blue post but it said that Healers and mana is balanced around lvl 90. So some healers will be stronger than others @85. So we should come back into play when we get properly balanced.
    *Insert awesome/random/funny signature here*

Deleted
    I just reforged back some spirit, sitting on 2800 something now.
    Sometimes it feels like mana is too thight, but thats with solace use.

For spine i put on my Holy gear set (more spirit) and it clearly helped a bit that i had 500 spirit more.
    Still using Solace, spine atm is a joke every one is OP and Tendons gets oneshotted per lift now (without hero)..
    Only used Hymn of Hope on that fight to give everyone a bit of mana.

Totally forgot about my fiend and just some HF > Smite till 5 stacks than all out on Solace on the tendons.
    No mana issue's with 3300 spirit.

Madness feels different, its the fight where im going to use mindbender from now on and prolly keep it that way for the rest of DS and just keep my Disc set on. Mana is fine once u get a suitable spirit lvl, just have to get used to the fact that i can use Fiend more (i keep saving it due to thinking about the old CD on it). With mindbender i can just use it on CD now seems good.

I use Power Infusion as well or the 2 set is useless.

If u heal with a shaman, ask if the shaman can call out if he's going to use Mana Tide, the amount of mana u get back from Rapture is pretty awesome in combination with mana tide.
    Last edited by mmoc3c8522fde4; 2012-09-03 at 10:40 AM.