Deleted

[MoP] Balance vs. warlock

Who do you guys find the best for bg's and 3v3 arena? Balance druid or warlock?

Is Balance getting better for MoP or worse? Do you find them viable in competitive pvp?

Deleted
    .....bumb

I don't arena much so I can't speak for that, and I'm not even that much of a PvP'er. But I will say, I've played a balance druid since it was laughable to do so, and have always had an awful time in BGs.

After 5.0... we are amazing in BGs. We cause an immense amount of pressure to multiple targets, don't have to break form to heal... the list goes on and on, actually.

Eye of the Storm was great fun. Ursol's Vortex on the edge, draw people in, typhoon off. Ugh. So entertaining
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

After 7 Years of balance. Been over 2.2k with multiple specs and comps.

Just go warlock. They will always been Rank 1 viable. Always. If they are weak a season they are fixed QUICKLY. Balance sits in a state of "Bleh" for as long as they see fit. Notice the ONLY glad ranged moonkins have legendary staff? NAO Tournies ever won with a moonkin team? Last one had ONE druid, in a spicy chicken cleave. They got destroyed.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    After 7 Years of balance. Been over 2.2k with multiple specs and comps.

Just go warlock. They will always been Rank 1 viable. Always. If they are weak a season they are fixed QUICKLY. Balance sits in a state of "Bleh" for as long as they see fit. Notice the ONLY glad ranged moonkins have legendary staff? NAO Tournies ever won with a moonkin team? Last one had ONE druid, in a spicy chicken cleave. They got destroyed.
    4th place is not getting destroyed. Balance is finally where it needs to be competitive. You are also talking about stuff before this patch, some is not relevant now.

We can now heal in our form. It is finally very easy to kite, only real downside now is we are very weak to other caster classes. We have no cd other then barkskin to protect ourselves(we could go bear form but is it really worth it now?). But we can heal ourselves and it is really strong, some might even say too strong. We have come a long way, don't count us out.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    4th place is not getting destroyed. Balance is finally where it needs to be competitive. You are also talking about stuff before this patch, some is not relevant now.

We can now heal in our form. It is finally very easy to kite, only real downside now is we are very weak to other caster classes. We have no cd other then barkskin to protect ourselves(we could go bear form but is it really worth it now?). But we can heal ourselves and it is really strong, some might even say too strong. We have come a long way, don't count us out.
    They won't let our healing stay this strong. It imo makes up for our lack of defensive, but just you wait :P It will get crippled.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

15+ Year Old Account
    Been away from the game for a few months. Now I'm hearing Balance is cool as hell again, and while it's tempting to come back, I've seen this before. We usually look AWESOME right before an expansion, and then blizz comes in and nerfs it all down to obscurity.

I'll be keeping an eye on this stuff to see if they actually leave Balance alone for once. I highly doubt it. Having been present for the pre launch of Wrath & Cata, they are batting 2/2 so far and will probably make it 3/3.

My advice; enjoy it while you can. Destroy people in BGs, Arenas, World, etc. MoP will launch and the Balance Druid will be found to be "too powerful" once again.

I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 06:11 PM ----------

Wanted to add to my previous post that once we get to 90 things will probably balance out and we'll be just okay again.

During Cata moonkins were quite strong actually, if you look at the ladder you will see many moonkins high rated (a lot are just 5s heroes) but comps like lsd2, are getting rank 1 on multiple bgs and maintaining high ratings on ladders. And a spicey chicken cleave came in 4th in the regionals, almost making it to china for blizzcon. Anyone who says balance druids were not viable or bad during cata is just a poor player, we were actually extremely strong.

I haven't played 5.0 yet, but moonkin wasnt bad at all in cata. It isnt a matter of opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darebearr View Post
    During Cata moonkins were quite strong actually, if you look at the ladder you will see many moonkins high rated (a lot are just 5s heroes) but comps like lsd2, are getting rank 1 on multiple bgs and maintaining high ratings on ladders. And a spicey chicken cleave came in 4th in the regionals, almost making it to china for blizzcon. Anyone who says balance druids were not viable or bad during cata is just a poor player, we were actually extremely strong.

I haven't played 5.0 yet, but moonkin wasnt bad at all in cata. It isnt a matter of opinion.
    I'd tend to disagree with you because we are talking about the greater population of WoW. Sure, some players are absolutely exceptional and end up on high rated teams.

But to say we were extremely strong in PvP is a pretty extreme exaggeration. Moonkins are, and traditionally have been on the low end of the spectrum when it comes to PvP. Just because less than .001% of the WoW population has found a way to make them work in high rated arenas doesn't mean they aren't a poor man's Mage when it comes to everyone else who plays this game.

The percentages on Arena Junkies also state the majority of people playing arenas prefer Feral or Resto, with the exception of 5v5.

Deleted
    The ammount of teams that played lsd2 and got high rating was extreme in cata. We werent weak at all. Yes, everytime we came clos to OP we got put back down. But to say we are weak is a overstatement. Spicy chicken was harder to play at high level, but was also done. Overall i think we cant complain with cataclysm. However the setbonuses for moonkins always suck haha. Blizz come up with something good