Longbow VS Shortbow (Ranger)

Anyone have numbers on which is more DPS? I feel like the Shortbow is far ahead of the Longbow.

Shortbow - I deal 175 damage per auto attack and it seems like it gets 2 to 3 hits per second. Plus you have the bleeds.

Longbow - While this deals more damage per auto attack, it's the fact that the auto attack speed is very slow. I hit about 300 per auto attack, but it seems like it only hits 1 auto attack every 1 and a half seconds.

What are your thoughts?

Mod Edit: Thread closed. Please use: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ger-Discussion

For general ranger discussion.

-- Fencers
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-30 at 04:21 PM.

I use both I like the long bow for the rapid shot which does huge damage, also the push back and AOE are nice. Then while those are on cooldown I switch to my shortbow

10+ Year Old Account
    * points to ranger thread*
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    * points to ranger thread*
    I find it hard to blame people when the profession threads have fallen of the first or even second page. I know they're all put together in a sticky, but I only discovered that because I knew we had a Guardian thread and I couldn't find it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Anyone have numbers on which is more DPS? I feel like the Shortbow is far ahead of the Longbow.

Shortbow - I deal 175 damage per auto attack and it seems like it gets 2 to 3 hits per second. Plus you have the bleeds.

Longbow - While this deals more damage per auto attack, it's the fact that the auto attack speed is very slow. I hit about 300 per auto attack, but it seems like it only hits 1 auto attack every 1 and a half seconds.

What are your thoughts?
    My thoughts are use a weapon for its skills. They both have their uses some times the longbow is better then the short and sometimes the short bow is better then the longbow. I normally have a greatsword as one of my weapons but switch between the long and shortbow on my second weapon set frequently.

I loved the longbow when I first used it but now I use the shortbow more. I usually have the longbow as the second weapon for the awesome AOE and other handy skills, but shortbow seems more versatile. One thing against the longbow in a chaotic fight (which occurs quite often) is that Long Shot damage is based on range. If the mobs get close you're losing damage. Both bows are 1200 max range but the shortbow doesn't lose anything on close targets. On a more static fight--a non-moving boss, for example--the longbow might be better.

Longbow talented for 1500 range is great for WvW and I've also been using it for PvE along with warhorn and axe for nice aoe and buffs. Short bow is much much better in sPvP and would get off more damage as long as you have the condition damage. Really it depends on how you want to play.
    I believe it's time for me to be famous.

Deleted
    Shortbow is more "pewpewpew in your face!!!", longbow is more "I shoot arrows at your face, like a sir"

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shortbow gets the job done faster and better IMO

Stack bleeds with shortbow, kite and get range. Hit 4 to slow, weapon swap, 4 to knock back target with longbow, drop a volley (5) and quickly pew pew (2).
    Works quite well for sPvP if traited right. I've been playing a signet build since level 10 and don't really think I'll be changing any time soon.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...build-95-done/