Question New Conductivity talent kind of useless for Elem/Enha?

The new ptr build brought us a new version of the Conductivity talent.
    In short, every time we use Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Earth Shock and Stormstrike we have a chance to extend the duration of our Healing Rain by 1 second.
    It no longer increases HR's healing power in any way, and has nothing to do with the damage inflicted by our spells.

What bothers me right from the start is that Enha will have a much worse use of this talent than Elem:
    First we need to glyph Healing Storm to make Conductivity/Healing Rain even worth casting.
    Enha also needs to spend 5 MW charges to cast Healing Rain, especially if using the Healing Storm glyph.
    Once the MW-HRain is casted, Enha will only be able to increase it's duration with Storm Strike and Earth Shock - due to MW charges being spent on casting the initial HRain, thus not available for LB/CL (also due to HR's short duration, especially with haste, making it expire too fast before another 5MW can be charged).
    Even with all the negative aspects above Enha's SS/ES only have a CHANCE (unknown number) to increase Healing Rain by 1 Second, best case scenario would be that HR's duration goes up by 2 seconds (3 if really lucky with MW/2nd Shock).
    More realistic would be a 1 second (maybe sometimes 2) increase per HR when using COnductivity.

Elemental has a slightly better use due to them constantly spamming LB/CL, plus not having to waste any form of damage charges (MW) to cast Healing Rain.
    Also Elem does not need any glyph to make Healing Rain's healing actually worth noticing.
    Also Elem will probably have a much stronger HRain than Enha (even with glyph of healing storm) due to their vastly higher spell power.

Worth mentioning is that casting Healing Rain takes a huge chunk of DPS away
    , since casting it every ~10 sec costs a lot of GCDs over time and a lot of Maelstrom Weapon charges and possibly even mana issues for ELem (HR costs 37% mana).
    HR's healing (when cast by DPS specs) will probably not even be enough to "turn the tide" of a bad situation, unlike the other 2 talents (newly buffed HTT) - plus HTT/AG do not screw up your DPS.

Still, even without considering all the horrific faults of Conductivity stated above, this new talent will probably give no more than 2 or 3 seconds of increased Healing Rain - and with bad luck, perhaps no increases what so ever right when it is needed the most.
    I know PTR is just PTR, anything can change, but at the moment (for Enha/Elem) this new Conductivity is by far much worse than the current Conductivity.

Deleted
    Yep, the new Conductivity seems to suck ...

Though, there are some mistakes in your post ...
    - you will still be able to cast 2 storm strikes within the 10 secs of duration and a number of LBs i don't know since i don't know much about enhance, but you will increase its duration and uptime
    - haste is not necessarily decreasing the duration of HR (behaves like normal hot/dot, see for breakpoint mechanic(s))
    - the CHANCE is nonsense ... mouseover the skill and you will see the real tooltip of conduct (there is nothing written about a chance)
    - when elemental is aoeing packs of adds, HR will last for a very long time (right about this) but due to LBs low priority (and "high" cast time) you will increase the duration for 2 or 3 three times (like enhance)
    - especially with GoHStorm enhance heals WAY MORE with HR
    - your boldly stated about of dps lowering is not the point of this talent tier ... you even had some fights (like Kazra phases on early H Council) where enhance was putting down HR for some minutes ... thus the point of losing dps was given before and problem of losing dps will be mended by a lower frequency of necessary HR casts

~~~
    imo, the change is nice for fights which alternate between brutal incoming damage for more than HTT/AG duration and phases with low incoming damage ... even though i don't like the whole tier of offhealing aspects ... baseline AG(ele/enh) and HTT (resto) and give something funny please *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Ismaire View Post
    even though i don't like the whole tier of offhealing aspects ... baseline AG(ele/enh) and HTT (resto) and give something funny please *cough*
    I definitely agree with this here, AG to be baseline for elem and enha would be great - and HTT should have always been Resto only.

Delete conductivity and replace that entire tree with something fun and useful.

I would just want to know from blizzard, when exactly are enh/elem expected to use this in pve? Why would we use healing rain combined with conductivity?

Btw, are resto shamans happy with it?

guess they won't open the goodies bag, before the next expansion ;-)))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    I would just want to know from blizzard, when exactly are enh/elem expected to use this in pve? Why would we use healing rain combined with conductivity?

Btw, are resto shamans happy with it?
    I'm a 10-man 11/13 hc resto shaman, and I wouldn't pick the new conductivity talent over HTT for any fight in the current tier, even if it's possible to have overlapping healing rains down at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or yeah, don't give the shamans free stuff and just fix the one broken talent so specs have some choice?
    Conductivity needs to make Healing Rain for Elem/Enha instant cast, free of mana cost, does not affect MW charges and perhaps even off the global cooldown.

As long as Conductivity is such a MAJOR tax on DPS, especially for Enha, no one in their right mind will pick it over AG/HTT (50% buff on it now).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it's be better off it'd be reworked really. Cause what you describe sounds quite OP.
    I like My Idea, Ill post it from the other thread

Conductivity-Casting a healing stream totem inside a healing rain turns your healing rain into a healing Storm, increasing the rains duration to 15 seconds and healing the entire raid. Your healing stream totem heals for 25% more while a healing storm is active.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont use conductivity personally and am unsure if I will now, but I do often drop healing rains on bosses. This new talent seems interesting for H Iron Qon phase four for example where there is no movement. I feel like considering I can get two stormstrikes and multiple bolts and shocks, its not unrealistic for it to make HR last for a LONG time.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Really, youre looking at being able to extend a healing rain for 5 seconds tops, I dont really see this as anything thats going to make anyone rethink their talent choice, while at the same time its taking away the small Niche that the talent had to begin with (AoE farming, JiKun, 5 mans)

After reading your post its looks like you never ever play Enh shaman

-Glyph of Healing Storm is must have for PvE enh and i cant imagin play with out it
    -Enh AoE healing is OP as fuck on Magera Rampages or IQ p4 i able to do more HPS then healers
    -Healing as Enh dont cost you lot of DPS , if you spend MW only for HR it looks mroe like HR > 2-3X LB>HR>2-3LB>HR .... so it cost you max 3% of you DPS
    -Contuctivity will be sux not becous how it works but becous AG is incredible OP , for your info AG proc from HR too so on fights where raid is stack together ist mega OP
    -Haste does not make you HR to be shorter but give it addional ticks

Enh is most hybrid of all speces in game, off healing as Enh is somethign noramal and its one of the point why its Good to have Enh is Raid, but its loos like lots of people cant get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Offhealing is clearly the Enh niche atm, but yeah I agree with kubuntu...this still leaves conductivity lacking for us. That is OK though, as they are buffing HTT which I imagine will present a compelling choice in the tier on at least some fights, perhaps taking a small amount of AG's dominance away.

As long as 2/3 specs are at least considering the talent I think it is fine. All 3 talents need not be competitive for each spec in each situation, so if Resto and Ele sometimes consider taking new conductivity the change could be good. Or not...it is early in PTR, so we'll see.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    New conductivity sucks, as opposed to the old one that also blows.

Not really that fussed.

As long as there is a choice, I dont think its a huge deal that all three arent competing for our love, especially with a class like Shaman with 3 distinctively different specs. AG and HTT will give us a choice.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-06-20 at 09:28 PM.