Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,223

    Best state of Europe?

    What do you consider to be the best state of Europe?

    Notes:
    -all states having land in geographical Europe enter the battle, including Russia, Kazahstan (as it has a little part in Europe), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia (as it's debatable if it's in Europe or Asia they enter) and Turkey. Anything else further east or in Africa does not enter.
    -you can only vote once, and you can't vote for your state where you live (to limit bias), if you think your country is best, chose second best.
    -you must say why, even if you write "because it has lots of snow"
    -you don't need to have been there, just know something about it
    -no nation bashing.

    Go!


    Voting ends 10 days after this thread started.

    Edit: How hard is it to understand you can't vote for country where you live in? If you say "I like X because I live in X" that doesn't fit.

    Edit 2:
    federated state = something like us states
    sovereign state = national state = country
    So state means both things.
    Plus, I used "state" on purpose because it has both meanings, you'll see why in the final battle of the super-states.

  2. #2
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,983
    Armenia, Because my best friend is Armenian and loves that place

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  3. #3
    Russia: huge country, epic ressources, hot girls, solid military, capped in sciences etc etc. Go Russland go!

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    What do you consider to be the best state of Europe?
    -all states having land in geographical Europe enter the battle
    United States of America (some of the WWII cemetaries are US land)
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  5. #5
    I presume you mean the best country, not state in Europe, because how you put it terribly is akin to asking: whats the best country in America >.>
    Last edited by Maelle; 2012-08-30 at 03:02 PM.

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,142
    Switzerland. Very high standard of living, great climate, low crime, low unemployment, great outdoor environment, easy to travel anywhere from. no one seems to even know about it. doesnt waste its resources or people fighting pointless wars round the world.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Honzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,010
    If I had to move out of my country, I'd go to Italy (Florence). It's certainly not the best country of Europe considering its economics or politics, but the culture, food and landscape make up for it.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

  8. #8
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    269
    Switzerland. Same reasons like soulcrusher already stated.

  9. #9
    Going with Finland. I just moved here, it had better be good!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I presume you mean the best country, not state in Europe, because how you put it terribly is akin to asking: whats the best country in America >.>
    No. He really meant state: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_state as opposed to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federated_state

    And as for the best country in America, I dunno I can't decide between Canada or Brazil.
    Last edited by The High Druid; 2012-08-30 at 03:16 PM.

  10. #10
    Brewmaster DieFichte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Confederaziun svizra
    Posts
    1,293
    I vote norway because it is one of the countries with living standart as close as it gets to switzerland, and it's not in the EU :P (sry sweden )

    And yay for the Switzerland votes already ( not suprising tough)

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    We say country here, not state.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    But well - you don't really eat something that speaks to you, is part of "your people"

  12. #12
    Switzerland. Same reasons as above. And because I like Bobsled Roller Coasters, and there's one themed after Switzerland (in Europapark, Rust, Germany).

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by winkies View Post
    We say country here, not state.
    Well it depends what you are referring to. England, wales and Scotland are countries, but are part of the United Kingdom. The UK is not a country but a state comprised of those three plus some other odds and ends.

  15. #15
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    Going with Finland. I just moved here, it had better be good!



    No. He really meant state: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_state as opposed to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federated_state

    And as for the best country in America, I dunno I can't decide between Canada or Brazil.
    Why Finland? It's dark and cold. You have to give reasons

  16. #16
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,223
    I'll choose Sweden, lots of forests, nice gouvernment, chances to grow, lakes, sea, etc, what's to want more? Maybe sometimes to actually be able to bathe in the sea, but still.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxluminis View Post
    Why Finland? It's dark and cold. You have to give reasons
    Well it's also light and warm. The sun may not come up much in winter, but it barely goes down in the summer. Heh I have my first full winter to get through yet though, so ask me again in a few months!

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire HavaanSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Englandshire
    Posts
    440
    Lichtenstein hands down.
    "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying."

    Woody Allen

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Shadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Jersey shore night club
    Posts
    1,175
    Probably Germany is the best state in Europe.

  20. #20
    I'm from Belgium and really like it here, though the law and political system has completely gone to shit (yesterday the wife of Dutroux, the child abductor and molester, was released after just 16 year of imprisonment, what did she do you ask? Locked children up in her garage and let the starve to death... Her dogs were in better shape than those poor kids). Best country, I'd have to say Republic of Ireland, a Scandinavian country or Switzerland or Austria. I love nature and to have long hiking trips in them, so those countries are obvious choices. Also, the life standard and quality seems to be rather high there (not saying it's low here, don't get me wrong), it just seems very pleasant to live there.
    I know I have to pick one though, so I'd say Sweden. (inbe4 Swedish chicks!)
    Last edited by Lorthiros; 2012-08-30 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

    Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •